Trial Discussion Thread #59 - 14.21.10, Day 48 ~ sentencing~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning from a wet and wind lashed London...I have the day off work, Sky news is on and the coffee is brewing

Hoping Masipa will do the right thing

Don't want to 'steal' your Brenda Wardle tweets Aika but this one is interesting:

Brenda Wardle @BrendaWardle · 6m 6 minutes ago
In S v V it was held that the correctional officer's report must not be superficial nor should it reveal bias. #PistoriusTrial

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before but does anyone know, off the top of their heads, how much time he would serve before being elligible for parole if he was sentenced to, say, 8 years with 4 of the 8 suspended? Would he be out after 2 years or 4? Thanks in advance and, if you want to make me feel better, please tell me it's at least 4.

Strapped in.

If no period before parole is stipulated, he'll be eligible after serving half (or 4 as per your post). Masipa has some discretion and could, but probably wouldn't, stipulate that he must spend up to 2/3 time in prison before being eligible.

From news24:

Barry and June Steenkamp have arrived at court. Meanwhile, Oscar Pistorius has left his uncle's home in Waterkloof, Pretoria.

Masipa has shown her true colors. I expect she will fly those same colors today.

All I'm realistically hoping for today is that Nel slams down the Appeal gauntlet with a wicked smile, "Good."

Anything above and beyond that is pure gravy.

Alex Crawford got a front row position outside the courthouse. Do Sky get certain privileges or was she standing there all night to reserve her place?

Wouldn't miss today for the world. So glad to have been able to share this sad and frustrating journey with you all. :loveyou:

Homegirl, did you make these?

If you did, well... they're AMAZING!!

The second one gave me chills…

Thanks ColonelMustard. I am replying to this post since the other one closed. I did the collages in photoshop. I just wanted to do something constructive to ease frustrations and sadness for Reeva and those who love her. They can both use a little more work.

I would like for Nel to appeal too, but I hate the idea of OP walking out of court again, so I will be glad to see him get a custodial sentence. I am not too hpeful.

I'm watching on APAC (a TV channel for the Aussies on Foxtel) until I get a live feed on my PC. There's a massive crowd outside the courthouse. Barry is inside in the hallway leading to the courtroom. He's smiling. Lots of people inside that corridor. OP's good friend, not, Marc Batchelor is inside the courtroom, hoping to gloat I suspect.

Henke says he's "fine". He was asked how his son was, "he's fine". As, probably Luxe said, he's probably sweating bullets right now.

Camembert today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 150
Good evening from sunny Melbourne. Hubby, son - his mates, daughter - her friends. A gathering of almost 15 people waiting for justice.

Good morning everyone. I'm feeling quite nervous about this.

They were just saying on Oscar extra that the dilemma for OP is a harsh enough sentence to keep Nel at bay. The guy (didn't catch his name but know the voice) said in his opinion eight years with four suspended would be a fair and appropriate sentence in this case (given the verdict) and that home detention would be too lenient.

Oscar under heavy guard today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 145
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors