Lisa Stebic-Plainfield, IL mother of 2 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
OhMyGosh Lisa, I never thought him meeting his dad 1/2 way! Remember Janet March. After her husband murdered her, his dad helped him get rid of the body! The dad finally admitted it, but 10 years later and couldn't remember exactly where she was placed.

Let's hope LE gets some type of evidence soon on this case so it doesn't go on for as long as Janet's case. It took 10 years for justice for Janet,......please don't let that happen here.

JMHO
fran

Fran,

Read my earlier post on this thread, at the end of page one. I think that he may have even told his dad that he accidentally did it in a fit of rage. Perhaps he told his dad that nobody would ever believe it was an accident so he needed his help in getting rid of the body. That would explain why his dad used Lisa's name in the past tense during an interview. He also plays way too dumb, stating he only gets news when he hears people talk about it. Give me a break...if this happens in your family, you are going to be searching every angle to get all the information available. Dumb like a fox!

Fran & JP76ER,

I'm also thinking he strangled her. I agree that gunshots would have been too noticeable in that neighborhood and at that time of the day. Someone surely would have had recollection of hearing "fireworks". And gunshots would have been too messy - remember the kids were around at this time.

Thanks for that article Taximom. :)

It sure clears up the confusion about the arrest of Craig over the gun charges and his father. The first story we learned about with the weapons near a school was in Illinois and the incident with his father was an altogether different one. Looks like the media went to Michigan for this.

Closeobserver, I can completely identify with the scenario you posted. When I first read it I was reminded of my own situation with my ex and his father and siblings. I can clearly see Craig whining it was an accident and he didn't mean it. What about the kids, etc? Even if the father played no part in helping Craig after the fact imo he isn't gonna go to LE with anything he might know that would link Craig to Lisa's disappearance. Joe Stebic has already stated in an interview that he was told Lisa was caught up in that internet stuff and he thinks that's what happened. Where'd he get that idea?

Hi Strach,

Sorry if their is any confusion on that one. The deer season with a bow runs from October until January here in Illinois. I would assume any other game's season would open November & run until January. No matter what he was using, he admits it & the blood turns out to be rabbit blood, he's facing numerous violations from the Illinois DNR. The poaching would have kicked off that part of the investigation. It's a glaring DNR game violation & it came from CS when the discussion of Lisa's blood being on a tarp carried in his truck. Seemed to me he is thin ice now & knows it. He slipped a little that we know of with the rabbit hunt story. I''m sure there is more that is not being released that LE has in it's possession.

I'm waiting for him to come up with a prospector game hunt that you pay for. I know that there a lot of laws they must abide by with close inspection by the government, vetrinarians & the Dept. of Health. Not sure if there any nearby where he can claimed he hunted there. Problem with that; they check your FOID, hunting license & hunters safety course number. So if he claims it, it can be verified quickly.

JP76ER
JMHO

Thanks for that article Taximom. :)
(snipped)

Hi Strach! :) I think the article you mentioned was posted by Lisa Too. (Thanks, Lisa!)

I just watched the video from the other link posted by close. It's quite interesting how something from 12 yrs ago can be remembered so clearly by that policeman. I can only wonder what things Craig might have said or done to Lisa, and probably the children, that left the same scary impression on them. Hopefully the children will talk eventually about what they've experienced.

It just STINKS that these men get away with these obvious crimes. :razz: I know, it'll catch up with them someday....

Records indicate Craig Stebic also was arrested two other times in Iron County, Mich. In November 2004, he pleaded guilty and paid a $189 fine for using another person's kill to tag a big-game animal. And in 1996 he paid an $80 fine for being caught with two undersized bass

JP76ER, did you notice this part in todays report? The incidents in Michigan and Illinois aren't the only ones and these are more recent. I also noticed that they investigated Craig and his father for a year. I doubt if they would run such a lengthy and costly investigation if they thought it wasn't warranted.

What does the part about him tagging someone else's kill mean? What kind of market and money are involved with selling poached animals, any idea?

IMHO, Craig has no respect for the law and I don't believe he had any special permits to hunt. In looking at one of the posted articles, he's even been sighted for having under-size fish. Every fisherman knows he MUST keep track of the size, whether it's a fish or a crab or whatever. Their are rules to abide by, but it seems Craig thinks they don't apply to him.

