JLM: The Arrest

Discuss details of the arrest here.

UPDATED: Jesse "LJ" Matthew arrested in connection with abduction of Hannah Graham

Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 7:00 pm | Updated: 7:36 pm, Wed Sep 24, 2014.

Jesse “LJ” Matthew Jr. has been arrested in Galveston, Texas in connection with the disappearance of Northern Virginia native Hannah Graham.

Matthew, 32, was arrested Wednesday and will be extradited back to Virginia.

"Once that comes to completion, we'll have some more information to share with you," Charlottesville police Chief Timothy Longo said.

Longo did not comment on the circumstances surrounding the arrest.

Jesse Matthew arrested out-of-state in alleged kidnapping of U.Va. student Hannah Graham
By ABC 7 News, Associated Press
September 24, 2014 - 07:09 pm Updated: September 24, 2014 - 09:18 pm

[...]

"Jesse Matthew is in custody in Galveston, Texas," Police Chief Timothy Longo proclaimed to reporters, adding that the "extradition process is currently underway."

[...]

The Galveston County Sheriff’s Office confirmed one of their deputies located Matthew on a beach in the community of Gilcrest around 3:30 p.m. Central time, but they declined to discuss the circumstances surrounding his capture. Charlottesville investigators were expected to travel to Galveston on Thursday.

Suspect in Hannah Graham case in custody
By Dana Ford, CNN updated 8:30 PM EDT, Wed September 24, 2014

[...]

"We have a person in custody, but there's a long road ahead of us, and that long road includes finding Hannah Graham," Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo told reporters.

[...]

"I am Mr. Matthew's attorney," said James Camblos, who spoke outside his office in Charlottesville, Virginia.

"I was hired on Saturday. That's the only thing that I'm going to confirm at this point. The family and I -- nobody is making any statements at this point in time. We might later on, but right now we are not," he said.
Suspect in University of Virginia student disappearance arrested in Galveston

[...]

Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo announced Matthew's capture at a news conference Wednesday night. He said Matthew was in custody in Galveston, Texas, and would be extradited to Virginia.

According to the Galveston County Sheriff's Office, Matthew was located on the beach in Gilcrest on the Bolivar Penisula at around 3:30pm.

Longo added that police were still searching for Graham.

RAW VIDEO: Jesse Matthew Appears in Texas Court
Posted: Sep 25, 2014 10:29 AM CST Updated: Sep 25, 2014 10:33 AM CST
By WRIC Newsroom

GALVESTON, Tx. - WATCH: Jesse Matthew, charged in the disappearance of UVA student Hannah Graham, appeared in court in Texas Thursday morning...watch the raw video of him signing documents here.

Chris Hurst @chrishurstwdbj · 1h
At Bolivar peninsula. Talked with bait shop owner who says #JesseMatthew may have been here since Mon. #HannahGraham

ByZTh99IQAAUeSJ.jpg

Chris Hurst ‏@chrishurstwdbj 14m
This is where #JesseMatthew was camping and arrested on a beach outside Gilchrist, TX. #HannahGraham

ByZioT5IMAEopFY.jpg

https://twitter.com/chrishurstwdbj

I haven't been posting about Hannah, but I have been definitely been closely following and watching the developments. All I can say is I am extremely happy that JM was found and arrested. Not to sound judgmental, but even just looking at his pics on the Daily Mail site, I can tell something is just 'not right' with this guy. I see evil in his eyes. I hope we are now closer to figuring out where Hannah is. It's time for her loved ones to have some answers.

"people are asking about if the young lady.. the... SHE has not been located"

"Officers will be asking JLM if he wants to 'talk'"

Officer who apprehended JLM declined to answers any questions, and requesting media respect that

Wow, what a difference in press conferences!

Tipster called their non-emergency number, not 911. Publicity in this case "excellent".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back