Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

LambChop

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue posting here.

The Anthony case does not live here. There is another thread if you wish to discuss the Anthony's.

Here it is off topic. :tos:

Seriously, though folks, on the last thread someone asked about a juror having connections with the Arias family.

According to Jeff Gold, this juror's family knew the Arias family from California. She was the juror who approached Beth Karas, asked if she was Nancy Grace, caused a hearing to take place, and was dismissed from the jury quite early on. Definitely NOT Juror #17.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCdMTRzeXrI

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Arizona Prisons Commissary List
ADOC.com

:seeya: Wow ... a front row seat :great: !

Anyway ... reposting what I think is the "news" of the day:

From Sheriff Joe's Twitter:

Joe Arpaio @RealSheriffJoe · 5h 5 hours ago

Can't stop #jodiarias visits but we are watching and listening to every word.

I think I am going to put Sheriff Joe on the "Twitter speed dial" !

And IF anybody is going to get to the bottom of JA's shenanigans, it is Sheriff Joe ... he's had to put up with her for almost 7 years now !

:great: :great: :great:

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Does anyone know how one can delete an account from this website? TIA

You could pm a mod and ask how to do it. Or click on the exclamation mark at the bottom of your post to alert them to it ( I think. Not actually on a computer right now so going off memory. ) hth

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk 2

:seeya: Wow ... a front row seat :great: !

Anyway ... reposting what I think is the "news" of the day:

From Sheriff Joe's Twitter:

Joe Arpaio @RealSheriffJoe · 5h 5 hours ago

Can't stop #jodiarias visits but we are watching and listening to every word.

I think I am going to put Sheriff Joe on the "Twitter speed dial" !

And IF anybody is going to get to the bottom of JA's shenanigans, it is Sheriff Joe ... he's had to put up with her for almost 7 years now !

:great: :great: :great:

:happydance::happydance::happydance:
I hope he makes the remainder of her stay miserable. Moo

As a couple of post on the last thread indicated, I've also decided long ago to leave this avatar until she is FINALLY sentenced. It's been so long, I think I'll have to re-find instructions on how to change it. I'm not joking. I don't even remember how. .. sad commentary on our justice system.

As a couple of post on the last thread indicated, I've also decided long ago to leave this avatar until she is FINALLY sentenced. It's been so long, I think I'll have to re-find instructions on how to change it. I'm not joking. I don't even remember how. .. sad commentary on our justice system.

I feel ya. I put the quote from Billie Dunn in my signature, and promised to leave it there until someone is arrested for Haley's murder. And I think it will remain there for quite awhile, sadly enough.

Ever wonder why Jodi lies so much? I think this is a good article and wanted to share it with everyone.

The Odd Truth About “Pathological” Lying
By Dr. George Simon, PhD | 9 March 2015
http://counsellingresource.com/features/2015/03/09/pathological-lying/

"So the truth about what sometimes seems to be senseless, irrational or “pathological” lying is that there’s actually a purpose to it, and the purpose is almost always the same: to maintain a position of advantage. Disturbed and disordered characters don’t like a level playing field. Whenever they engage, they want to have the advantage. If you don’t know who they really are, what’s really going on with them, what they’re really up to, how they really feel about something, what they really want, etc., then you’re automatically in a one-down position, and that’s just the way they like it."

This part is relevant to this case. Travis figured this out, but it was too late. He wasted his honesty on Jodi.

"The one thing they never considered is that there are some people who by nature simply won’t permit themselves the vulnerability essential to an equal partnership. Right from the beginning, it was all about position and impression management for them, scoping out opportunities, exploiting weaknesses and vulnerabilities, and looking for advantage."

Just seen those photos of her in Twitter. She really does look like a fruit loop.

I posted a week or two ago about being able to video chat for $5 per session from estrella but didn't think she'd have been eligible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This part is relevant to this case. Travis figured this out, but it was too late. He wasted his honesty on Jodi.

"The one thing they never considered is that there are some people who by nature simply won’t permit themselves the vulnerability essential to an equal partnership. Right from the beginning, it was all about position and impression management for them, scoping out opportunities, exploiting weaknesses and vulnerabilities, and looking for advantage."

And when she had irrevocably lost the advantage to Travis, in that he saw the real Jodi - and would not hesitate to warn others away because of his honest and caring nature - she eliminated him, and the risk to herself that he represented - without feeling the least amount of guilt or remorse afterwards. Her carefree behavior after the murder was not an act, as in masking remorse or guilt; she genuinely and literally felt none. She had eliminated a risk to herself, and in her mind, that was all the justification she needed, and not a reason to feel guilty or remorseful.

