Jodi Arias recorded statements and interviews

Thank you all for the transcribing JA's testamony. I have been trying to watch it live but really can't hear it clearly because I lost my ability to hear. At least I now know what has been said. Thank you Thank you Thank you!

This was only her first day on the stand. It is so difficult to transcribe, very tedious and takes hours to do.

There is a thread of cliff notes of the trial somewhere.

I wonder how we could go about getting a whole JA subcategory under trials. And a news only thread. and a pictures/video thread. lol

Jodi's testimony, Feb 4, Part 5 Continued...

Nurmi: (talking about quitting HS and moving in with Bobby) What was the last straw for you to move out of your house?

Jodi: I think the last straw was when they said you're grounded til you're 18. A lot of my things were already at Bobby's house, they were putting it in a storage shed right behind the house, um, just boxes of things I had been saving, cuz I knew I would be out of the house soon. My dad had closed his restaurant, he had let me have a lot of the plates, the dishes, the silverware, so that would just get me started. So things like that, um, old books I'd already read I didn't want to part with, things like that went to the storage shed, and then when I was grounded, I though I only have a few more things to throw in the car, plus my cat, so I stayed up all night packing, while my parents slept, and I -- well, my dad when he would ground me, he used to unhook my car -- I don't know what that means, but I would go out and try to turn the engine and it wouldn't turn. He unhooked something under the hood, and I think I figured out how to rehook it, so then he started taking the entire piece so that I couldn't rehook it. (ed note: that car should have been yanked from her the first time she "rehooked" it)

So the first thing I did, um, after they went to sleep, was I went out to check if my car would start, and it did. So, I was relieved. So I began to load up the car, um, I was almost completely packed, and then I think around 4:30 or 5:00 I heard one of my parents, um, awake. So, I was in the living room, still packing up a few things, so I jumped on the couch real quick to pretend that I was sleeping so they wouldn't wonder why I was awake, and I was very tired so I ended up falling asleep. The next thing I knew it was 7:30 or 7 o'clock, and my mom was in the kitchen preparing breakfast, and I thought "Oh shoot, I missed my opportunity," but I just went into my bedroom, found my cat, picked her up, and I just started walking out the door. My mom said, "what are you doing?" And I said, "nothing," and I just shut the door and put my cat in my car and drove out to Bobby's house, unloaded it and went to school that day.

N: And, um, you say Bobby's house. Uh, these people you described as grandparents, do they live in this home as well?

J: Yes

N: And was there anyone else besides them and Bobby in this house?

J: No

N: Describe for us the environment you were leaving your home to - leaving your home with your parents in order to live with Bobby. What were you (trailing off, unintelligible)

J: Um, it was um - structurally the house was very good (ed note: who says this??), but it was in very bad shape, um, his parents were very heavy smokers, and there was always a haze hanging out in the room, and there was a lot of, um, I don't know what it's called -- I guess, tar -- running down the walls, kind of in deep brown. The living room was almost, not quite to the ceiling, but it was packed with a bunch of things, I don't know what it was, just various odds and ends - I guess they were hoarders. Um, Bobby did the best to make his bedroom his own little space, um, but he wasn't allowed to touch any of those things while they were there, so I mean the kitchen was very very dirty, um, the bathroom was very dirty, um, the linoleum was coming off the floor, and the shower was kind of falling apart, um, it was just a mess. All of the yard all around the house was overgrown. Um, I went back to my parents' house a few days to borrow their cleaning supplies for it

N: Doesn't sound like Bobby's house was a great place to live

J: No, he hated it, um, like I said his own room, he did his best to make that his space, and um make it habitable, um, and then his parents would kind of sit in the living room all day and watch TV and smoke til they went to bed.

N: You mentioned he, uh (left hand gesturing in circles, right hand stuffed in pocket), kept his room in a different way - was that a room you shared with him?

J: Yes

N: Were you having a sexual relationship with him at that point in time?

J: Um, I'm trying to remember if we were at that point. We did eventually. I don't remember if it was right before I moved in with him. I think it was right after I moved in with him. I don't remember. We waited several months.

N: So, from what you're telling us then, what you moved into this home, this filthy home, with one clean room in it, you dropped out of high school, and you were working, right?

J: I'm sorry, will you repeat that?

