Psychological and geographical profile

If we are considering private airports as having a roll in these murders, I wouldn't be looking for a "pilot serial killer". My mind would immediately go to the idea that drugs were being brought to the area by private plane, and these girls were murdered for the cargo.

But that's just me.

If we are considering private airports as having a roll in these murders, I wouldn't be looking for a "pilot serial killer". My mind would immediately go to the idea that drugs were being brought to the area by private plane, and these girls were murdered for the cargo.

But that's just me.

not FOR the cargo, but tied to the ring that brings in the cargo, say, from TX, (unlikely, but maybe even AZ)

The more I read, the more I'm convinced that a psychological profile can't possibly be developed for the murderer of these women...because there isn't just one murderer. Now, we could probably develop a psychological profile for the ring leader. Who wants to take a stab at that? ;)

I agree more than one killer. At least 2 (could be 3)given asphyxiation and cutting throats, dumping sites. I also think they acted on orders from the big guy, whomever that may be. I think this is all local, no out of towner's though. These girls were all in the know of something they should not have been in big guy's eyes, and if even one hinted at telling, all had to go, as they could tell too. Big guy is in the business on the side from his real job/profession.

I asked PB t share his thoughts on the Jennings8 murders. He took the time and thought to put together this profile. While PB is not a verified expert, he is very knowledgable about SKs. We don't always agree but I have the utmost respect for his research and findings. Thanks Peter.

It's kind of long so I'll put it in the next post.

PART 1
Preface
This profile is for investigative and educational purposes only. Every other use, partially or whole in any other context, demands the written consent by the author, Peter Brendt.
Due to the ambivalence of the available sources and the limitations of the material released by law enforcement, this has to be necessarily incomplete and in details inaccurate. However, the hreat strokes appear reasonable at this time.
One or two serial killers in Jennings?
Some of the victims died from asphyxiation, some from a slit throat. However, since the African-American victims are exclusively killed by slit throat till the seventh victim, the victims with at least Caucasian appearance, are either killed by asphyxiation or an undetermined cause of death, it appears to me, as if we see here the work of two perpetrators. I will furthermore refer to them as UNSUB A and UNSUB B in which UNSUB A is the killer of
Loretta Lewis
Kristen Lopez
Whitnei Dubois
Crystal Zeno
Brittney Gary