IMHO, Craig and his father are the ones not telling the truth here. Looks like Craig's days as a free man could be numbered. :behindbar

Wonder what other little bits of news are going to be coming out about Craig?:bang:

Lisa Too, you may be right in that he didn't use a gun but may have strangled her. WHICH would mean it wasn't a crime of passion or without forethought. It takes several minutes to strangle someone. It's considered premeditated murder even if it's one minute before the crime. There's plenty of motive here too,.............especially since Lisa had just sent the papers to the attorney to have him be evicted.

closeobserver, you may be right, IMO. I believe Craig inherited his tendancies to be a bully and self-centered from his dad. So, his dad sticking up for him, even knowing the TRUTH (or Craig's version), wouldn't at all surprise me.

JMHO
fran

Records indicate Craig Stebic also was arrested two other times in Iron County, Mich. In November 2004, he pleaded guilty and paid a $189 fine for using another person's kill to tag a big-game animal. And in 1996 he paid an $80 fine for being caught with two undersized bass

JP76ER, did you notice this part in todays report? The incidents in Michigan and Illinois aren't the only ones and these are more recent. I also noticed that they investigated Craig and his father for a year. I doubt if they would run such a lengthy and costly investigation if they thought it wasn't warranted.

What does the part about him tagging someone else's kill mean? What kind of market and money are involved with selling poached animals, any idea?

I dont think it has anything to do with $$--- I think it isall about HIM...and that he will do whatever he wants....whenever he wants--:mad:

Ok, so I didn't have to call my brother the info was online. Bow season in MD. runs from the first week in Sept. to January. It looks like the limits are a lot greater for bow hunters as well so that must be what I remembered.

Push comes to shove though any kind of hunting won't explain Lisa's blood. :)

[/U][/B]

I dont think it has anything to do with $$--- I think it isall about HIM...and that he will do whatever he wants....whenever he wants--:mad:

That and Fran's comments apply to Craig and his father. I was wondering about the money angle because of LE spending a year to investigate them. Now that we know his father was involved in this illegal activity it's a logical conclusion that he may be the teacher.

Quite a few years ago there was a big problem with poachers for rockfish in the chesapeake bay area. Let me tell you, MD. gladly took a man's 25,000 boat and his vehicle.

I hope they are looking at all the male relatives and close associates in this case.

Reading all this about CS makes me think and agree with those that have said he thinks he's above the law. He seems to think he can poach game, take fish that are too small to keep and even intimidate LE to the point that, 12 years later, the officer still remembers that encounter, saying it was one of the few times in his career that he actually drew his gun! After all, we're talking the north woods of the UP Mich, not the slums of Chicago! I'm feeling very uneasy that there is a cold-blooded killer out there, and he lives among us. I simply don't buy the idea that he could have possibly covered his tracks that well.

And yes, I really do think that his father was in on it! Going back to the incident 12 years ago, what father in his right mind would let his son stand armed against a police officer? Even if the son pulled the shotgun on the officer of his own volition, don't you think the father should have intervened and told his son to drop the shotgun?

I think this is a case where the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

You are only allowed a certain number of "kills" and are given tags to this end to keep track. Using someone else's tag would simply mean they gave you their tag so you can get around the law. Yes, it is illegal, too.

It isn't really about big money with poaching, IMO. They stand to make a couple of hundred (?) or so on the meat with a large buck (altho if this went on for years...who knows?! Could amount to thousands of dollars!), but I think it is the hunt and kill that interests them.

I lived in a huge hunting community growing up and poaching was common every season. The real hunters deplored them, but it still happened. The story I always heard was that its "all about the thrill of the kill" for poachers because many times they left the meat behind.

OT, but not really.

Over twenty years ago we lived in a small town in Oregon. By 'small town,' I mean 1000 people. It was a tourist area so during the summer months we had heavy volume of people, but things slowed down during the fall and winter months.

Anyway, they took their hunting season seriously. Oh, we knew couples who would get two tags, one in the wife's name and one for the husband, but they honestly needed the meat for their 'years supply of meat.' These were honest, hardworking people who didn't have a lot of money, loggers for the most part. They definitely lived on a limited budget.

But then there was this one guy who came into town with a wife and a brew of kids. Transplanted from a big city, he was a 'former' police officer. Oh, we felt sorry for him, he'd lost one of his legs in the line of duty. That is, we felt sorry for him until he was caught, in the dead of night, poaching 6, that's SIX, beautifully HUGE elk and leaving them along the side of the road. It was all about the kill.

Craig reminds me of this guy. It's all about him and satisfying some sadistic part of him, IMHO.

Those poor children. They need to get away from him. I DON'T think he's the type of person who should be raising children.

Just my 'gut feeling,' of course, but it's like you can see the handwriting on the wall.:(

JMHO
fran

When are they going to get enough evidence to at least take the kids in for questioning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress