POI * Serial Killer?

MeoW333 - I agree that the murders are not a dealer killing customers. The drug/prostitution angle is what made the girls vulnerable to the killer. Although it is stated that ALL of the girls were known to use drugs, trade sex for drugs and were all found to have both alcohol and cocaine in their bodies, I think they have been painted with a rather large brush and I don't think the allegations are necessarily true for all of the victims. But, I don't have any facts to dispute the allegations either.

By labeling them as drug using prostitutes they are diminished as human beings worthy of justice. All of these girls had families who loved them, some had children and they were important in someone's life. They deserve more attention. That is why I got interested and why I respond to every post to keep this forum moving.

There is a serial killer on the loose and he is getting away with killing young vulnerable women in Jennings.

This could simply be a rumor because the police are hush/hush about many things.

Supposedly, DNA was found on last victim (Brittany). I heard that LE was getting close to an arrest, possibly because of DNA results and then..........nothing, no arrest, no talk about DNA. So if this is true, I'm wondering if the results did not match possible suspects or anyone in database?

mysterygirl - Do you know if DNA was found on any of the other girls?

I feel so sorry for these girls and their families.

No, I do not believe so.......water destoyed evidence on some and length of time etc..

I had never heard of these murders before and stubled upon this forum one day. I am serious - 7 young women in what, 3 1/2 years? It's makes my skin crawl. I haven't gotten through all the posts yet, but it seems the Sheriff is getting assistance from the FBI and other agencies.

Oh. I just had a thought. Back later.

HOLY MOLY. I just checked the available info of dates the girls were last seen or when they were found. It hit me like a brick. I looked at a map.

Maybe this is a college kid from Lake Charles! He passes through Jennings, half way to Lafayette every time he goes back and forth. Stops for fast food, maybe some pot. It's been 3 1/2 years and he is would be about to graduate from USL. The dates seem to coordinate with semesters to me.

The lapse between 5/05 and 3/07 would be Katrina/Rita related. Car trashed? Evacuated? Semesters off?

March '07. Easter? Spring break? Mardi Gras?

Then May 07.
Then May 08.

Coming home from school? Mother's day? End of semester?

Then 8/27.
On the way to school?

Then Nov. 1, 08. Halloween was day before. It is All Saints Day. Is it also Mid-terms?

Maybe there was a big Halloween party somewhere at home in Lake Charles or a long weekend from school?

Or maybe it is a trucker or the baker, I don't know.

I just had to think it through.

Thanks for listening.

Trying to think out of the box and using what we know to find a clue.

My husband is from Jennings. After the second body was found, I said..serial killer and everyone laughed. Now 7 bodies later.......

Just something I was thinking of.....the route between the dollar store and Brittany's destination (last vic.) was not a long one as I recall. Everyone was thinking that she got into a car (though scared, so she had to feel OK around person) and yet no one saw anything, suspicious car....What if she went to a house on that walk. Then no car would have even been seen picking her up...I wonder if law enforcement has checked all addresses from point a to point b....someone might stick out with criminal history, known assoc. etc....

Darn excellent Sleuthin' there Mysterygirl ;}

I had never heard of these murders before and stubled upon this forum one day. I am serious - 7 young women in what, 3 1/2 years? It's makes my skin crawl. I haven't gotten through all the posts yet, but it seems the Sheriff is getting assistance from the FBI and other agencies.

Oh. I just had a thought. Back later.

I think I remember this case! Were all these girls prostitutes and found quite close to each other in a canal that was close to or within walking distance of the buildings in the town? I'll have to go look at the original postings. I would be glad to sleuth with you on this case, of course don't know if I would be any help. ;}

You are a great sleuth scandi! I've read your intelligent posts on other threads. Everyone's input is helpful.

I just stumbled on this forum a few days ago myself and have been reading through to catch up. This is my first post. I'd like to sleuth this case with all of you as well!

You are a great sleuth scandi! I've read your intelligent posts on other threads. Everyone's input is helpful.

I just stumbled on this forum a few days ago myself and have been reading through to catch up. This is my first post. I'd like to sleuth this case with all of you as well!

Neatp and it's great to see you Waltzingmatilda! I'm going to go read a bit to bone up. xox

WalzingMatilda and Scandi! So great to see you here!

Scandi - there are allegations (from LE) that the girls traded sex for drugs, abused drugs and alcohol and that cocaine and alcohol were in their bodies at autospy. As I stated earlier this paints all the girls with a rather broad brush and may or may not apply to all or any of the girls for all I know. And, I call them girls because to me they are all so young. It is not meant to diminish them as women in any way.