N: At this point in time when you moved in with Bobby, you were at the end of your junior year, and that was your last school right?

J: Yes, I was coming up on the end of my Junior year

N: And you were working as well, I believe you said Grandma's if I heard you correctly

J: Yes, my dad had recently closed his restaurant, and I think I got a part time position there - at Grandma's House

N: Aaaaaaand, was this how you were supporting yourself?

J: Yes, it was.

N: Aaaand, were you supporting Mr Juarez as well?

J: Um, not quite yet, um, occasionally we would go on a date, and I of course would pay for it, which wasn't a big deal to me at the time. Um, he had a problem getting identification to prove that he was legally able to work in the United States, so he didn't have a photo ID, he couldnt find a copy of his birth certificate, he didn't have a social security card, but he did have a social security number -- but every time we went to the DMV or the social security office or the court house, they would wanted the one form of identification we were trying to get, so of those three it was hard to get all of them, so that was the reason he couldn't work, or so that was what I understood.

(camera cuts to Juan -- his eyelids are fluttering, and he actually nods off)

N: Soooo, based on what you were telling us earlier then, at the end of your junior year, you drop out of high school, worked full time ...

J: (interrupting her lawyer) Yes, Bobby and I went to Chico, California briefly, which is near Sacramento, just a little bit south I think. Um, I was gonna work there, I was gonna live there - it didn't work out, we were there for about a week, and we went back. And so then I applied at a restaurant where - I worked at Denny's actually, and the woman there who had gave me a good reference had worked for my dad the previous year, um, her and her husband, so I was hired there -- I think around August, that would be 1998.

(to be continued ...)

Transcript of the voicemail that Jodi left for Travis after she murdered him and she knew he was dead.

"Hey! What's going on? It's almost midnight...uh, anyway it's about the time you're starting to gear up. I know Leslie called you. So, I already talked to her so, uh...you can call her back if you want but it's not necessary. Um...My phone died so I wasn't getting back to anybody. What else, um ...I drove one hundred miles in the wrong direction...over a hundred miles, thank you very much! So yeah. Remember New Mexico? It was a lot like that, only you weren't here to prevent me from going into the three digits, so -- fun, fun! I'll tell you all about that later. Um. Also we were talking about...um, when we were talking about your upcoming travels my way I was looking at the May calendar. Duh. So I'm a little confused. Um -- But Heather and I are going to see Othello on July first and we would love for you to come to accompany us. Um, I don't know when the Crater Lake event is though, but it's on the way, so we could do Shakespeare, Crater Lake and the coast. So...If you can make it. If not, we'll just do the coast and uh Crater Lake. But um, let me know and I will talk to you soon! Bye!"

Oh Poor Poor Poor Jodi she is embarresed :blushing: saying all this in court..YEAH right IMO she is hoping to give the male jurors WEll I will stop there

i have visions of many men and perhaps even woman taping the sex conversation and using it to get some thrills. creepy but true. even though the words were bleeped out and closed captioned it could be erotic if that your thing. i was listening to it and thought i wonder how many are self pleasure themself with jodi voice and his, sad-- but she is getting more attention than so knows i bet. yes jodi your the jerk off -sic- goddess you think!

Some transcription of Video 1 & 2

------------------------

Video 1.

I have a weird feeling, I think she is describing the scene quite accurate only she is the female aggressor she claims killed Travis, and the male aggressor is Travis. (and Travis is Travis) She portrays the Female stern and aggressive and wants Travis and her dead. The male as not really aggressive and comes and goes from the room (Travis = non aggressive in this battle) Female aggressor has a gun, shoots Travis in the head, then she has a knife, standing over him.

The utterances she claims Travis made are probably exactly what he said. She said that Travis even told her (Jodi) to go to hell at one point. He is just struggling to stay alive. I don't find much to disagree with her here except she is the lead actress playing the female assailant not the mystery woman. Her story follows the probably real path as she knows they have evidence of him crawling along into the bedroom toward the hall which is why she says she got him, tried to get him along (to take him to safety) ya sure.

