AZ AZ - Tempe, HispFem, UP1987, 15-19, hitchhiking, overdose, Apr'02

Kymistry35

It's never to late to be who you could have been
Reaction score
Website
bringushome.19.forumer.com
I thought I had a thread about this Jane Doe but can't find it.

Warning! Graphic Photo http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?U200500009S

Could this possibly be a match? Florinda Lopez
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...=en_US&orgPrefix=NCMC&caseNum=927449&seqNum=1

Looks real close. This is the girl Det. Lancaster mentioned to me the other day when I spoke with him about Tawni's info, as a possible next case for the Websleuths to tackle!:)

Florinda and this Jane Doe look a lot alike to me. Does it appear to you that the right nostril (facing the camera) is flatter on both Jane Doe and Florinda?

The unidentified young woman looks Native to me. All of northeast Arizona is Hopi and Navajo reservation. Seems like the best place to look to me.

Are the tribal police working on this case?

I am from Phoenix area. There are many areas, even just outside of Phoenix that are native American lands. There are also many illegal immigrants in the area. The area she was found is not too far from ASU. It sounds like she is a local to me JMO.

I am from Phoenix area. There are many areas, even just outside of Phoenix that are native American lands. There are also many illegal immigrants in the area. The area she was found is not too far from ASU. It sounds like she is a local to me JMO.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2008/04/29/20080429unidentified0429.html

The article says her mother kicked her out of the house for doing drugs. So I'm guessing we won't see a missing persons report on her, unless it's for a much later date.

How about sending flyers to the middle/high schools in the Phoenix area where she was picked up?

Back to Photoshop...

just playing around in Photoshop..

Attachments

• tempe5.jpg
    tempe5.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 335
  • tempe6.jpg
    tempe6.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 322
  • 02-1368_a.jpg
    02-1368_a.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 394
I've looked for this girl before without any luck. I feel if she was kicked out, her mother would not have filed a missing persons report. Maybe a sibling or other relative???

Let me just get this straight....the dude that picked her up took her to purchase drugs then got high with her. She OD'd and winds up laying in the street behind a business. Hmmmmm, did he put her there? And if he spent that much time with her, did she never mention her name? I'm not up on druggie etiquette, but I just cannot believe someone would get into a car with a stranger, tell him you've been kicked out of your home, go buy drugs, get high and never once offer - at least - her first name!

I think it would be helpful to know if she had mentioned WHEN she was kicked out. If it was just that day or within the past few days, I would bet she was from the area. JMO

One thing I noticed about the area she was picked up in - it has several mobile home parks nearby.

Alright.. another Phoenix one.. I guess I'll be diving head, hands, and feet first into it, eh? :p

I just cannot believe someone would get into a car with a stranger, tell him you've been kicked out of your home, go buy drugs, get high and never once offer - at least - her first name!

This is starting to sound familiar... :bang: :doh::banghead:

Alright.. another Phoenix one.. I guess I'll be diving head, hands, and feet first into it, eh? :p

Great! The more, the merrier! :clap:

I'm waiting for an answer to some questions I sent to one of the detectives .

With her having been picked up around 32nd Street and Greenway, claiming her mother kicked her out, chances are she didn't live too far away which would put her into the Paradise Valley School District. That's also providing she was kicked out that day and hadn't gotten too far from home yet.

Here are the boundary maps for that district:
http://cmweb.pvschools.net/siteweb/boundaryMaps.htm

I personally went to Vista Verde Middle for both 7th and 8th grades and North Canyon HS for my freshman year.

Found this. The article states they already checked local schools and found no matches, but I'm wondering if they checked Tempe schools or the schools around where she was initially picked up at.
The second case: A teenage girl's body was found behind a Tempe business after her mother reportedly kicked her out of their house. At first, police suspected foul play but ruled it out after questioning suspects and learning the girl overdosed on drugs.

Police believe she may have been a Phoenix resident but have been unable to officially identify her.

When and where: The girl died of a cocaine overdose in the 1800 block of East University Drive in Tempe behind a golf store. Her body was found at 5:40 a.m.

Summary

Police said the girl, who they believe was 17, was near hitchhiking near 32nd Street and Greenway Road in Phoenix when she was picked up by a man. The man told police he took her to Tempe, where she said she wanted to get tickets to a concert, police said.

But the girl changed her mind and asked the man if he could get her drugs and he did, police said.

The girl told the man she was kicked out of her house by her mother for drug abuse.

She used the cocaine and the man dropped her off. Her body was found the next day.

Sweig said police checked high schools and grade schools and found no matches.

The girl is described as Hispanic or American Indian, 16 to 19 years old, 5 feet tall, with dark hair and brown eyes. She had a scars on her left hand and left shoulder and wore a red halter top, blue pants and black slip-on dress shoes.

Sweig and others across the nation are using a Web site, www.theyaremissed.org, that profiles missing or unidentified people with a photo in hopes that someone will recognize the unidentified.
http://www.azcentral.com/specials/special14/articles/0106coldcase06.html

Well, I didn't want to mention it.......but it sure does!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back