17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like George hit the lottery with that website. Hope more people don't see this as a money making adventure and do copycat crimes. IMO

Couldn't say at that point? Huh?

He was under oath. If he gave an answer, like "No.", when he knew differently... That's perjury, no question about it.

I doubt if Mr. Gilbreath would be willing to commit perjury. It would depend on the question he was asked. He has nothing to gain by lying. Was there a question that he was asked that he had prior knowledge to and he answered No?? jmo

o/t
Absolutely, daughter is 27, before college in H.S. she was getting almost as many applications for cc as she was invites to colleges.

Bet no one from the CC company showed up and made your daughter sign up for them. I get more junk mail for this offer and that opportunity but that doesn't mean I fall for the pitch.

Personal responsibility, it's important.

Me too!!

Ya know... I never saw this type of reaction toward Diena Thomspon (Somer Thompson's mother) when she stood tall and strong and rallied for justice for her daughter.

Or Mark Lunsford - Jessica's father, who is still a tireless advocate for victim's rights.

Or Erin Runnion - Samantha's mother

Or Ed Smart...

I just don't get it. I don't understand how Trayvon and his parents are any different than these other warriors for justice (other than the obvious). It's just automatically assumed by some that he deserved what he got or didn't do enough to prevent his own murder, I guess. It makes me sick. Really sick.

JMO

Actually Suzi, think back to the early days of Somer's disappearance. There were a lot of people who were blaming Diena for what happened. Same thing with Mark Lunsford. The worst case I've ever witnessed was Steve Groene and the way he was treated. It was absolutely appalling. So I guess there are always going to be people who do things like this and I agree with you very much, it makes me really sick.

~Jmo~

Only if you believe he was targeted due to his age/race/gender.

GZ's call is clear evidence that TM was profiled due to his age and gender. I won't address the issue of race, although I think it's quite clear what happened.

I would be willing to bet that the NRA gave a sizable chunk of money to George Zimmerman.

LOL, since his website was not set up as a charitable foundation, he is going to have to pay taxes on those donations!

If O'Mara admits that 200,000 was collected, can GZ still declare indigent ?
Even though CA got about the same amount from ABC, the state of Fla. still paid :banghead:

LE was responsible for securing the scene before the SFD could be cleared to come in. At that point LE would have had to have given SFD an accurate address. Whereas LE was responding to many calls from different residences they would have given SFD an exact location once the area was secured. That is my understanding. jmo

I'm sure you're right. I don't doubt that SOMEBODY will be able to say for sure where TM's body lay.

I was only questioning whether we could know for sure from dispatchers who weren't at the scene, neighbors who all seem to give their own address to identify the entire building, and Tracy Martin, who only heard about the incident the following day.

Wonder if we will find out who the donors are?

Pretty funny George's wife did not know anything about that 200k. :floorlaugh: IMO
JMO/IMO
I've been married for many years. I think I have a good idea of what a couple might discuss in their situation...:wink: Do they really think we buy that they haven't chatted about GZ's personal website and the $$'s that it is raking in???. :floorlaugh:

If O'Mara admits that 200,000 was collected, can GZ still declare indigent ?
Even though CA got about the same amount from ABC, the state of Fla. still paid :banghead:

only after Baez and company squandered it all.

~jmo~

Thanks, also did some googling and see that there are cases where there are several lesser charges included.

So I suppose that it isn't necessarily all or nothing ( second degree or acquittal ) if this case does go to trial.

JMHO

I hope I was clear that it isn't automatic and it isn't a simple matter of the jury simply deciding to go for a lessor charge.

AFAIK lesser offenses have to be requested by one or both parties AND the judge has to agree that a reasonable view of the evidence supports each included offense.

Tonight on AC360: Zimmerman raised over $200,000 in website

George Zimmerman's lawyer, Mark O'Mara, tells Anderson Cooper exclusively that his client raised more than $200,000 through his website. Watch a preview and see the full interview at 8 and 10 p.m. ET on AC360°.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/...d-over-200000-in-website/?on.cnn=1&hpt=ac_mid

Goody goody, another day and another interview with Mr. O'Mara. What happened to him not trying this case in the media?