-------------------------------------------

FFW to her indicating she is crouched or kneeling by the bathtub just off the side of Travis in the shower. She is taking pictures. She said he sat down, she looked away for a moment and heard a loud noise and "held the bathtub" (she breaks down at this point in her chair)

Travis is "screaming" She said he kept screaming, but not like a girl.. just "ahhhhhh" then he said "go get help" she said he wasn't getting up he was just sitting there screaming the whole time ((The way she describes him shot in the head, screaming and she was kneeling and put her hand on his back and said are you ok? And she said he got to his knees kind of but his hand holding the right side of his head and he was saying "go get help go get help" (it appears he is probably unaware Jodi is the one that shot him)

(at some point Jodi is helping him, pulling him along, helping him to get away)

she then continues, the female that was attacking them was over him, Travis was bleeding everywhere. (he is alive conscious, breathing, not talking, not screaming, he was just there) I pushed her, she is little bit bigger than me. (man left room) It didn't really deter her. I thought she was the one that had the gun, but. When I woke up he was screaming. I got Travis, he was not like standing up really, he wasn't doing much, i was trying to get him, and, she came back and got him kind of far, like right here, and, he was just, he was starting to get weaker and weaker and the guy came back in, and she said that they needed to do me to.

Because he was there, and he was like no that's not why we are here. He had my purse, which I had on the dresser here. Um, she came after me, she didn't get me, she had a knife. I don't know if she had a gun, I think, I'm guessing. She had a knife (Detective: seems like from what you are telling me she was the aggressor? and he was the more passive) I guess so. Ya I mean there was definitely aggression, as far as I mean I don't know what you define as aggression by, its like, I was, there was a sternness and I wasn't like just free to walk out of there. They had an argument back and forth and she wanted to kill me, and he didn't. (Detective: why didn't they kill you) He said that's not why we are here for.

Ya but he didn't seem to know them (Travis) he was a little out of it, he didn't express any kind of recognition. He was able to say "go to hell" and at one point he said "go to my neighbors house".

Go to my neighbors house. I .. there was just no way out. Um, she had a knife and I don't know...he was bleeding everywhere, it was like, when she rushed me afterward.. I rushed her she came back at me, Travis and I were right about here. Um, and there was a little bit of a struggle with her and I. I was so scared, I'm not a person that fights, i'm not a person who knows about self defense, I took some classes once about 8 yrs ago. So I was not sure I just knew I had to hold onto her hands, she had a knife. In this hand her right I guess? (Detective asks.. her right?) Jodi looks puzzled, or now can't answer.

When I tried getting Travis here he said go to hell and when I came back this way, pushed her, he said go to my neighbors go to my neighbors. I said NO i wasn't going to leave without him, i felt stupid already for trying to run this way, I was going to try to get a phone. I said come on come one! He was naked but I didn't care, i was like Come on! he said "I can't... I can't feel my legs" And they wouldn't let me be by him.

She really really really wanted to From there they were.. i was here, he was here, i had to stay here, I was calling his name.

It was all....so....weird. he was going through my purse. He pulled out my wallet, he took some cash.

She was like, right here.

She was arguing with him. It wasn't super yelling, it was hush, but intense. He got my wallet and, he was looking through it. He got my registration out.

Travis was still alive. he wasn't doing a lot, I could see he was still alive. I left the room. I went down stairs but I didn't have all my clothes.

Detective: There is a reason you did this and you refuse to tell me. Maybe its just because you are cold and calculated.

He is asking her where the gun is she said she doesn't have it. He said that's what people say when they "had" it..you used it, I know you have. You touched it.

Jodi: I don't think i've ever fired a gun, I'd done bows and arrows and squirt guns

Detective: So you are going to continue to tell me you didn't do this.

Jodi: I did not kill Travis. I'm not the brightest person. If I was going to hurt Travis I don't think I could stab him, i'd have to shoot him. Continuously until he was dead. I'm not too worried about prints. I wouldn't stab him.

IF IF i had it in me, the least I would have done was make it quick. He was still alive

Detective: Yes he was, he was alive for a while. and I knew that he'd was shot first and possibly tried to get away and fight back.

Jodi: I think he was in shock. He was here, outside the shower.

Detective: then he was here, you pulled him this way and tried to get away and he could not go any further.

Jodi: he said he couldn't move, he said he could not feel his legs.

(at one point she is pointing from maybe the shower to out of the bathroom toward where the big blood puddle is and says something like "it's not really that far")

Detective: this doesn't make any sense

Jodi: ((making arm movements to say he was still conscious up here)) (waving arms) I'm trying to think... he wasn't standing up. He wasn't on his legs on his feet on his knees, he wasn't walking. I'm trying to think .. he could sort of use his legs but he couldn't stand up.