UNSUB B therefore is the killer of
Ernestine Patterson
Laconia Brown
maybe Necole Guilleroy
The splitting of those victimologies is based on the fact, that to my knowledge, no serial killer is as of yet known, to have changed voluntarily from slashing to strangulation unless outer circumstances forced him or made it at least highly desirable for him to seem like someone else, for example the neighborhood's resident strangler.
This thought is also supported by the dynamics, UNSUB A and B show. UNSUB B's disposal of Laconia Brown's body for example played right into the rumors about police involvement and police corruption which were essentially caused by strangulation murders committed by UNSUB A. Later, it appears to me as if UNSUB B would play openly into UNSUB A's signature by strangling Necole Guilleroy.
There is a third reason, to follow up on the idea of two serial killers. The kill speed graph of UNSUB A shows some consistency, a regular speeding up over years, interrupted by breaks for yet unknown reasons. This is basically, what is to expect from a serial killer with psychopathic behavior at least in a secondary diagnosis. However, for UNSUB B, I have not enough data to establish any kill speed graph (I need at least four points). But the way it is, if both victimologies would belong to one serial killer, this would be some kind of clustered pattern of speeding up and down. Get me right here, it is not entirely impossible. A manic-depressive with a cycle of more than a year between manic phases could theoretically show a similar pattern. But then, even in the field of low probability, which serial killers enter per se, that would be a stretch and it wouldn't explain the bi-racial victimology since a sexual motivated serial killer would either kill exclusively in his own ethnicity or all over the place, but not limited to just two ethnicities.
The environment, the hunting ground
To have more than one serial killer in ne hunting ground is not as rare as people normally assume. In fact, it is pretty common, there is almost no case, in which a serial killer didn't cross the path of a fellow traveler. Wuornos comes to mind, maybe. But for every other serial killer, there is another one at least showing up with some kind of guest appearance in the same area. Well, this on a rather general note.
Jennings is a city of about 20,000 people. Basically, the mathematical probability of one serial killer and of two serial killers in such a population size is the same: Almost zero! Unless other reasons (a high share of drug users in the population, incest, alcohol abuse, cumulative subcultural currents or a changed social context) enforce serial killing indirectly.
The area »south of the tracks« delivers some of those factors. However, we have to keep in mind, some, for example the economical downfall, didn't appear before 2009 and thus are irrelevant for every murder before. I have no demographic data for Jennings for those years before, but we can assume, while unemployment was high there, especially »south of the tracks«, it wasn't on current level.
So what do we have here? A small town basically, split in more or less two subcultural circles. Given the population size, that per se limits for example the number of drug addicted prostitutes who can make a dollar by prostitution, it is no wonder, they all knew each other, one way or the other. Mathematically, it's the same as a small town with only one or two groceries. Everyone has to go to at least one of those places, probably both and therefore, everyone has at least seen everybody else eventually. And if you would pick randomly five customers of a grocery in Jennings, the mathematical chance to get at least one cousin-cousin-combination is as high as the chance to find a cousin-cousin-combination if you pick randomly five addicts out of one of the rare party houses. Lets face it, everybody thinks, it is impossible that they all knew each other, were all connected and that therefore the killer has to be nearby, very nearby, part of the same circle. But that is mathematically wrong. It can be, maybe, but it doesn't have to be that way. Everything than connection between the victims would be in fact surprising and reason to worry, given the limited population size. But since a high number of connections and common denominators is inevitable in a small town, the worth of those common denominators is rather questionable under these circumstance.
To make things even more confusing, we probably deal here with two UNSUBs hunting in the same hunting grounds. Now, someone can ask, what are the odds? But then, given, there is only one hunting ground available in the wider area, the odds are mathematically almost 100%. All easy to access victims fitting a wide variety of typical victim-patterns are concentrated in Jennings »south of the tracks«. So, up to this point, it isn't really surprising. The problem with it is, due to the big overlap between the victimologies, it is hard to distinguish.
Victimology (UNSUB A)
Lets start with UNSUB A. The victims are
Loretta Lewis, 28 5'4'', 103lbs, brown hair COD: Undetermined due to decomposition Found: May 20, 2005 in a drainage canal outside of Jennings Note:
She was missing since May 17, which means, it was not actually decomposition, but the water and maybe also fishes.
Kristen Lopez, 21 5'2'', 95 lbs, brown hair COD: Undetermined due to decomposition Found: March 18, 2007 in a canal Notes:
She was missing since March 6. The weather in this time was mostly in the low 60s, so also here, water is more the reason for the state of the body than regular decomposition.
I found only Dark Minds explicitly saying, her body was complete nude.
Whitnei Dubois, 26 5'3'', 101lbs, brown hair COD: undetermined due to to decomposition Found: May 12, 2007 on a gravel road corner Bobby Rd and Earl Dohan St. Note:
She was missing since May 10, temperatures were ab. 74F in this time. So in this case, decomposition is to expect, but for most possible CODs not to a degree, that makes a determination entirely impossible.
The last sighting was by an unidentified witness in contacet with Dubois' brother Mike. At this time, she was at the party house in Andrews Street.
Crystal Zeno, 24 5'11'', 170 lbs, brown hair COD: Asphyxiation Found September 11, 2008 in a dry irrigation canal
Notes
She was last seen August 29. So while the time, she was out, was longer, the ME was in this case still able to determine COD. The weather was in this time around 80F. Precipitation .21in. So despite a little rain and a longer time, the ME was able, which makes one wonder why not in the earlier cases under better conditions.
diagnosed as bipolar at age 12
in problems since parents separated, unknown when that was
Brittney Gary, 17 5'0'', 130lbs, brown hair COD: Asphyxiation, in her body was also found a cocktail of several drugs Found: November 15, 2008 on Keystone Rd (gravel rd, near to highway 382, RR1126?). Note
Last seen November 2nd at a Family Dollar Store. Also here, the time between disappearance and discovery is long and the ME was still able to determine COD. Which makes me think, the interest of the ME's office may have increased, the more bodies they got.
From this list, I can see several aspects already, even without going into the victim's lifestyle.

