NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to trust that LE under the direction of the BSU are meticuously making moves and releasing information in a particular organized way. They have access to great profiling minds such as John Douglas who is one of the pioneers. I'm sure that he is encouraging reccomendationns offered in his book, Inside the mind of BTK. There is a season and a time for everything and maybe now is not the time to publicly release ccertainn information. Then again, if they have a written nnote from the sk, they need to allow the public to view it. Somebody may be able to identify him. If they havehis voice recorded; let the public hear! These are a couple of big mistakes of the Witchita police department which took them thirty years to catch that dispicable fool.

I wonder if Shannan still has hands and feet?

On JVM last night, a reporter said the police comm. said the remains were in tact and there was no dismemberment.

I'm going to trust that LE under the direction of the BSU are meticuously making moves and releasing information in a particular organized way. They have access to great profiling minds such as John Douglas who is one of the pioneers. I'm sure that he is encouraging reccomendationns offered in his book, Inside the mind of BTK. There is a season and a time for everything and maybe now is not the time to publicly release ccertainn information. Then again, if they have a written nnote from the sk, they need to allow the public to view it. Somebody may be able to identify him. If they havehis voice recorded; let the public hear! These are a couple of big mistakes of the Witchita police department which took them thirty years to catch that dispicable fool.

So true!! John Douglas is originally from LI. I think that is what they are doing....following recommendations.
If they had listened to Douglas in the first place they WOULD have had BTK years earlier.
Bottom line is, LE needs to do whatever it needs to do, to smoke out this animal. They can keep things quiet, let out information in small increments, or put out misinformation.....as long as they get him!!

Concerning the question on how deep the water was in the marsh area before it was drained, I found this today:

http://www.longislandpress.com/2011/12/14/gilgo-victims-families-say-shannan-gilbert-was-murdered/
Quote:
At the time of her disappearance, Gilbert, unfamiliar with the area, was running alongside the tall reeds that line Anchor Way. In the darkness, she would not have been able to see that those reeds were hiding flooded marsh that, at times, can be filled waist-deep with water.

So the question is was May 1, 2010 such a "at times" ?

These are from the same 2010 Google map from Blockshopper. If possible can you look at the three items in Pic 2 that I have circled. (It uploaded way too small...left of image/circle says What is this? Middle/circled image says Person & small vehicle? On left, the large rectangle is from the street lamp to an object...the text says "Shannan?"
This is where I get the map
http://longisland.blockshopper.com/property/47-20-89-243-000-0001-189-000-0000/48_larboard

Attachments

• LISK Marsh Google2010 Q Shannan Remains.jpg
    LISK Marsh Google2010 Q Shannan Remains.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 48
  • LISK Marsh no zoom from google 2010.jpg
    LISK Marsh no zoom from google 2010.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 55
This is a larger view to the SW of the light pole, on OP where we believe Shannan was found.

The question here is what is on the left and between the item on left is that a figure/person on the shoulder of OP next to a small vehicle or machine?

Attachments

• LISK Marsh Google2010 What is to left & is that person on shoulder.jpg
    LISK Marsh Google2010 What is to left & is that person on shoulder.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 78
if you are out in a muddy, snakey ,buggy , prickly, plants up to your a-- ,middle of the dang nowhere...are you going to stop running and take your pants off?

not me...I'm turning in another direction...screw that.

This is a larger view to the SW of the light pole, on OP where we believe Shannan was found.

The question here is what is on the left and between the item on left and is that a figure/person on the shoulder of OP next to a small vehicle or machine?

woah...when was this taken? that looks like a person and a shadow.

Yes, it does. The Image when zoomed as far as you can go says "google 2010." No month though...I can't get Image Info beyond that...maybe someone else knows more about google image data.

I have thought for a long time that this SK has a reason to be on the OP and that no one would think twice as to why he/she is there. Hwy maintenance crew, road crews, animal management, LE ????

LINE PAINTER?

At first, I thought it was rubber from the tire of an 18 wheeler on the side of the road. But I recall someone saying early on that since OP is a Pkwy that truck traffic is restricted unless they have deliveries in the area.

So yeah...it looks like a person and shadow to me too.

:twocents:

wm

I don't recall any recent construction that would require line-painting.

Fellow Islanders?

Ahhh, Thank you minazoe! You rock! The map included in your link finally gave me some directional perspective of the area. I held ctrl and ++++++ to enlarge the image(hold ctrl ------ to return)

Is the house in the map that sets off to itself to the N (?) of Larboard Ct. the home of any of the players in msm? Is that the one visible from OP where the remains were found.

OT I have navigated across the USA using an Atlas, I know how to use a compass from offshore fishing, if I am a passenger in a car to an unknown area, I can find my way out because I pay attention, I can also tell the time of day from the sun's placement in the sky....but....I have difficulty reading direction with aeriel shots. thank goodness I am not a bird! lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak