Found Alive CA - Bethnee Haury, 56, Woodside, 9 Mar 2017

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Bethnee Haury was last seen at about 4 p.m. on Skyline Boulevard.

Search teams are looking for Haury in the Kings Mountain area of unincorporated San Mateo County, according to sheriff’s officials.

Haury is 56 years old, 5 feet 5 inches tall, about 140 pounds with red hair and blue eyes.

Haury, her husband and son, who are Bay Area residents, were staying at a bed and breakfast when Haury left and went on a hike at about 1:30 p.m. Thursday.

The family had been traveling on vacation.

She went with her brown and white Aussie or Australian Shepherd.

Haury suffers from dementia and is dependent on insulin.

A resident or business owner in the area said they saw Haury and her dog at about 4 p.m. and she looked okay.

bethnee_haury_031017.jpg

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...ry-woodside-kings-mountain-skyline-boulevard/

http://abc7news.com/news/search-underway-for-missing-woodside-woman/1795574/

How daunting if she is somewhere in those woods. The area is so thick and heavily wooded that it seems helicopters won't be helpful in searching for her. I'm sure the husband is severely regretting letting her go walking alone (well, with her dog, that is) seeing how she has dementia.

I am reminded of a couple other recent cases. There's another woman who is around the same age with early onset Alzheimer's Disease who is missing named Nancy Paulikas. In that case, the husband left her unattended for a short time and she wandered off from a museum in L.A.. Then there's a case of a TX woman who wandered off from her dh at a flea market as he stopped to look at some boots for sale. He turned around and she was gone. She also is said to have Alzheimer's at 69.

Sigh, thinking about it more, with that TX case I guess that goes to show how even if Bethnee's husband had been right there with Bethnee it can still happen (that she can wander off unseen).

Bethnee has her dog with her, so if she makes it to an area where there are other people she may be more memorable. I think it would be helpful to include a picture of her with her dog in the news reports and missing posters, if they have one, or at least a picture of a similar dog. Not everyone might know what a Australian Shepherd looks like.

My good friend lives in Woodside! Definitely heavily wooded area... I get lost just driving there!

Thank you for the link.

If she has known dementia, why was she allowed to go out hiking alone? I hope they find her today.

If she has known dementia, why was she allowed to go out hiking alone? I hope they find her today.

I was thinking that too, particularly in presumably a relatively unknown area.

So glad she was found safe

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back