Police say parents are not answering vital questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard the theories that LE wants to interview the parents separately because LE will try to plot one parent against another, that it would be easier for one parent to confess if the other isn't present, or that it's just more intimidating for the parents to be alone.

While any and all variations of the above may be true there is still an obvious, much less manipulative reason why it would be advantageous to interview them separately. Alone, each parent would answer questions with their own words, recollections, thoughts and interpretation of the events. When any and all information could hold great value, it is important to collect as many views of the events as possible. One parent might recall and share something that seems unimportant at the time but proves to be of great value in moving the case forward.

When two people are answering questions together, it is likely that one will answer and the other will agree, disagree and maybe add a fact they think might be significant. But neither will be as detailed in their answers or have the opportunity to give their 100% personal view of the events. Because sitting together and answering together they are providing a "group" view, consciously or not. With most couples I know, there is a leader/follower, talker/quiet balance that is set in place. I can see how that could interfere with information gathering in a group session.

Of course there will be differences in their memories and interpretations but there should be because they will process the input in different ways. It doesn't mean the differences are right or wrong or sinister. It just means there are more details available to LE with which to work. . . and this, IMO, would be a good thing.
I don't know how these two sleep at night. The truth is the truth - whether they are interviewed together or apart. Lisa is rotting away somewhere if she is dead - is that what they are counting on? No cause of death to prove in court??? They make me sick.

For some reason, today I am much more angrier and frustrated. Lisa has been missing for 6 weeks now. Her 1st birthday was yesterday and she should have been celebrating with her first cake, birthday presents, etc. Next is her first Christmas :(

IMO, these parents are not doing what parents should be doing when their child is missing. BL deserves a chance to be found. And this means fully cooperating with police and doing whatever it takes to find this child if you are indeed innocent.

Yep, I'm frustrated and disgusted, too. These parents are not cooperating because they want to be "together." Have they no concern about who Baby Lisa might be "together" with right now?

Under what conditions should parental rights take precedence over their infant's life and well being?

I have heard the theories that LE wants to interview the parents separately because LE will try to plot one parent against another, that it would be easier for one parent to confess if the other isn't present, or that it's just more intimidating for the parents to be alone.

While any and all variations of the above may be true there is still an obvious, much less manipulative reason why it would be advantageous to interview them separately. Alone, each parent would answer questions with their own words, recollections, thoughts and interpretation of the events. When any and all information could hold great value, it is important to collect as many views of the events as possible. One parent might recall and share something that seems unimportant at the time but proves to be of great value in moving the case forward.

When two people are answering questions together, it is likely that one will answer and the other will agree, disagree and maybe add a fact they think might be significant. But neither will be as detailed in their answers or have the opportunity to give their 100% personal view of the events. Because sitting together and answering together they are providing a "group" view, consciously or not. With most couples I know, there is a leader/follower, talker/quiet balance that is set in place. I can see how that could interfere with information gathering in a group session.

Of course there will be differences in their memories and interpretations but there should be because they will process the input in different ways. It doesn't mean the differences are right or wrong or sinister. It just means there are more details available to LE with which to work. . . and this, IMO, would be a good thing.

I agree with what you wrote. JI wasn't there that night so he can't help her with her recollections. She needs to do this part on her own, with a lawyer present, of course.

It probably doesn't even matter...these parents are not going to help LE, for whatever reason, together or separate, IMO. They seem to feel they have done enough. LE needs to carry on, as they are doing. Lots of people don't want to talk to police, it doesn't mean that LE can't eventually find out what happened and make arrests accordingly.

It makes sense for them to be interviewed separately.

According to the timeline, JI only got in at 3:30. He had half and hour at home so he knows what he did during that half and hour before he called 911.

DB was home at 5 pm until JI got home. She should know what happened during the time she was home.

WHY DOES JI NEED TO BE THERE WHILE SHE IS BEING INTERVIEWED?????? IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE THAT HE BE WITH HIS WIFE DURING HER INTERVIEWS WITH POLICE. HE WASN'T THERE. SHE WAS AT HOME. To throw the cops a bone about what happened that night is not good enough. A child is gone. Comply with police, please.

But they have done that already. As I understand it, they accused mom, they pitted one against the other...why would they allow that again? Seems to me if they are insisting that they be interviewed separately, which they have already been through, then it is just for more of the same.

Yep, I'm frustrated and disgusted, too. These parents are not cooperating because they want to be "together." Have they no concern about who Baby Lisa might be "together" with right now?

