Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The plea idea intrigues me. Could the suspect plea as a juvenile to all the charges, avoid trial as an adult, and keep the records sealed??

Oh my gosh, he COULD! If they have a hearing before new charges are filed or before the case is sent to adult court, I think he could quickly enter a plea and have to be sentenced as a juvenile for no more than second degree!

My law partner pulled a stunt like this once in a DUI case involving injuries. He sneaked in a plea before they could dismiss the lesser charges.

So what would he plea for? A chance for a shorter sentence? But, as someone under 18, he would be eligible for parole at some point, even down the road. Plea simply to avoid trial? Not knowing what evidence LE has, it's hard to predict what the suspect will do, but I'm not seeing huge advantage to plea unless it's as a juv. Tell me what I'm not seeing!

Maybe he'd get an offer of 25 years with parole instead of life? And maybe with the heinous nature of the crime, no plea will be offered.

I don't understand why LE does not release the suspects name. They towed 3 cars from his house, they were there all night, and they arrested him at home. Does that not count as releasing his name? jmo

Nothing is ever official until the judge is involved...

thank you.....

hopefully the W family can sue for wrongful death .... even without a conviction ((hope they start that process soon)) JMHO

Totally possible. Look at OJ Simpson, huge judgment in favor of the victims even though it was a not guilty verdict.

Didn't someone here say yesterday that the suspects mother ran a daycare at one time?
If that's the case, the lawsuits might be flying.

I searched the thread and this was the only reference I found to "daycare":

I just do not know how to feel personally about this guys family. As far as these people being a lovely family...you just do not know what goes on behind closed doors. In my family members case, his family was thought of the same way (well, by people who interacted with them on a surface level; the mother even had a daycare in her home for most of his childhood). You just can't know. MOO!

I may have missed it though. I'm sure someone will chime in if I'm wrong (one of my fellow WSers or our beloved locals).

Awaiting the official statement from LE - and abiding by TOS - is an exercise in (im)patience. *takes deep breath*

#JusticeForJenise

I've missed posting with you as well...

Found this article about murder charges..

http://web.kitsapsun.com/redesign/2003-08-16/local/231613.shtml

Granted it's a different county but Washington State must work under the same procedures..

I will predict an indictment for 1st degree murder along with being charged as an adult due to his victim being a child under 12...aggravating circumstances will follow.

I wonder if this precious child was in bed and he took her from her bed and home, kidnapping would be another aggravating factor. I hope they throw the book of statutes at this beast..
Is this LLL that posted in HFTM? Good to you!

Oh my gosh, he COULD! If they have a hearing before new charges are filed or before the case is sent to adult court, I think he could quickly enter a plea and have to be sentenced as a juvenile for no more than second degree!

My law partner pulled a stunt like this once in a DUI case involving injuries. He sneaked in a plea before they could dismiss the lesser charges.

Wow! That is sad really. I'd hope the juvenile court ADA and adult ADA would keep in touch with each other.

:scared:
Terrifying, in fact!

WS members, could we please all just take a moment to realize her name is spelled Jenise and not Janice or Jenice? This is not just a word, it is a name and she at minimum deserves for us to spell her name correctly.

Please & thank you.

*sorry for the interruption; this is a pet peeve of mine as my daughter has to deal with this daily.*

Not to be a b**** at all but if I had my way, we'd all refer to her as J, because she is the victim of a sex crime :( and deceased or not, should be afforded the privacy that the living victims get. moo , two cents, etc.

I disagree with it seeming "a lot like Websleuths over the past 24 hours". I am sorry, but statistically we had every right to suspect someone in the family or the father- especially because of the fact that she was reported missing so late. We know this fire drill all to well here.

I personally know how often assaults occur within families, not to mention the fact of her fathers previous history, and while I am happy it wasn't her father and glad that my suspicions were wrong- they were NOT unfounded.

I won't go into the fact that what her father did previously isn't magically wiped away because he lost his baby daughter. I will stop here.

I am sorry for the Wrights and grieving for their loss but I understand why some of us felt the way we did.
Well-said! I agree.:clap::clap::clap:

I don't understand why LE does not release the suspects name. They towed 3 cars from his house, they were there all night, and they arrested him at home. Does that not count as releasing his name? jmo

Everyone knows the name anyway and I think it's a law they cannot disclose a minors' name, so it's not really in their hands. moo

Maybe he'd get an offer of 25 years with parole instead of life? And maybe with the heinous nature of the crime, no plea will be offered.

Nothing is ever official until the judge is involved...

Totally possible. Look at OJ Simpson, huge judgment in favor of the victims even though it was a not guilty verdict.

O.J. had money. I'm assuming the perp's family doesn't. Certainly a 17yo doesn't. What would Jenise's family gain by a wrongful death civil suit?

Thats wrong. They can't be sentenced to LWOP. But they can be sentenced to life.

Hi gitana! Great to see you again!

That's right. The law changed that anyone under 18 cannot be given the death penalty.

I read about the change in the law in another youthful murder/rape offender case and now I cant remember which case it entailed.

I believe I read that someone under the age of 18 can be given up to 40 years with a possibility of parole. But I was certain I also read that if the crime is cruel, horrendous,premeditated, and heinous in nature the DA can ask that the defendant be sentenced to life without parole in certain cases. It has to be cases that are far out of societal norms and this case is certainly one of them imo. The DA has to prove these elements exist of course when the case comes before a jury.

IMO

I share your concerns about JW but I am being ''haunted'' right now about the possibility that he has interfered with other minors in that MHP and wherever he may have lived or visited in the past.

I cannot help but be concerned that there may very well be additional victims, as well...

Thank you so much Kimi, I misread the original statement to mean this suspect.
That's pretty huge, so thanks for finding that and clearing it up!

O.J. had money. I'm assuming the perp's family doesn't. Certainly a 17yo doesn't. What would Jenise's family gain by a wrongful death civil suit?

they have most likely got liability insurance on their vehicles and their home (even IF it is rented)

if death occurred as a result of their child (who could included in the above coverage) and he is their minor child ((also a factor right)) the coverage could include claims against them

Everyone knows the name anyway and I think it's a law they cannot disclose a minors' name, so it's not really in their hands. moo

I guess I am one of the few that hasn't searched for his name. I have no clue what his name is but I feel certain this is going to be bound over to adult court and his name will be splattered everywhere then. He deserves no less than to be exposed for the sexual deviant and murderer he is.

His name really doesn't matter to me. It is the horrendous acts he committed on a completely innocent child that matters.

IMO

I think there was a visit on Monday. In wonder if he was flagged then based on how he interviewed? JMO

He must have been extremely nervous, knowing he had given them a DNA sample, and knowing that others had seen him with her at some point over the weekend, and maybe even taken cell pix....:panic:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288