John and Irene Bryant-NC

I wonder if he rifled through her car before moving her from area. She may have brought extra fleeces to change to after a strenuous sweaty hike. We know he had a comfort level with stealing. He had her ATM card and I find it hard to believe she was hiking on a trail with that. Probably grabbed things of value quickly and didn't realize he lost his baton .

I wonder if he rifled through her car before moving her from area. She may have brought extra fleeces to change to after a strenuous sweaty hike. We know he had a comfort level with stealing. He had her ATM card and I find it hard to believe she was hiking on a trail with that. Probably grabbed things of value quickly and didn't realize he lost his baton .
I am a very experienced backpacker and dayhiker and have hiked the AT in this area extensively. I would NEVER leave my wallet in my car at a trailhead. NEVER. I don't know anyone else who would either. Break-ins happen all the time at trailheads, hikers are very aware of this.

Now, if I were going trailrunning, er, maybe, and only if I were going to be gone a short time. But Meredith was carrying all kinds of heavy stuff, multiple water bottles, dog leash, dog treats, mittens, etc. The warrant mentions a fanny pack she might have had. So, if ya got a fanny pack, you have room to tuck your wallet in. Or at least take out your DL and credit cards and take them with you, they barely weigh a thing and are small...

The peice of evidence that would link the Bryants positively would be more like DNA. A driver's license, atm card, etc could be said to be found on the street..but I think there may have been a piece of DNA transferred from Mr Bryant to the van. It will be fascinating what they found that is proof positive he alledgedly was involved with the Bryants murders.

The peice of evidence that would link the Bryants positively would be more like DNA.
I think they're only talking about the fact that the plate was confirmed stolen in Trans Cty. Notice the language. They're only talking about a "link between Transylvania County, GMH and the Bryants. A link, not "evidence". It's just the stolen plate, IMO.

Possibly someone saw Hilton in a white Astro van w/NC plates near where the Bryants went missing. There is the "link". Again, they did not use the term "evidence", as they most certainly would have if they'd been referring to DNA.

I think the NC sheriff was just being beseiged by media inquiries and felt he had to do a press conference.

I think he lost the baton and his sunglasses in a struggle myself. I don't think he even realized it until later.

We also gotta remember that he held her captive for three days in the van in winter. Early on, he might have lost or thrown away the purple fleece that she had been carrying/wearing that day, that's why the warrant mentioned it. But in the days that followed, she must have been cold lying in that van so, to keep her alive, Hilton dressed her in other victim's fleeces that he had lying around the van.

If it is true that he kept Jack Bryant's yellow coat and had the temerity to wear it (did he think he'd look like Jack Bryant at the ATM?), I wouldn't think he'd have thrown away the purple fleece, either. I mean, if he's got a kidnapped girl tied up in his van, why throw away the fleece? She's more evidence than the fleece would be.

But I totally agree with you about the blood in the van. It makes no sense that he'd decapitate her in the van. My guess is that the blood was from other things (not nice to think about, at all...) and that he hadn't realized that there was blood inside his van until he looked at the stuff later on.

Or was he really that confident that his van would never be searched? Until he heard about the newsflashes. Then he decided to clean out the van... (ok, bad memory again - the fleeces were NOT at the car wash, right? So he'd stopped and dumped stuff twice?)

This is such a very very sad story. The whole ordeal of Merdith Emerson at the hands of that evil SOB.

I did see a news report ( and I am trying to locate it so I can post it ) where the investigator was being interviewed by a reporter and he states that Meredith was murdered at the site where her remains were found.
He went on to state that he couldn't give any details of how they knew that, but they knew that as a fact in this case.

Glad to see this article said evidence linking GMH to the Bryants. When the sheriff said postive link I took it to mean evidence. We knew they already had links with the stolen car plate, the LE car videocam of him speaking with the agent in NC, we knew they had links..hoping it is something like a receipt from the ATM or an article of clothing belonging to one of the Bryants. Their family needs closure and to know where Mr Bryant's body is now.

Creepy, indeed!!! I hiked four states on the AT alone with my dog. It took me 1 month. I was extremely fortunate not to find this guy on my path. It occurred to me that from what we know at this point he targeted day-hikers. Perhaps he knew day-hikers hike with their guard down compared to through- hikers and most likely would be weaponless. We know he did not consider a dog or a companion to be sufficient protection.

I hope they can locate John Bryant, too. Right now, his is the only body missing in this case.

The other cases they are seriously considering they have the bodies, but no perp. (I wonder when they are going to dive into the cases where there are no bodies yet to find out if they are related to GHM. We know the probability exists that he is responsible for so many more.)

I know ya'll have seen the dash cam video from a Gerogia Sheriff's car.

Very chilling, and notice how " hyper " (THINK NERVOUS ) the monster acts!:mad:

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/15005616/detail.html

The date of this confrontation was 10/26/2007. 5 days after the death and disappearence of Irene and John Bryant!

I think LE should be seriously searching this area for poor John's body! And they well may be as I post this!
Who knows, Hilton could of had the poor man in the van at that time!:furious:

And I guess that the Sherrif here is also very frotunate he didn't become a victim as well!

I would most certainly be looking for Mr. Bryant's remains in and around where the dash cam video was recorded.

:(

It is my hope that she and all of his victims fought against him in some way.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janewiththedogs
Back