3 of the girls were found floating in canals, the others were found on land. 5 were found in close proximity to one another, 2 were much farther away than the suspected dump area. There are maps in the "Maps, Photos,. . " and "Information" threads.

Yes it could be a college boy from Lake Charles (where I live) but I doubt it.

Whoever it is, runs in the same circle with these girls---who all knew each other. They feel somewhat comfortable with him. Rumors of LE involvement have been prevalent. Perhaps it is some kind of narc. ( give police info. but still involved in drugs, so somewhat protected)...

Regarding the lapse in time, many theories have surfaced. Jail, offshore work, military, relocated etc....

Location of the bodies says that someone is very familiar with the area. I saw it as a taunt that one body was dumped on the way to the police shooting range. Locals living around these dump sites have noticed suspicious cars in the area....they suspected drug deals on these remote country roads. They said police did little about it.

What is shocking to me is the size of this town...no greater than 7500....that's a lot of bodies for such a small town.

The task force meets at a particular location.....and many times, even late, there is a bevy of activity/many cars when I pass by....

Mysterygirl - well, it was a brain cramp I was having because I know nothing of what is going on in Jennings.

7,500 people? Maybe they should ask all the men in Jennings to submit to a DNA swab to rule them out, since there was DNA (allegedly) found on Brittany. It worked in England. Start with LE and all the politicians, Lawyers, doctors, businessmen - civic duty an all that - a show of interest in getting the cases solved and Jennings residents cleared. The ones that do not show up, get the DNA surreptitously and check them first.

Yeah, I know - too expensive and no one will cooperate.

LOL DotEyes,..........no, you didn't have a brain cramp...it is helpful to talk about scenarios! I actually have pondered the DNA thing buy you're right, too costly........heck they didn't even want to admit to "serial killer".

I have a feeling that whoever it is could avoid the DNA testing anyway, moves in and out of town too much? Houston to New Orleans I10 is a big drug corridor for running drugs...maybe involved in that.

I had no idea that this was a drug corridor. All I know is I hate driving that stretch of I-10 - Houston to New Orleans because it is chock full of zooming 18 wheelers, pot holes, detours, poor lane markings and is always in a state of deconstruction/reconstruction. It is a white knuckle drive and makes me nervous!

I don't think we are looking at a big rig driver. The 18 wheeler wouldn't be able to get to the dump sites without everyone noticing. Same for LE, everyone knows the cars/people and would have noticed a connection of some sort. I can't see the logic in a drug dealer killing his clients nor a pimp killing his "stable".

Something connects these girls to one another other than drugs, prostitution or residence. It is almost as if he waited for Brittany to return to Jennings and he killed her best friend and her cousin. It isn't a coincidence that these 3 are connected to one another.

No I don't think we are looking at a truck driver either but I do think it is possible that the killer moves in and out of town a lot.....maybe that is why there was a gap in the killing.

I definitely feel that Brittany was killed because she knew something, maybe she didn't even know that she knew something (make sense?) but the killer was paranoid.

It is no accident that that they knew each other..some even dated within the same family/had children ....much of this had to do with interracial matters also. Not trying to make a race thing but it is just fact. That could somehow play into the cause of death...the black victims seemed to die in a more brutal fashion (slit throat) as opposed to some of the white victims.

Has anyone looked into possible connections through high schools? I know the jobs have been looked into but maybe if they all went to the same high school... Since most of them are teens and in their early 20s it would be possible that a link could be established that way.

I had no idea that this was a drug corridor. All I know is I hate driving that stretch of I-10 - Houston to New Orleans because it is chock full of zooming 18 wheelers, pot holes, detours, poor lane markings and is always in a state of deconstruction/reconstruction. It is a white knuckle drive and makes me nervous!

Oh you are so right. That drive from Baton Rouge to Lake Charles and back always makes me nervous. I hate it. Plus people from Louisiana drive like a bat out of you-know-where anyway.

I'm thinking the killer was definitely born and raised in the vacinity of Jennings and that he doesn't necessarily live there now. Maybe Lake Charles, Alexandria or Lafayette. But I also think his job takes him to many cities in South Louisiana. A deliveryman or a salesman possibly?

Food for thought. Most Sk's first kills/dumps are close to their own home. So, yes, I agree that the guy was likely born and raised in Jennings.

Has anyone looked into possible connections through high schools? I know the jobs have been looked into but maybe if they all went to the same high school... Since most of them are teens and in their early 20s it would be possible that a link could be established that way.

This isn't a town that has several schools. I'm betting there is only one high school.

There is only one high school and I don't know that most of these girls finished or went?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back