I don't know if the letter she sent to the family was designed to hurt them, she may have just been too insensitive to that type of feeling to understand that it would, but it was most definitely designed to divert attention away from herself for the murder.

Regarding her hostility towards the Alexander's, expressed in Tweets blaming them for destroying his reputation, dragging him through his own blood,etc. first, keep in mind that this whole abuse story never entered her mind until two years after she was arrested. The reason she latched onto it in the first place is because it's the one strategy that gave her any kind of advantage in the situation she found herself in by that time. When she was claiming she wasn't there, and then that the Ninja's did it, there was no mention of an abusive Travis, in fact she was all praise for him, and since that was the truth, by attaching her story to it, it lent credence to her entire lie, but when all of that didn't work, she again stepped away from responsibility in the only way available; she did it, but in self-defense, he was abusive, so she needed to defend herself.

Back to why she's sending hurtful messages about the Alexander's. First, it supports her whole abuse lie, but more importantly in her mind they are trying to hurt her, and she can't permit herself not to gain the advantage by hurting them even more. Never mind that the way they are trying to hurt her is by insisting she take responsibility for her actions, or insisting that the truth is other than her lie (which it is). The truth of it is meaningless to her, being in the dominant position, being believed over all others, is the only thing important to her, and she will attack anything that threatens that position, not that she actually holds that position in anything other than her own mind, and in those who choose to pretend along with her.

Regarding her hostility towards the Alexander's, expressed in Tweets blaming them for destroying his reputation, dragging him through his own blood,etc. first, keep in mind that this whole abuse story never entered her mind until two years after she was arrested. The reason she latched onto it in the first place is because it's the one strategy that gave her any kind of advantage in the situation she found herself in by that time. When she was claiming she wasn't there, and then that the Ninja's did it, there was no mention of an abusive Travis, in fact she was all praise for him, and since that was the truth, by attaching her story to it, it lent credence to her entire lie, but when all of that didn't work, she again stepped away from responsibility in the only way available; she did it, but in self-defense, he was abusive, so she needed to defend herself.

Back to why she's sending hurtful messages about the Alexander's. First, it supports her whole abuse lie, but more importantly in her mind they are trying to hurt her, and she can't permit herself not to gain the advantage by hurting them even more. Never mind that the way they are trying to hurt her is by insisting she take responsibility for her actions, or insisting that the truth is other than her lie (which it is). The truth of it is meaningless to her, being in the dominant position, being believed over all others, is the only thing important to her, and she will attack anything that threatens that position, not that she actually holds that position in anything other than her own mind, and in those who choose to pretend along with her.

Totally Agree.

It amazes me how she even gets to where she believes her own lies.

Whenever there is any doubt about the abuse claims, I think back to where Jodi in her own words to Travis stated how Travis has been so nice to her. How she didnt deserve all his kindness. And then Travis confirms also in other emails as he questions why she is so mean to him after all the good things he did for her.

Its mind boggling how Jodi can twist things so much. She is good at twisting stuff up.

I have to wonder if she just laughs to herself as she throws out the outrageous lies and manipulation. She gets some sort of sick enjoyment out of it.
Which further proves her lack of remorse in anything.

Most people could not live with themselves without righting a wrong as bad as this. But Jodi just continues on with no thought or care in the world to the damage she has caused with all her lies. She doesnt care and has no remorse about it.

Which is another bizarre aspect. She doesnt care what she does to people but yet she wants other people to care about her and her situation. Oh, the irony of it all.

In regards to the abuse BS I agree 100% She pulled it out of thin air as a way to try and save her butt. It also gave her an imaginary platform for her to get up on and be the symbol of abuse. Not only did she get to trash Travis with the story, but she also got to try and become a beacon of hope for all abuse victims(in her own mind) What she really did was cause a lot of damage to the cause of DV and abuse in general. But in her own mind she is a star.

Trying to hurt Travis's family goes back to even before the abuse story came out. Personally, I think her motivation there is more personal. She wants to hurt them, and has wanted to hurt them since the beginning because in her mind they are an extension of Travis. In the letter to Travis's grandmother, while still telling the ninja story, she took digs at Travis. Travis hurt her, and therefore everything Travis ever loved or cared about is fair game in Jodi's twisted mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627