Under what conditions should parental rights take precedence over their infant's life and well being?

If LE thought that the questions they had were vital to finding BL, I'm very sure they would ask them together or apart. Obviously the questions aren't a make or break in the case. I would expect more of the same pitting against each other and accusations.

This guy just flat ....omg let me get the video of him saying they ARE SUSPECTS....holy moly!!!!!!!!!

Attorney: Baby Lisa’s Parents Are Now Suspects in Her Disappearance

The most notable remark in Friday’s presser by lawyer John Piscerno came when he responded to a reporter who asked him if his clients were considered suspects by police. Piscerno answered, saying, “They’ve told them as much, sure … Debby in particular.”

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/11/1...arents-are-now-supsects-in-her-disappearance/
video of him saying it there too.

HE KNEW HE SCREWED UP WHEN HE SAID IT!!!!!!!!!

There is no way that they are NOT suspects. I'm very sure the accusations and innuendo that LE spewed during her interviews/questioning would lead anyone to assume they were a suspect. I would think that anyone that has not been totally cleared is still suspected....For LE to say they are not suspects is 'covering their butts'..

There is such incredible spin taking place in this case. I have NEVER seen the media, and the public (like on fb -- TONS of sites dedicated to Lisa and help "finding" her) act the way they are in this case....... I mean, I could explode here with how I feel.

Snipped and bolded by me = You should have followed the Victoria Stafford case here in Ontario. The FB/Media pages could have just been reopened and Deb/Jeremy's name inserted instead of Tara/James (&Rodney). Almost identical to the hair dying :)

But they have done that already. As I understand it, they accused mom, they pitted one against the other...why would they allow that again? Seems to me if they are insisting that they be interviewed separately, which they have already been through, then it is just for more of the same.
Oh, I believe a lot has happened since 10/4-10/8. There have been multiple searches with who knows what found, an HRD dog hit in an area of the floor of the bedroom, a search warrant with 19-hour search of the home, time for some lab test results to come back, interviews with many people other than DB and JI, phone records obtained, second interviews with each of their boys, etc..

So there potentially may be many things that LE want to question DB and JI about...separately...especially things that weren't known between 10/4-10/8. There may even be some things known back then that now, based on further investigation and other evidence, need more exploration with DB and JI, separately.

:twocents:

Nothing must irk LE more than a bunch of <modsnips> lying to them and jerking them around for a month. They stopped searching and are just biding their time til some one of them does something stupider than they already have. They (LE) can say and do anything they want to just to get under the skins of these people. Do you think LE wants to be in the middle of this pathetic soap opera? I am sure they know way way more than they are saying. LE has every right to be livid and accuse these people, they are hiding a twisted lifestyle from being exposed, missing baby is just a side distraction to their everyday craziness, IMO.

Nothing must irk LE more than a bunch of <modsnips> lying to them and jerking them around for a month. They stopped searching and are just biding their time til some one of them does something stupider than they already have. They (LE) can say and do anything they want to just to get under the skins of these people. Do you think LE wants to be in the middle of this pathetic soap opera? I am sure they know way way more than they are saying. LE has every right to be livid and accuse these people, they are hiding a twisted lifestyle from being exposed, missing baby is just a side distraction to their everyday craziness, IMO.

Exactly, MW, jersey, Dane and the others in the house need to start talking, truthfully. Where was jersey AFTER he turned the sprinklers off that night until the 12:15 sighting of the man WHO LOOKED LIKE JERSEY carrying a baby down the street?

Was it Dane or jersey or someone else who called MW from the stolen phone?

We get answers from<mod snip>and we will know where Lisa is. IMHO

I don't see this as similar to the case of missing child Haleigh Cummings. Haleigh was supposedly being looked after by two in-love, soon to be married, adults that were either three sheets to the wind or involved with serious drug use, abuse and sales. They perceived themselves as living an underground life and associated with people that were mentally deranged.

With Lisa, we have a couple that is apparently quite normal (except for forgetting to divorce one guy before having a baby with another), well-intentioned but unable to explain their missing child. On the one hand we have the baby thief theory, on the other hand we have collusion between parents suggesting a cover up. Haleigh Cumming's disappearance smells of collusion between cousins so there is a similarity ... of sorts ... but also a significant difference.

I find both Haleigh and Lisa's disappearances eerily familiar.

Both female children were left under the watch of an adult female. Haileigh with her father's gf and Lisa with her mom.

Both children's fathers were at werk.

Both females don't remember hearing anything.

Both children disappeared into the dark of night.