He disposed bodies in water for the first murders. However, he obviously didn't weight down the body of Loretta Lewis while he did something like that with Kristen Lopez or the body would have been discovered earlier. This means, he is the studying kind of guy, who intensified his studies after his first murder. And yes, I think, Loretta Lewis was his first, otherwise, he wouldn't have shown this mix of over-cautiousness and inexperience that is behind not thinking to weight down the body. My guess is, when LE will finally get to him, they will find in his palce books about serial killers, especially Ann Rule and John Douglas, and the usual DVDs, Manhunt, America's worst Serial Killers, Hannibal, etc, and probably seasons of Criminal Minds (but probably not Dexter). The fun part is, that his fellow traveler seems to prefer the same kind of entertainment and thus, after they found out, they gave each other cover by accident, both went a little sloppy there.
UNSUB A is a white male. This is no surprise, that is what gave first away, that we deal with two killers here.
He has a type. Not too tall, light-weight and dark hair, maybe even specifically brown. This indicates, his deeds are driven by rejection by a specific women rather than by women in general. Thus, we look probably for a divorced man or someone who had a long term relationship that broke up about April or early May of 2005. The partner, who dropped him was a women in her mid twenties, brown, rather delicate built and they had been together for a considerable time. However, while outsiders might would have suspected, the relationship worked out for them, there was tension on the inside cause mostly by control-behavior from his side. I haver no detailed ME reports, so I can't make any estimations about sadism or narcissistic/power-assurance behavior.
Between his first murder (Lewis) and the second (Lopez), at least as far as we know, is a time of ab. 22 months. Between the second (Lopez) and the third (Dubois), we find only a time of 2 months. But then, between the third (Dubois) and the fourth (Zeno), we find suddenly 15 months again and between #4 (Zeno) and #5 (Gary), there is again a short gap of only three months. Now, the classic interpretation would be, he wasn't there at the time, maybe arrested for an unrelated crime, or, if textbook profilers go creative, they assume, he was too sick with something. Which would explain one long gap, but not two. I think, he doesn't kill when he is in a relationship. As of yet, I have seen no reports indicating sadistic torture on the victims. So I assume, his appetites in bed are rather normal. He doesn't have to kill to satisfy any especially pervert tastes. This is about control, power and the opposite of it, rejection. So, as soon as he finds a small brown-haired women, who accepts him, he is a happy camper. But if she breaks out some months later because he becomes increasingly controlling, he feels even more rejected. So rejected, so upset, so in hot rage, only one murder isn't enough to compensate. Thus, we find this pattern of two with a short gap, a long gap (while he is out trying a new relationship) and another two with short gap after this relationship fails again. I haven't heard of more victims and especially not of groups of three. If my educated guess about his behavioral pattern is correct, that could mean, he is either in a relationship with a woman who doesn't mind to be controlled or that he suffered the ultimate breakdown. Which is such a bad term, because it means, the last woman breaking up with him is somewhere out there, probably beaten to death (he would have lost temporarily control in that phase) and disposed like the others. In that case, there would be also a suicide of a male somewhere, but seemingly unconnected. He would even suicidal refuse to leave any evidence, it was about him being rejected.
Now, this is a little bit about him, the part, I can see without even going in the deeper victimology. Lets go there anyway. All victims had drug-problems. Also all victims were seen at the same party house. Which is no incredible coincidence because, I would guess the number of dedicated party houses is limited in Jennings/LA. It's not that someone has to satisfy the demands for a million drug addicts in a twenty-thousand people town.
Also, from area-witnesses, who have seen the victims in the months before, we heard, those girls, when they prostituted themselves for drugs or money for drugs, were all active in Main Street and Doyle Street. According to Google, that isn't too far from Andrews Street where the party house appears to be. Which basically constitutes the waterhole.
I wrote already about the victims knowing each other. No surprise there. However, the conclusion that this killer has to be part of the same scene is wrong, especially in the case of UNSUB A. For B, it can be and is probably, but not for A. Look at what UNSUB A actually need to know. He doesn't need to know the drug scene. He only needs to know, where the prostitutes hang out. The area. Of course, he had scouted it out and I would agree with »Thirteen«, that this guy knew the victims. Stalking is an expression of control. And please don't put too much weight on »Thirteen«. This guy knows nothing, anybody else couldn't know. And in combination with a veteran profiler who got his reputation mostly by messing up BTK and Atlantic City, Dark Minds is far from being the measure of all things. It is just if you make so and so many TV episodes, it is obviously impossible to avoid saying something right by accident from time to time. And the stalker part sounds right for UNSUB A. We can see that because he took the last victim we know of, Brittney Gary, when she left a store, not at the part of Main Street that serves as soliciting area. If she still got in his car, that means, she knew him by sight and he was non-threatening to her. This guy wasn't one of those a little bit wild looking guys from her life, from the drug scene. This guy looked probably harmless and somewhat nice, even he was without doubt much older than her.
The significant point in his choice to kill prostitutes is not because they are what they are. The significant point is, they are available. If this guy would be able to kill women he knew very well for most of his »career«, he would have killed the women who rejected him, not surrogates. He kills them BECAUSE he doesn't know them. He can objectize them. But his other life, his daily life, it happens probably not south but north of the tracks. He has a job (and can therefore invest in prostitutes), he looks nice to harmless, but not that much that he would invite muggers, he is functional enough to hold a steady job and I don't think, it is menial (he must be at least somewhat charming, social competent and persistent enough to get from time to time a new promising relationship up and that part happens in his world). So, bottom line, he is not form the world »south of the tracks«, he is no addict, no dealer. He is a man looking somewhat handsome or cute, even not entirely non-dangerous. He is an intruder into the world of those girls, who take him, as welcome customer and therefore income-source estimating him as lower risk than most of their usual customers. In his own world, he tries to pretend his dream. Nice house, not too big, probably a dog, a white fence or something like that. I think, the gist is clear. What is missing however, is the woman of his dreams, the woman, who does everything when and how he says it. And that is the thing, someone like »Thirteen« can't see. Because the world of UNSUB A is also outside of »Thirteen's« world.

