Oprah

If I were American I would just want someone with compassion and integrity as president. Celebrity or career politician, it makes no difference.

If you know anybody like that let us know.

In the past. I would have agreed with you. The last year has lead me to value experience in governing and a track record of service.

jmo

So you are saying compassion and integrity are not prerequisites for for the biggest leadership position on the planet?

What direction are you hoping this planet to go in exactly?

So you are saying compassion and integrity are not prerequisites for for the biggest leadership position on the planet?

What direction are you hoping this planet to go in exactly?

Please don't argue with me. That is hardly what I implied.

Please don't argue with me. That is hardly what I implied.

I am not arguing with you whatsoever. I asked you a question after YOU disagreed with ME when I placed a high value on integrity and compassion with regards to a leadership position at the level of POTUS.

I am not arguing with you whatsoever. I asked you a question after YOU disagreed with ME when I placed a high value on integrity and compassion with regards to a leadership position at the level of POTUS.

Okay. I can see we are each interpreting the flow of conversation differently.

Okay. I can see we are each interpreting the flow of conversation differently.

So what you are saying is that you don't think a celebrity can get the job done? Not that compassion and integrity are not important?

So what you are saying is that you don't think a celebrity can get the job done? Not that compassion and integrity are not important?

It takes much more than just compassion and integrity. That is my opinion.
Definately two good traits but not enough.
Oprah would be the last person I would want to see running for president and she should stick to television. Nothing against her at all and have watced many Oprah shows but not for Commander in Chief. No.

If I were American I would just want someone with compassion and integrity as president. Celebrity or career politician, it makes no difference.

I want more than a feel good fuzzy wuzzy person for POTUS. Having compassion and integrity is nice but not enough to lead the most powerful country in the world. JMO

I want more than a feel good fuzzy wuzzy person for POTUS. Having compassion and integrity is nice but not enough to lead the most powerful country in the world. JMO

Compassion is good, but integrity is more important, IMO. However, along with compassion and integrity, our President should also have brains and understand how the system works without being a part of it. He should also have a lot of money so he won't be tempted to feather his own nest through his position of power.

:cow:

Compassion is good, but integrity is more important, IMO. However, along with compassion and integrity, our President should also have brains and understand how the system works without being a part of it. He should also have a lot of money so he won't be tempted to feather his own nest through his position of power.

:cow:

The president should also not have a son-in-law that's one billion dollars in debt and has a role of senior adviser to the president. The wall - think about it.

What I said about compassion and integrity was by no means meant to be an exhaustive list of qualities I would like to see in a leader. However, they are essential. They are the foundation from which a good leader builds upon. The current POTUS couldn't spell compassion or integrity. Also, from my experience those two qualities are a rarity in any career politician type, at least at that level, as I know there are some good solid people who work in politics at the lower/local levels.

It seems to be the manipulative psychopaths who rise to the top these days.

There are only two ways to influence human behaviour as a leader. You can either manipulate or you can inspire. You do not want another manipulator.

Oprah: ‘I don’t have the DNA’ for a presidential bid
Associated Press

Atlanta – Before her iconic Golden Globes speech sparked a new presidential push on social media, Oprah Winfrey declared that she’s not interested in a White House bid.

The billionaire media mogul says in a newly published interview that she’s aware of the clamoring among Democrats and liberals looking to counter President Donald Trump, a wealthy real estate titan who parlayed his reality TV career into the presidency.

“I’ve always felt very secure and confident with myself in knowing what I could do and what I could not,” Winfrey told InStyle magazine. “And so it’s not something that interests me. I don’t have the DNA for it.” ...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2018/01/25/oprah-president/109800776/

Oprah Winfrey Confirms She Will Not Run for President: "I Don't Have the DNA for It"

Oprah Winfrey is having a serious moment right now...

Oprah's latest glossy cover comes weeks after a speech she made at the 2018 Golden Globes had many calling for a 2020 presidential run. And while BFF Gayle King described the 63-year-old as "intrigued" by the idea of a shot at the White House, Oprah has kept mum on any potential aspirations—until now.

"I've always felt very secure and confident with myself in knowing what I could do and what I could not. And so it's not something that interests me," she says. "I don't have the DNA for it." ...

https://my.xfinity.com/articles/ent...nfrey-Confir-abba?cid=featuredent_media_oprah

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back