TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks BeanE - you are always on the ball!

These are the kind of things that are confusing in trying to piece together the timeline. "She worked her normal 12 hour shift that day" vs. "Adkins picked her up at 5:45 p.m." - those 2 statements contradict each other. :banghead:

It could mean nothing more than the she was told to leave a little early. Or, it could mean much more. It's hard to tell because prior inconsistencies in time and whereabouts have turned out to be of major importance in the case. In due time, we'll know how it all fits together (I hope!).

Billie would have had to call Shawn or he would not have known she was getting off work early. It's at least 20-25 minutes drive to Snyder to get her.

That's ONE of the deleted "calls to/from Billie" in the phone's log.

I have been wondering through out this whole case, why Billie would have DD text the friend for HD to come home? If she really just came and went as she pleased and if BD was at work, what difference did it make if she came home at noon or not? Why didn't she just wait until she got home or a little later in the afternoon? I just find that odd. Was it common for BD to tell her when to come home?

If this was my house, it would be because she had left the day before without folding her laundry, taking out the trash, and scooping the litterbox, and now Mom wants it done before BF gets home at 3PM. I'd also assume this is why she did not call me herself about going to the sleepover, as she knew I'd ask if she had done her chores.

If this was my house, it would be because she had left the day before without folding her laundry, taking out the trash, and scooping the litterbox, and now Mom wants it done before BF gets home at 3PM. I'd also assume this is why she did not call me herself about going to the sleepover, as she knew I'd ask if she had done her chores.

Excellent point. Yes, I've had that happen with my kids, too...

Billie would have had to call Shawn or he would not have known she was getting off work early. It's at least 20-25 minutes drive to Snyder to get her.

I don't understand.

What is the reason Shawn couldn't have called Billie and said, "Grab your purse, sweetie pie - I'm comin' to get ya."?

Or they couldn't, before leaving for work that morning - or the night before for that matter - have agreed that he'd come get her early?

At some time between 4:05pm and December 28 at approximately 12:00pm when Billie calls him, D goes to a friend’s house. He is gone from the home “all day” on December 28, but “all day” has not been defined, that is, it is unknown which date and time D went to the friend’s home, only that he is at the friend’s home when Billie calls him around noon or 1:00pm on December 28.

Billie calls D and tells him to text M, and tell her to tell Hailey to come home.

D is at a friend’s home. Billie’s cell phone is supposed to be back at Hailey’s home.

D goes to Clint’s home and asks if he’s seen Hailey that day, which Clint hasn’t. D tells Clint that everyone is starting to get worried about Hailey. It is unknown if D went home before going to Clint’s house, or if he went directly from his friend’s home to Clint’s home.

http://casesignal.wordpress.com/hailey-dunn/hailey-dunn-timeline/

Billie said she worked from 7 am-7 pm on Monday and the ATM show 2 w/d were made shortly after 6 pm. Now we learn from a close friend of Billie's that BD “got off early”.

Generally speaking health workers can’t “leave early” so why was she permitted to go?

Where I work unit secretaries work 8-hour rotating shifts and it was confirmed that in a hospital ER just west of Snyder, unit secretaries work 8- hr shifts...7a-3p & 3p-11p.

FWIW, MO is BD worked an eight-hour shift on Monday.

BTW, great interview skills!

Exactly!! .. no one that would know for sure would answer my question last night about her hours..regarding normal hours or what time she left that day. What I would also like to know is ..was that preplanned or last minute? What BD or SA says they did means zip to me, they both lie thru their teeth imo.. We KNOW for a FACT that she left early, but some *assume* that she left right before the ATM withdrawl was made and I just can't figure out why we would *assume* that?..Unless I have completely missed something major. .and someone PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong..but afaik, we have no idea for sure what her normal hours are nor how early she really left. For me, that could leave a whole lotta hours unaccounted for! I'm sure LE knows..but for some reason (and I have no doubt they have a reason) they sure aren't making that known..

Exactly!! .. no one that would know for sure would answer my question last night about her hours..regarding normal hours or what time she left that day. What I would also like to know is ..was that preplanned or last minute? What BD or SA says they did means zip to me, they both lie thru their teeth imo.. We KNOW for a FACT that she left early, but some *assume* that she left right before the ATM withdrawl was made and I just can't figure out why we would *assume* that?..Unless I have completely missed something major. .and someone PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong..but afaik, we have no idea for sure what her normal hours are nor how early she really left. For me, that could leave a whole lotta hours unaccounted for! I'm sure LE knows..but for some reason (and I have no doubt they have a reason) they sure aren't making that known..