Victimology (UNSUB B)

Victims are:

Ernestine Patterson, 30 5'4'', 82lbs, black hair (African-American) COD: Slit throat Found: June 18, 2005 in a canal Note:
Last seen June 16.
Body partially nude
Two POI were indicted but the case was dismissed due to lack of evidence and unreliable witnesses.
Laconia »Muggy' Brown, 23 5'3.5'', 123 lbs, black hair (African-American) COD: Slit throat Found: May 29, 2008 on a gravle road next to the police shooting range. Notes:
Found by a police officer
Body was soaked in bleach and still warm
Shooting range is near to the Parish border and the road (Racca Rd) is accessible from Hwy 90 without being seen from the shooting range.
Necole Guilleroy, 26 5'7'', 160 lbs, brown hair (African-American) COD: Asphyxiation Found: August 19, 2009, off of I-10 Notes:
Found in Arcadia Parish, not Jefferson Parish
Body partially nude
Found just one hours after she was reported missing.
UNSUB B is African-American. He doesn't spend too much time with his victims, he doesn't even bother to undress them completely. Still, in other aspects of the crimes, he shows control and an almost playful malignancy. He is the one adapting. When rumors, caused by the other murders, popped up, police would be involved in a corrupt way, he played right into that public delusion. He heated the boiling pot up even more, thus hampering in one strike basically the whole police force and preventing them, from doing effective work in the investigation (well, we won't be too harsh here, LE had done that already pretty good by committing the usual collection of deadly mistakes). However, to hear, police is corrupt, even to believe it, that is one thing. Take a women (Laconia Brown), who would have, by following his earlier MO already dead (instead he didn't kill her May 27, he had to keep her alive till May 29), than kill her basically in ear-distance of a police shooting range and douse her body with bleach, that is bold and shows off some really malignant humor combined with some more instinctive knowledge about human minds. Still, he made a little mistake. He cut her throat. He should have asphyxiated her. But in 2008, the COD of all known victims of UNSUB A was still undetermined. The victims who were asphyxiated, they came only later. Thus he, like everybody else without insider knowledge about the murders of Lewis, Lopez and Dubois just didn't know, they had an asphyxiator (and not another slasher or a strangler) at their hands. Consequently, he stuck with his own signature.
And he showed off a second time. Take a look at Necole Guilleroy. He took her at a time, the murders were in the national news, at a time, everybody not only talked about it, but basically looked also in every dark corner. Still, he felt save enough to strike. But here comes the fun part. He doesn't rape her and slits her throat. He asphyxiates her. Because now he knows what his colleague is doing. And then, he drives the body into the next Parish and drops her, causing another law enforcement agency to butt in and make the chaos even bigger. He basically hid his latest kill by pretending, it was UNSUB A's kill.
Going in the deeper victimology, we have basically the same picture as with UNSUB A. Also he needs only to know where to find the girls. He doesn't need to be in the scene. Prostitution is always a kind of social gateway luring men from other social worlds in the red light districts. Jennings is not different.
However, look, what he did to the victims. At least that part, we know, because law enforcement is still sitting on the majority of evidence without using it. He slits throats. He partially undress his victims. He stages a body next to a police shooting range. He plays with another serial killer's MO. And for all these things, he uses women. Here is the point. None of those women meant a thing, they were just used. When raping them, he didn't even take the time to undress them completely. His version of sex is the five minute in a dark corner version. This is spontaneous. But it is not spontaneous rage. It is just doing, what comes to his mind. As one of the persons of interest said: Drugs and sex goes together. So do drugs and silly jokes, so do drugs and amplified behavior. The speed of killing, the staging, this guy literally does because he can. The keyword here is »can«. This guy don't need to kill to be in control of anything, because he knows already, he is in control. He doesn't need to kill to get self-esteem. He knows already, he is the coolest thing since sliced bread. His arrogance, he shows for example in the case of Laconia Brown, that's not pretense, that's just how he is. He feels superior. Superior to all those »morons« who think, the police would cover up drug crimes and get away with it. Superior to all those »pigs«, who tried to get him all the time and never could. He is just the coolest guy ever and his life would be great, if it wasn't for all those boring people around. Well, that's what he thinks, of course. And because he is bored, he does two things. He takes drugs, he parties and so on. And, if he is bored and sees a woman on the red light strip, he likes from the looks, he takes her. Just for the thrill. And to increase the thrill, he provokes, he plays, he stages.