Both children disappeared without a trace.

Both women either drank alcohol or did other drugs.

Both children are still missing.

One case is already a cold case. The other imo is heading that way quickly.

The parents have a story that they have put together. In earlier interviews, it was DB that ruled that story. And when JI did speak the story held more contradictions. IMO

LE says that they need to have an interview with them separately. Now, if they were not guilty, they should have no problem with this. But JI and DB are scared of getting the story wrong. Nevermind the fact that the longer they keep silent, the longer it will take to find BL.

The boys have finally been interviewed but I think they had to agree to it as I bet LE had something in place to make sure they did get interviewed. I don't think having the boys interviewed was done willingly. I have to wonder too why the boys are at the relatives now. Was CPS already involved?

One other thing that bothers me is, why are they not allowing DNA to be taken from the boys? Is there DNA in that house that will show who an accomplice might be?

Their lawyers are spinning stories on Fox and ABC news, the very channels that they have agreements with. Now the story has gotten all so confused that we don't even know what is correct and what is not. This is what lawyers do. They are trying to make sure their clients get a fair trial, if they are charged, and are trying to get the public off of DB and JI.

The PI is doing nothing to find BL, but is right there spinning stories too. I thought he was hired to find this sweet baby? The public is doing more than the parents and their PI to find Lisa. This is their baby and they are whining because LE was hard on them in interrogation? Come on! A baby, your baby DB and JI, is missing!!! Why are you not helping to find her?

This whole case is heartbreaking and I sure the heck hope that this case does get solved and someone pays for what happened to BL.

IMO
I'm a little hesitant to agree because this is such a highly emotional case.
However I do agree with this post, particularly with the part I bolded.

When the truth is told over and over and over and over (you get the picture) it doesn't change. When 2 people make up a story or make up parts of a story it's hard to keep the facts and the lies separate. It's hard to keep the lies straight. MO, that is why Deborah and Jeremy don't want to talk to detectives separately. If they are questioned together they can look towards one another and figure out when to say what. Kind of like they did during at least 2 tv interviews.

Sadly I think these 2 are guilty in the disappearance of their baby. moo

It probably doesn't even matter...these parents are not going to help LE, for whatever reason, together or separate, IMO. They seem to feel they have done enough. LE needs to carry on, as they are doing. Lots of people don't want to talk to police, it doesn't mean that LE can't eventually find out what happened and make arrests accordingly.

How could any parent feel they've done enough when their baby is missing?:banghead:

If LE thought that the questions they had were vital to finding BL, I'm very sure they would ask them together or apart. Obviously the questions aren't a make or break in the case. I would expect more of the same pitting against each other and accusations.

I guess this will be a major disagreement in our views, then, because I believe there may be many, many small details that are individually of no importance but when combined with other information ~ they could very well be "vital." They could make or break the case. No one knows until those questions are answered ~ not even those who may be asking!

:cow:​

There is no way that they are NOT suspects. I'm very sure the accusations and innuendo that LE spewed during her interviews/questioning would lead anyone to assume they were a suspect. I would think that anyone that has not been totally cleared is still suspected....For LE to say they are not suspects is 'covering their butts'..

I don't think anyone is really completely cleared until a case is solved. Evidence emerges, alibis fall through, etc. I agree that there is no way they are not suspects- the restricted, borrowed, non working, stolen (although other valuables remain undisturbed), pinging cell phones, the window that could/could not be a point of entry, the 6:40/7:30/10:30 bedtime/check up, the selective memory of the possibly black out drunk DB, the varying details of JI's checking on the children when he returned home are all suspicious. No way of knowing how much LE knew during the initial interviews, but it is reasonable to assume some new information has emerged. We've all seen in media interviews how DB takes over answering when JI stumbles. We now know that LE is not demanding interviews without the presence of attorneys although I never thought they were demanding such terms. I agree that an accusatory interview would be disturbing, but what could be more disturbing than a missing child? The only reason I can see for refusing separate interviews is self interest. All MOO.

Exactly, MW, jersey, Dane and the others in the house need to start talking, truthfully. Where was jersey AFTER he turned the sprinklers off that night until the 12:15 sighting of the man WHO LOOKED LIKE JERSEY carrying a baby down the street?

Was it Dane or jersey or someone else who called MW from the stolen phone?

We get answers from these<modsnip> and we will know where Lisa is. IMHO

Maybe all the<mod snip> you mentioned will only agree to be interviewed together, with all lawyers present.

Seems to be working for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member