5:45 p.m. — Adkins picks up Billie Jean Dunn from work.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/12/no-headline---hailey_dunn_timeline/?partner=yahoo_feeds

I have been wondering through out this whole case, why Billie would have DD text the friend for HD to come home? If she really just came and went as she pleased and if BD was at work, what difference did it make if she came home at noon or not? Why didn't she just wait until she got home or a little later in the afternoon? I just find that odd. Was it common for BD to tell her when to come home?

That's not odd at all.
I text my boys to go home from their friend's house while I'm at work all the time. Or if one is home and the other spent the night off the night before, I might call son #1 and tell him to text or call son #2 to come home.
There are lots of reasons for it, but the three that come to mind right now would be (1)to do their chores, (2)I don't want the younger son home all day by himself (3)they just don't have any business hanging out at someone else's house for days at a time and need to be home just because I want them home.

I don't understand.

What is the reason Shawn couldn't have called Billie and said, "Grab your purse, sweetie pie - I'm comin' to get ya."?

Or they couldn't, before leaving for work that morning - or the night before for that matter - have agreed that he'd come get her early?

My bad. I was under the impression that she was scheduled to work a full day, and that she had initially claimed she HAD worked all day. If SA called and said "Take off early, I'm coming to get you" she might not necessarily be ABLE to leave early. And since he'd just p!$$ed away his job that morning, I don't think he'd want to his meal ticket losing her job too.

It's a 20-25 minute drive from CCity, but at this point, she still thought he was working... in Snyder.

I understand why your mind keeps pondering it!

First we were lead to believe that SA worked a regular shift on Mon 12/27 and came home as Hailey was headed out the door - "nothing out of the ordinary" per his video interview with Priscilla Luong. Then we heard that he actually got off early and got home about 1 p.m. that day. Then we heard he had never worked that day and got home at 3 p.m..

We also heard that BD worked her regular shift on 12/27 - 12 hours. Then we figured out that she couldn't have because she was at the ATM at 6:30ish p.m. and she went in at 7:00 a.m. - she must have gotten off early (FWIW, her dear friend confirmed last night that she did indeed leave work early). We don't know just how early she got off the day Hailey reportedly went missing, but it wasn't the normal 12 hour shift that's been mentioned in the past. No one has volunteered/confirmed what time Billie left work and what she did next on that fateful day, except for the ATM run. It certainly leaves the door open for pondering - I agree.. It's crucial to the time line and chain of events, but we have a missing piece.

Any deviations from the normal routine for family members when a child goes missing is usually something we know right off the bat. I agree that Billie's time of work departure might be withheld by LE intentionally for now and could prove to be a significant detail in the investigation. We shall see...

Thank you so much for such an eloquent post! My post, just like my thoughts are always jumbled! I only wish I could my thoughts would come together this way, lol! From now on, I can just say "ditto, what yllek said!" ..anyway this is what her friend said last night regarding that day ..I guess "somewhat early" just like everything else in this case is open for interpretation..

bbm~

Originally Posted by czgtz View Post
Pondering Mind,

I know that at some point Billie told me what time she left work. I do not remember what time she said. I do know that she left somewhat early. I believe that LE has the confirmed time, and has interviewed enough of her coworkers to make sure that she was where she said she was. It has been about a week since I read the affidavits, so I dont know what you mean about it reading a certain way

She never would say what her normal hours were and even though I want to know, I can understand why she wouldn't say to be honest...

Slow day on WS... I may actually be able to go cook a real dinner, using something other than the microwave to prepare it. Hopefully there will be some news when I return.

My bad. I was under the impression that she was scheduled to work a full day, and that she had initially claimed she HAD worked all day. If SA called and said "Take off early, I'm coming to get you" she might not necessarily be ABLE to leave early. And since he'd just p!$$ed away his job that morning, I don't think he'd want to his meal ticket losing her job too.

I was re-listening to NG earlier trying to find a particular segment and came across one on the 17th (I think) where Nancy is saying that Billie Dunn worked her entire shift that day..and then went to Billie..who of course did NOT correct her. Maybe that's what you remember?

That is your house and that is how it is at my house too. Sometimes my kid tries to call dad at work and 'TELL HIM' her plans when she doesn't want to ask me, and for the very reason you described.

But somehow, I don't think it was that way a Haileys house. Nobody even tried to call and speak to her for about 40 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member