Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see it like this at all.

It's also simply not true that Bongiorno said Amanda provided the confession voluntarily. She argued the opposite.

Bongiorno have been defending Amanda and declaring her innocence along with Raffaele's since the beginning. It didn't change.

Bongiorno tried to discuss the statement that Knox signed at the time of her arrest, but the Judge shut her down and told her that it is not part of the trial evidence and will not be discussed.

Bongiorno tried to discuss the statement that Knox signed at the time of her arrest, but the Judge shut her down and told her that it is not part of the trial evidence and will not be discussed.

I don't think your information about what was said is accurate at all.

Let's just disagree :)

Isn't it strange? Either they were very very dumb or they had something against Patrick that had nothing to do with the statement extracted from the girl.

Dumb police do arrest suspects when eye witness information about a murder is reported ... those dumb police! Murderers should be allowed to do whatever they want until there is a conviction!!!

Ha, sorry, this is an Italian piece gone through my Google Chrome translation--- :laugh: :laugh:

Meredith Kercher murder: waiting for the judgment

In the classroom there will be the brothers of the British student murdered in Perugia in 2007. Of the two defendants we will only Raffaele Sollecito, Amanda Knox listen to the reading of the United States. For them, respectively, the PG has asked 26 and 30 years in prison -
Florence
January 29, 2014

They come from all over the world, 500 journalists accredited to follow the reading of the sentence on the murder of Meredith Kercher, the British student murdered in Perugia November 1st 2007.

There is great anticipation for the moment when the Assize Court of Appeal of Florence, on Thursday afternoon, will retire in the Council Chamber to decide whether Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito are guilty or innocent.

In the classroom there will be brothers Meredith, Stephanie and Lyle, while the two defendants we will only Raffaele Sollecito. Amanda Knox will follow the hearing by the United States.

Whether there will be the risk arrest sentence Sollecito If convicted, the Deputy Attorney General, Alexander Horsehair, asked for the defendants an interim measure pending the verdict becomes final. In the case of Sollecito could also be stopped - some have read her presence in the classroom tomorrow as a sort of last-ditch effort to convince the judges that is not going to escape. Any precautionary measure, in fact, for he would take effect immediately: in the case of the travel ban would withdraw the passport immediately, in the case of the home would have a period of time to get home, in case of arrest would be taken immediately to prison.

For Knox, however, would be those times, longer, treaties between Italy and the United States. request of the PG: 30 years for Amanda, Raffaele 26 Including the final three years already for slander Patrick Lumumba, for Amanda Knox asked the Attorney General has 30 years in prison, Raffaele Sollecito 26.

The magistrates of Florence have eliminated the motive of the game came erotic evil proposed by the prosecution in Perugia. According to their reconstruction in the murder would cause friction between the two girls for the management of the house. :laugh:
http://www.rainews.it/dl/rainews/ar...0d35ebcfe5.html#sthash.dHtfKsAa.lMUbhsCI.dpuf

Dumb police do arrest suspects when eye witness information about a murder is reported ... those dumb police! Murderers should be allowed to do whatever they want until there is a conviction!!!

Otto, I believe this is the first time I've seen you use the word dumb on here.

They had a confused nonsensical and devoid of details statement from a girl
that (always according to the police testimony) was just caught lying and also was in a state of emotional shock.

I'd expect the cops to be a little bit cautious and skeptical in such situation.

They had zero evidence of Lumumba's involvement. It was a dumb move to arrest Lumumba and the reality check was swift and humiliating when the prints didn't match him.

Either not very bright or there was something else in play.

I must say I am surprised at Raffaele staying in Italy.
I would be afraid if I were in his shoes; However, I think he and his father rightly concluded it would look worse if he didn't appear.

Otto, I believe this is the first time I've seen you use the word dumb on here.

My apologies ... I should have put it in quotation marks, as it wasn't exactly my word. Still, anyone that wants the "dumb police" to leave murderers on the street should rethink the consequences.

They had a confused nonsensical and devoid of details statement from a girl
that (always according to the police testimony) was just caught lying and also was in a state of emotional shock.

I'd expect the cops to be a little bit cautious and skeptical in such situation.

They had zero evidence of Lumumba's involvement. It was a dumb move to arrest Lumumba and the reality check was swift and humiliating when the prints didn't match him.

Either not very bright or there was something else in play.

Police had all the evidence they needed. They had an eye witness who stated that she was present at the murder scene, albeit in another room with her fingers in her ears, and who claimed that her boss violently murdered Meredith.

This case is an embarrassment, a Costa Concordia of Italian judiciary. It will not go away with tomorrow's conviction, it will only get worse.
Well, we don't know what the ruling will be. We know something of Nencini and the opinion of the Court of Cassation, but if these professional and lay judges are independent , then how do we know what they will make of everything? I really am prepared to hear convictions or acquittals.

I can't believe 500 international journalists will be descending on that courtroom, yikes. Raffaelle must be sleepless tonight.

I must say I am surprised at Raffaele staying in Italy.

If the verdict is guilty, there will be provisions, most likely stripping Sollecito of his passport, but he is hoping that by appearing in the courtroom, it demonstrates good will and that he will keep all of his freedoms. I think it's the best move he can make. If he flees to DR prior to the hearing, he will definitely be stripped of his rights and freedoms.

My apologies ... I should have put it in quotation marks, as it wasn't exactly my word. Still, anyone that wants the "dumb police" to leave murderers on the street should rethink the consequences.

The consequences of their "professionalism" were three innocent people in jail and the murderer still on the loose.

The consequences of this judicial circus will be Guede back on loose this year, probably soon raping and murdering again.

Well, we don't know what the ruling will be. We know something of Nencini and the opinion of the Court of Cassation, but if these professional and lay judges are independent , then how do we know what they will make of everything? I really am prepared to hear convictions or acquittals.

I can't believe 500 international journalists will be descending on that courtroom, yikes. Raffaelle must be sleepless tonight.

500 journalists have requested permission to report from the courtroom during the last six years, but I don't think that 500 will attend.

Police had all the evidence they needed. They had an eye witness who stated that she was present at the murder scene, albeit in another room with her fingers in her ears, and who claimed that her boss violently murdered Meredith.

Wow. I must say I don't see it like this.

If the verdict is guilty, there will be provisions, most likely stripping Sollecito of his passport, but he is hoping that by appearing in the courtroom, it demonstrates good will and that he will keep all of his freedoms. I think it's the best move he can make. If he flees to DR prior to the hearing, he will definitely be stripped of his rights and freedoms.
Yes, I absolutely agree. This was the only way to go.

I seem to remember from media reports and also from the leaked text messages that Raffaele made the decision to stay in Italy and face the injustice long ago.

500 journalists have requested permission to report from the courtroom during the last six years, but I don't think that 500 will attend.
Oh, OK - :laugh:

I was wondering how the heck they would get all their equiptment in there :eek:

I seem to remember from media reports and also from the leaked text messages that Raffaele made the decision to stay in Italy and face the injustice long ago.
Right - it may well have been just rumor or speculation that he was intending to flee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752