Detective: Just crawling?

Jodi: ya

Detective: You are going to continue with that story

(chit chat between them)

Jodi: I'd still like to say something to his family. Maybe i could write them a letter

Detective: I don't know. I'm not going to provide you with that address. They know where you are and where you're going to be. Next time i see you you'll be in Phoenix, that cool? Well you're going there regardless.

I found it!!! Thank you!!!!!!! (Can be challenging to find everything available. Here on WS)....you guys rock :hug:

Princesspjs and I are doing some ongoing transcription of Jodi's statements, but since Jodi has said a whole lot of nothing over the last 7 days, we have decided it would be impossible/undesirable to transcribe everything.

Princess is working on the "phone sex" transcription, which I think is really important for all the ways Jodi led Travis to explain certain things. Is there another part of her testimony that y'all think is particularly relevant or interesting that I could start working on?

Transcript of the voicemail that Jodi left for Travis after she murdered him and she knew he was dead.

"Hey! What's going on? It's almost midnight...uh, anyway it's about the time you're starting to gear up. I know Leslie called you. So, I already talked to her so, uh...you can call her back if you want but it's not necessary. Um...My phone died so I wasn't getting back to anybody. What else, um ...I drove one hundred miles in the wrong direction...over a hundred miles, thank you very much! So yeah. Remember New Mexico? It was a lot like that, only you weren't here to prevent me from going into the three digits, so -- fun, fun! I'll tell you all about that later. Um. Also we were talking about...um, when we were talking about your upcoming travels my way I was looking at the May calendar. Duh. So I'm a little confused. Um -- But Heather and I are going to see Othello on July first and we would love for you to come to accompany us. Um, I don't know when the Crater Lake event is though, but it's on the way, so we could do Shakespeare, Crater Lake and the coast. So...If you can make it. If not, we'll just do the coast and uh Crater Lake. But um, let me know and I will talk to you soon! Bye!"

Thank you!!! Very creepy though......moo

Princesspjs and I are doing some ongoing transcription of Jodi's statements, but since Jodi has said a whole lot of nothing over the last 7 days, we have decided it would be impossible/undesirable to transcribe everything.

Princess is working on the "phone sex" transcription, which I think is really important for all the ways Jodi led Travis to explain certain things. Is there another part of her testimony that y'all think is particularly relevant or interesting that I could start working on?

IMO....the whole *vibe * she gives off is just plain psycho....her tone of voice is is incredibly telling....I hope Juan, et all play this up in the X....imo

Thank you all for your hard work! Let me know if you need any help transcribing.....:seeya:

I will ask this here as well as the other thread. I have googled and haven't found this. Was there a time when JA confessed to this murder and was it on tape, or a recorded statement, etc? Or was it just in the defense opening statement? IOW, was it a trial surprise like Casey?

If there is such a record, could someone point me in the right direction? TIA I came into this case late and there is sooooooooooooo much, but I don't have it straight in my mind as to when she actually said she did it.

I'ts not a problem for me, but just FYI, I cannot play videos on threads #40, 41, 42 and 43, unless I open in a new tab, then it goes to the website that hosted the vid. Maybe it is my browser, I am using safari, anyone else is experiencing the same issue? Thanks.

I open it at YouTube or as you say, a new window!

I will ask this here as well as the other thread. I have googled and haven't found this. Was there a time when JA confessed to this murder and was it on tape, or a recorded statement, etc? Or was it just in the defense opening statement? IOW, was it a trial surprise like Casey?

If there is such a record, could someone point me in the right direction? TIA I came into this case late and there is sooooooooooooo much, but I don't have it straight in my mind as to when she actually said she did it.

I guess I'm gonna answer me. I gather from googling "when did Jodi Arias confess to killing Travis Alexander" it happened in opening statement by her attorney. And then again on the first day she testified. So, trial bombshell indeed.

I guess I'm gonna answer me. I gather from googling "when did Jodi Arias confess to killing Travis Alexander" it happened in opening statement by her attorney. And then again on the first day she testified. So, trial bombshell indeed.

I was wondering about this too, as I also came in late on the whole thing. Thanks for the info.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.
Back