BC Waived Conflict re: Mark NJ repping TES- what does this mean?

pirate

Former Member
Reaction score
Is this a sign that the Anthonys might begin to cooperate with the prosecution?

The Anthonys we have become accustomed to would have come out swinging, screaming conflict if it would have any affect at all on helping to make things more difficult for the SA.

Instead, they seem to be siding with MNJ and TES rather than the defense by not backing the JB complaint that there is a conflict.

What do you all think?

I think all this means is that the Anthony's have no conflict with Nejame representing TES. This means there will be no problem on their part. Baez brought up the issue of Nejame formally being the Anthony's attorney.
Another words, Baez is the only one who has a problem with Nejame representing TES.
They also asked that the defense get discovery, so It seems they agree that Baez should get TES documents, but they won't argue with anyone over it.
ARE THEY COMING AROUND?
I doubt it!

The Anthonys we have become accustomed to would have come out swinging, screaming conflict if it would have any affect at all on helping to make things more difficult for the SA.

Instead, they seem to be siding with MNJ and TES rather than the defense by not backing the JB complaint that there is a conflict.

What do you all think?

From the Florida Bar Rules...

RULE 4-1.9 CONFLICT OF INTEREST; FORMER CLIENT

A lawyer who has formerly represented a client in a matter shall not thereafter:

(a) represent another person in the same or a substantially related matter in which that person’s interests are materially adverse to the interests of the former client unless the former client gives informed consent; or

(b) use information relating to the representation to the disadvantage of the former client except as rule 4-1.6 would permit with respect to a client or when the information has become generally known.

What do you all think?

I agree with you. I'm surprised they took that position too.

Maybe Conway understands that Nejame is too good of a lawyer to make enemies with.

There is a chance BC is thinking of his own best interests rather than those of his clients. Are we even sure he still represents George?

Perhaps he thought the public might hate the family more if he took the objection?

I really don't understand it.

is it common for an attoryney to interject himself in every area of the case such as bc has done???? Seems like he is everywhere and anywhere.....tia

From the Florida Bar Rules...

RULE 4-1.9 CONFLICT OF INTEREST; FORMER CLIENT

A lawyer who has formerly represented a client in a matter shall not thereafter:

(a) represent another person in the same or a substantially related matter in which that person’s interests are materially adverse to the interests of the former client unless the former client gives informed consent; or :clap:

(b) use information relating to the representation to the disadvantage of the former client except as rule 4-1.6 would permit with respect to a client or when the information has become generally known.

Thank you for sharing this, maybe you should send Baez a copy. LOL.
I agree that BC was there today to let the judge know that the Anthony's have no objection of Nejame representing TES, I also thought I heard BC ask the judge to please help in the expedition of all discovery. Did anyone else hear that? Or did misinterpret? Thanks in advance.

I agree that BC was there today to let the judge know that the Anthony's have no objection of Nejame representing TES, I also thought I heard BC ask the judge to please help in the expedition of all discovery. Did anyone else hear that? Or did misinterpret? Thanks in advance.

thought I herad that as well...along with their love of their daughter...

is it common for an attoryney to interject himself in every area of the case such as bc has done???? Seems like he is everywhere and anywhere.....tia

I have never seen anything like it.

I'm on the west coast and slept through the hearing and i'm just watching it now...i'll let you know when i get to the part where BC speaks.

i think he was there to get it on the record that they are consenting to MN representing TES.

i also think its partly because he is trying to get them immunity so he's playing nice with the SA

MOO

He actually referred to the very same rule in Court when the issue was first raised. Technically, I think MN should have had that waiver before he agreed to appear for TES, but I may be wrong. But if the As don't complain, it's pretty much a moot point.

thought I herad that as well...along with their love of their daughter...

Yea IMO they throw that in so KC wouldn't be mad and say they arent on her side because they waived there conflict to MN defending TES:crazy:Just me though:)

Yea IMO they throw that in so KC wouldn't be mad and say they arent on her side because they waived there conflict to MN defending TES:crazy:Just me though:)

I agree. I just watched it....I thought it was really weird....the guy likes the sound of his own voice and has incredible arrogance to speak to the judge the way he did! Ordinarily the State would speak on behalf of a victim's family member.

I really think this waiver could backfire on him big time, if the As decide to turn on him....unless it was fully and properly explained to the As and he has written, informed consent to waive it, I would think they would have a good basis for a complaint. I know that I would never waive my rights to confidentiality like that, and find it very odd that he has done it on behalf of his clients.

BC doesn't work in a vacuum and neither does MN. I am sure MN obtained a waiver from the Anthonys when MN first agreed to represent TES several months ago. BC would have discussed this with his clients prior to showing up in court to let the judge know that his CLIENTS waive the conflict issue.

Salem

Almost like asking for the prosecution to poop or get off the pot....LOL

BC is being interviewed on Live In Sessions right now.

I am thinking that the A's asking for discovery docs to be given to the defense as quickly as possible is about getting Caylee buried. Until JB has all info from SA office, that gives JB/KC an excuse to hold up turning over Caylee's remains to the A's. Thats the excuse I've heard last from defense anyway--that they need to keep possession of the remains until they get all info from SA. Thats what I'm thinking anyway.

BC doesn't work in a vacuum and neither does MN. I am sure MN obtained a waiver from the Anthonys when MN first agreed to represent TES several months ago. BC would have discussed this with his clients prior to showing up in court to let the judge know that his CLIENTS waive the conflict issue.

Salem

How can you be sure of that? For some crazy reason the As were pretty angry at TM. Do you work for him or do you have direct knowledge, or are you guessing?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back