Crime Scenes

Actually, all the crimes scenes, we have, are tertiary. Dump sites. The interesting part in the first murders is the disposal of the bodies in water. While it washes evidence away, it is, statistically, not so common in the US. And it is more common in the South of the US than in the North. The reason is most likely, that serial killers study serial killers. And those with roots in the South will stumble quickly over the Atlanta Child Murders. Which included disposal of bodies in water. Additionally, the subject was mentioned in several episodes of Criminal Minds, of course, in Dexter and Dark Minds had some pretty wrong assumptions in it in at least the episode about Atlantic City. So the method has been made more popular again, especially for serial killers form Georgia and Louisiana.
Of course, the later victims of both, UNSUB A as UNSUB B were found just on gravel roads. This has more similarities with for example the Daytona Beach Murders. However, in fact, it shows rather, both got more comfortable and more confident, they saw not so much need for forensic counter measures anymore. At the time Dubois was killer, UNSUB A knew already, he got away with Lewis for about two years and police didn't display a show of competence with the Lopez murder as well. And UNSUB B, watching the news, came to the same conclusion. Which basically opened the door for the rumors and his Laconia Brown game. Thus, the crime scenes show us, both UNSUBs gained confidence, got better at what they did and the felt, they got better. Which, to a degree, made them sloppy, but police, consequently looking in the wrong direction and preventing everyone else to look in the right one by keeping everything and everyone in the dark, compensated more than enough for that sloppiness. Which again raised more confidence for the killers.
All dump sites are in rural areas around the town (in case of Necole Guilleroy rural area in the next Parish). This is no miracle. Opposite to other areas, for example on the East Coast, in Louisana, there is more than ample space left. They have a lot of rural land and therefore enough room to drop bodies on it. Especially, since in no case any actual measures were applied to hide the bodies. UNSUB A wants his victims found to make the statement, he is in control and UNSUB B wants to play, want the thrill, so he wants his bodies found as well or the game would get boring.
Classical geographical profiling will fail for a number of reasons here:
Geographical profiling will never include social profiling. In a town that split as Jennings in basically two distinct geographical areas, it is the social dynamics that carries UNSUB A over the tracks, but he still lives in his world north of the tracks. Which is invisible for the geographical profiling methods since there are no points of interest in the north. Just a killer who doesn't kill in the northern part of town.
For UNSUB B, geographical profiling will fail as well since his motives for the choice of dumping grounds are not merely dictated by need and a balance between lazyness and forensic counter measures. He has other motives. Laconia Brown wasn't dropped next to a police shooting range because it was a good dump site to prevent to get caught. She was dropped there to play a game. And this game called for additional effort in form of bleach to compensate for other, more natural choices of dump sites. Thus, the motives of UNSUB B are directly incompatible to the assumptions, geographical profiling is based on.
Points in geographical profiling will include places like the party house and therefore implicitly include the wrongful assumption, this place would be a relevant center of activity. In fact, it has become, maybe. UNSUB B, if not a guest there before the murders, will without doubt visit the place now from times to time, just for the thrill. Chances are, he learned only about the place from the media articles. But the assumption, a place is important will invariably shift the weight of this points in the model and therefore produce a wrong result.
And since the sum wrong+wrong+wrong rarely equals something correct, and attempt to make up one geographical profile over all murders will also fail and the reuslts will even more disguise the dynamic that actually happens.
It is often said by virtually Hinz, Kunz, their second cousin and their dog, the dump sites show, this killer is from the area. Now, that brings me in some kind of trouble. Today, most little roads are in Google Maps. There is no need anymore, to grow up in an area, to get that kind of knowledge. Thus, the choice of dump sites shows in fact not imperatively, any of the UNSUBs is a child of the area. However, the maps show for example the shooting range, but not who uses it, when and how often. The maps also don't show the redlight strips south of the tracks, even they show the tracks. So, it is more the hunting ground and the social knowledge, that gives away the UNSUBs as locals. Mainly, this is one of the rare cases, the wrongful assumptions of Hinz, Kunz, their second cousin and the dog led to something right – merely by accident.
However, at least for UNSUB B, there is a kink in it. He dumped his last victim, Necole Guillory, in Arcardia Parish, the next Parish. This dump site is as rural as the others, but basically it shows nothing that would call for social knowledge. This is pure map work to find a dump site in another Parish. Now, one can apply here some malignant thinking. Why Arcadia Parish? I had no time, to do more digging, but can it be, Arcadia's Sheriff's Department has a similar bad reputation as Jefferson's? The point in dropping a body in another parish is to bring in another law enforcement agency to increase the chaos. So, given, there are six parishs to chose from, which one would UNSUB B chose? The one, he considers the most stupid one, the one not only unable to give much to the investigation but being rather a brick in the way, in his opinion. His choice was Arcadia. So there is a chance, he had run ins with Arcadia's Sheriff's Department before, some way or the other.