~jmo~

JMO/IMO
I've been married for many years. I think I have a good idea of what a couple might discuss in their situation...:wink: Do they really think we buy that they haven't chatted about GZ's personal website and the $$'s that it is raking in???. :floorlaugh:
Talking on the phone every day.

IMO IMO IMO
Murder for Donation Money and Publicity Rights Pay Outs

Seems to be the latest way to make a living without having to work...

Now, that might be the motivation right there...maybe someone is taking a lesson from the other high profile Florida defendant. Maybe others have and will follow this example.

It's possible that the life-long do-gooder, with a chip on his shoulder, no power, prospects or income to speak of could believe that he could:

Kill three birds with one stone

Show the cops who is a better crime fighter and become a community hero

Slow the spread of crime in the community by taking out a perceived bad guy. All while having a crappy law to back you up
Bonus, if charged,
Make more money than you ever could have imagined...

The only flaw was that TM was not a criminal and the unexpected happened...people turned on him and accused him of the exact opposite than what he wants people to believe.

I don't see the clarity you mention. The officer first says he "began to canvas the area". That could not be vaguer: we have no way of knowing how long he "canvassed" or how far he walked before finding the body. We only know from his account that the body was found between two buildings, each of which contains numerous residences and is rather long.

Yes, two addresses are mentioned, but as we've all noted, nearly everyone who called 911 gave his individual unit's address. In the rush of the moment, nobody seems to be giving a precise GPS location of the body. The dispatcher is merely repeating two addresses she heard from two different callers. I don't see how that proves the body was lying in an invisible trapezoid drawn between those two units.

Don't get me wrong: I hope you're right and the body was indeed far from where the sidewalks met. Because that will disprove--definitively in my mind--GZ's story about crossing the green to check the address and then returning to his car.

"We only know from his account that the body was found between two buildings"? That's what you read from the report?

Obviously you can consider or not consider this as the body location. It's simply what I thought the the SPD and SFD say.

As to your being concerned with his term of "canvasing the area", let me remind you of two things. According to SPD Event Report #20120571656 for 2/26/2012, Officer Smith arrived on scene at 19:17:11 or 7:17:11 pm. He parked his squad car in front of 2821 Retreat View, which is +/- 150' from where I'm showing the body.

I don't know either what he means by "canvas" the area, but something we do know is that according to the same ER, Officer Ayala arrived 2 minutes and 41 seconds later at 19:19:52 or 7:19:52 pm. Since both Officer Smith and Officer Ayala's narratives say Zimmerman was secured when Ayala arrived, that means in 2 minutes and 41 seconds, Officer Smith not only completed his ill defined "canvas" of the area, but he secured the suspect and removed his gun as well.

How long did it take to secure Zimmerman? I don't know, but it surely didn't leave much time for any lengthy walk or "canvas".

If the body wasn't more accessible off of Retreat View, why was Officer Smith AND SFD Unit #38 directed to that street and address? If the body was anywhere near "John's" unit or the intersection of the sidewalks, why wouldn't all units have been directed to respond to Twin Trees at the "cut through" where GZ's truck was parked?

I hope I was clear that it isn't automatic and it isn't a simple matter of the jury simply deciding to go for a lessor charge.

AFAIK lesser offenses have to be requested by one or both parties AND the judge has to agree that a reasonable view of the evidence supports each included offense.

Oh no, I understood what you meant, you were perfectly clear :)

I never thought it would be automatic or that a jury can just take something like that upon themselves. I was just wondering about the possiblity of lesser charges, with all of the discussion about proving second degree, it made me wonder about lesser charges.

I would be willing to bet that the NRA gave a sizable chunk of money to George Zimmerman.

And if they did then maybe they can hire him and SZ to do some cold call surveys and other telecommuting admin work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member