There are crime scenes, we haven't found yet. UNSUB A needs some privacy to control and dominate his victims, so he has a place somewhere. All I can see about his motivations, his lifestyle, leads me to believe, he has a residence somewhere north of the tracks. Thus, the most likely possibility appears to be, he has a garage or basement there. My bet is on basement, since no article mention restriction marks or defensive wounds on any of the victims. But that can as well be because law enforcement is keeping the details secret to protect their investigation against any form of logic and success.
Things are a little bit more complex for UNSUB B. He is with high probability a drug user (thus explaining the spontaneity in his deeds). Drug abuse is pricey and while opponents of the war against drugs try to convince everybody, it's not that bad and most druggies do pretty good, truth is, the stuff is pricey and not helping to build up financially sound existences. So chances are, UNSUB B doesn't even own a place. Maybe he lives in a motel, maybe in a kind of commune, maybe even on the streets or he has occupied some abandoned building. In the latter cases, others would claim their share as well and he wouldn't have privacy there as well.
We know, he killed two of his victims pretty fast. But Laconia Brown, he needed to keep. Brown disappeared May 27, 2008 and was found May 29, two days later, the body still warm. That means, he kept her somewhere. Given the wide stretches of rural land around, there have to be tool sheds of all kinds, maybe outlaying stable building, in short, all kind of little structures not regularly visited by other persons. My bet is, UNSUB B used one of those for two days. Which means, he was there for two days and missing where he usually hung out. There was maybe also a burglary report from the owner of this place, ignored at the time because the police had bigger fish to fry … someone had just dropped a body next to their shooting range, right?
Details
I think, Loretta Lewis was UNSUB A's first kill. He forgot to weight her down. With Kristen Lopez, he got already better, but then, with Whitnei Dubois, he was like »what the heck?« and just dumped her on the gravel road. The body found soon felt probably good and thus, he found finally a detail more for his signature and would in the future hang on to it.
However, I assume, that UNSUB A became latest after the murder of Laconia Brown aware of the presence of another predator in his hunting ground. One, that played into the rumor mill that had been started by the murders, he, UNSUB A has committed. So the interesting question is, how did he feel about this recognition?
I think, at first, he was amused. The existence of a second serial killer made it virtually impossible for police to get on the right track. And UNSUB B, that much was clear from the first moment, was no competition. He went for victims, UNSUB A wouldn't touch with a ten-foot-pole. And UNSUB A is not out for publicity, so there wouldn't be a struggle who would get the front pages. Even the bold move to drop Laconia Brown next to the shooting range played in UNSUB A's favor as well and I guess, all he felt was some kind of distanced curiosity. But then, he was busy with other things. He had to find himself a lady to build a relationship. And this si someone who really invests in relationships. So he disappeared basically till this experiment failed. Till August of 2008 when he killed Crystal Zeno and three months later Brittney Gary. I doubt, he did more than maybe reading newspapers looking for what his fellow pilgrim was up to, with that mix of distanced curiosity and amusement.
Now UNSUB B. He was pretty much from the start aware of UNSUB A. Maybe, since he doesn't strike me as the person watching too much TV or reading the newspapers, he missed Lewis till after he killed Patterson. Maybe. But then, he does things for thrills and there are, opposite what serial killer novels claim, a lot of exciting things out there aside of murdering women. Murdering women appears on the excitement scale far overrated anyway. And for someone, who thinks, he is so cool, reaction is more important than the act of killing itself. In the end, he personally got sex from it. Well, he had to lure the victims with drugs and he would have got sex from them anyway, just for the drugs. So he got nothing really out of it. First time, in the murder of Patterson, yes, that was exciting. But just to repeat it? He knows about addictions, he knows, it wouldn't be the same thing again. But the hype UNSUB A had caused, it gave him an opportunity to raise the stacks by dropping Laconia Brown right in the police's lap. As said before, this guy gets his excitement rather form playing than from killing. UNSUB A provided him basically with a stage. But he wouldn't perform on this stage too often. He wants to keep murder as something special to him. He intentionally keeps it rare or otherwise, it would lose this delicate sense of excitement. The way, UNSUB B kills, it is like once all two years, maybe once a year. Only when he really really really needs that kick. It is like this especially sweet cake at birthdays to him. But UNSUB A with his deeds has made sure, media report all the time, Dark Minds for example has also stirred up the emotions and the rumors about a conspiracy. All of that together, it makes reliving so easy, so natural and at the same time so unpredictable. Which is basically what he enjoys. And therefore, his fellow traveler can be assured, he enjoys a lot of UNSUB B's sympathies. No bloody hunt for each other in the blackness of night in Jennings.

Another detail, I like to point out, refers to UNSUB A. He had probably snatched all his victims in evenings/nights at the red-light strip. Not so much because he needed the cover of night but during daylight, he was working. With Crystal Zeno, disappeared August 29, 2008, he got a 24 year old women. An adult. Like his other victims before. However, November 2nd, he snatched Brittney Gary and as it looks, rather from the store than from the actual red-light strip. She wasn't soliciting. And she was only 17 years old, hardly an adult. Even more, looking at the pictures, her appearance is rather different, even formally, she fulfills the parameters of petite, brown-haired, Caucasian looking. Now look at the time stamp of the surveillance video shot the evening, she disappeared. It says 18:21:54 (at the start), that is 6:21 pm. That means, this guy was on the hunt rather in the late evening than the night. Basically, he went out right after coming home for work, maybe not even grabbing a bite to eat. Now, most drug users are not really known as early birds, unless they are left overs from the day before. At about half past six, I doubt, the red-light showcase on Main/Doyle was actually well filled. Remember the Dark Minds episode, the area was lively rather about midnight and later. Not at a time when normal people are back from work and prepare for dinner. My guess is, the choice of a clearly younger victim, not so fitting as surrogate for an adult women, who rejected him, as much as the decision to fetch a girl next to a store, is caused rather by the unavailability of other more fitting victims in this time frame than by actual choice of Brittney. This is not a sign of a spiraling down, rather a sign of picking what is available. This shows, he is not part of the scene, just an outsider coming in to hunt. He relies on the red-light strip, on Doyle and Main, not so much on the party house at Andrews. He couldn't go there and wait out the time till more fitting prey would show up with some pipes of meth because he is not a drug user, he doesn't fit the social environment. However, the sudden willingness, to capture a younger victim with an obviously more childish appearance indicates some age issues. Normally, the older a predator becomes, the younger the victims. Such a sudden jump would therefore indicate, he just passed or approached a birthday with a round number, most likely his 40th.
UNSUB A

He is white, male and probably born about late October or early November of 1969. His Zodiac sign therefore is probably Scorpio. Which despite the fitting sign doesn't change a thing.
I estimate him between 5'7'' and 5'11'', his weight would be about 160 to 180 lbs. He is not overly fit but also not weak. In his appearance, he is rather neat and casually, not over-dressed, usually clean shaved. His appearance is perceived as non-threatening. He also has some social skills. However, he doesn't appear only nice or he would in an area like Jennings' South fell victim to muggers eventually. Thus, he employs two strategies against this to happen. He hunts early and he wears probably jackets or some kind of upper clothing that would suggest to the usual observer in that area a chance of concealed artillery.
His car is an American made sedan, chances are Ford or Chevy. The color is probably gray or silver, less likely black. This car, while not bought new, will be cared for and cleaned at least twice a month. He will have no dices or anything else dangling from the rear mirror. Political stickers of what kind ever, will rather reflect the general opinion of the neighborhood, he lives in than his own.
In his history, we will find some petty thefts in his youth (which is long ago), a steady career and job, and some focus on relationship/family life. And a list of failed relationships with small brown-haired Caucasian women. There is some chance, his mother fit this description as well. Those relationships went down the gutter because inside a relationship, he will become more controlling over time till crossing a definitively pathological line. The end phase will be loud and moderate violent. But he doesn't kill women, he lived with or just knows. He kills stranger, surrogates, objects. However, there is a chance, he pops up in domestic violence calls on 911 and/or divorce trials including the claims of violent behavior on his side.
His living environment is a house, probably with basement, in a nice neighborhood north of the tracks. In fact probably as far as half a driving hour away from the tracks. Like the car, the house is well cared for. His neighbors will describe him as nice, but not really the go to guy. He goes to the street party, but he isn't really the driving power. If he is noticed, than most likely for awesome flowers in his garden or bad jokes. Bad not as in disgusting rather as in stupid. When you drive along the street, he lives in, his house will appear nothing extraordinary, but it will look like it has the touch of a female hand. Even while he lived there alone over a long time. It will have, depending on the season, flowers in the garden and window boxes with more flowers. The garage will be probably a two-car one, even he has only one.
Also south of the tracks, people have seen him and his car. Only, they will not really have noticed him. He drives too careful to be part in any traffic ruckus and he appears not dangerous enough to drag attention of the males. With his slightly overweight appearance, white skin and maybe even a receding hairline, he will appear as one of those many white desk jockeys driving over there for quick sex before the life really starts there. By midnight, when life reaches the peak there, I would guess, he is long gone. However, keep in mind, he uses prostitutes also in between and probably also while he is in a relationship. While he appears dedicated in a relationship, the slightest injury of the rules he set will cause a more or less big break out on his part. This would start with going to the prostitutes in an act to punish his partner for her failure. So he is a regular sight. And yes, he still is. If he is in a relationship and thinks, it's this time working out, he stops killing. He doesn't stop to have sex with prostitutes though.
Of course, this profile is based on the limited information, law enforcement has released. More information can always change the picture and wrong information, maybe intentionally released to the press can lead to mistakes in the profile.

To be continued next post...

UNSUB B

UNSUB B lives probably south of the tracks. He is African-American and was at the time, his series started about 25 to 35, which places his birth date somewhere in the range of 1970 to1980. He is taller than UNSUB A, probably 5'9'' to 6'2''. He had no problem to lift a body out of a car trunk and he didn't expect any problems. Which means, he knew, he is tall and strong enough to do so without too much delay. He effectively planned on that knowledge when he dropped Laconia Brown.
He is a drug user and I think, he had experimented at least with everything on the market. He also probably deals or transports (as in mule). Somehow, he has to finance his life, his habit and his arrogance. Still, he has no place of his own, or if, than a small one without too much privacy from neighbors. Motel room, small house with other houses nearby. Something like that.
Cloth-wise, he probably resembles the usual style in the area. Pants down to the butt, maybe too much jewelry, baseball cap 90 degrees turned. He is known as drug user, but he isn't worn down despite the long time, he is already using the stuff. That means, he works out or plays some kind of sports to compensate for the damages, drugs do inevitable to a human body. And chances are, he owns a gun, probably not legally, but locked and loaded. Not so much because he really needs it for snatching the girls, but because it is an accessory to demonstrate his coolness in his world. And somewhere out there are some people, who had this gun already in their face. Because sometimes, he has to show off, who is the Master of Cool.
The point here is, this guy is well-integrated in this kind of subculture. He is, what is expected and then some. He has a reputation that causes the usual gangbanger to look up to him with admiration because he is, by appearance, such a bad bad badass. Only this reputation prevents most people from messing with him. Which essentially makes his life boring, at least as he perceives it. He is not the kind of guy, who goes to a party house too often. He deems the people there as stupid, as not his equal. However, he would go to places, where dangerous things happen. Car races, if such things happen in Jennings/LA. I would say, if there would be bungee jumping he would do it. And man would he be stoned, just to intensify the experience.
Some of the prostitutes will probably remember him. He usually pays in drugs and sex with him is probably not bad. He is the one who tries to bring a prostitute to an orgasm, just to prove, he is so cool, he can.
It's hard to say anything about the vehicles he uses. He has at least one that is flashy in an African-American way. But he probably has access to more vehicles or is good at stealing them. He is intelligent but uncontrolled. Forget the typical gangbanger type. Gangbangers are morons he manipulates at will. While he probably dropped out of high school and has no formal education, he is bright and understands things, he reads. And I bet, he read a lot. Mostly about cool people. Only his idea of »cool« includes serial killers, Malcolm X and science. So it's a wide variety and he is able to connect those various fields without big troubles.
However, there were situations in his life when he felt not so cool. In technical terms, he is a psychopath/narcissist. So in situations like an arrest, he wouldn't feel so cool and to a part, he would never forgive those who, in his perception, caused those not-cool situations. Like police. That leads me to believe, he has an arrest record, most likely for drugs, theft and/or burglary. And this arrest record includes incidents in Jefferson Parish AND Arcadia Parish.

How to catch them?

UNSUB A is easy. Cross-reference dirty divorces in 2005, domestic violence calls for before May 17, 2005 with domestic violence calls near to June 3, 2007 and near to August 29, 2008. Every of these incidents involves small built brown haired Caucasian women.
There is also chance, the surveillance videos the PI, Kirk Menard shot, show him or his car, at least in the early hours of the night, say about 6-9 pm maybe 10 pm on occasions.
The only real problem to create a suspect pool and narrow it down will be the unwilligness of the police to listen to outsiders.

UNSUB B is even easier. How many that loud and flashy paradise birds would be out there? We can cross-reference that with all kinds of dangerous activities, also legal ones. Bungee jumping is not illegal, private car races are. But in the end, it's all about the thrill and the thrill cares for opportunity, not for legal or illegal. And how many people would be in those activities, having arrests in Jefferson and Arcadia Parish and would be known by those prostitutes for his efforts in sex?
However, the problem here would be of course, to make police do it. They have to protect their investigation against success, as usual.

I like it a lot, PB--very thorough--excellent job, PB--glad you jumped over, despite your hesitance--And also ty to my buddy JF, who was able to convince you- i figured eventually you'd give in after we wrangled you a bit, ha---and hard to say no to JF

my theory is a dirty cop/ drug ring im assuming the murders happened because of a deal between the cops and frankie and the girls, the girls being informants the cop and frankie flipped killing them because they were attempting to snitch. later down the road frankie wanted to snitch so he was shot in his own home. hexe could you reach out to me at Blairbra000@bisdmail.net my law program would love to hear from you

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back