FL - Samuel Schnall, 1, dies in hot car, Miami, 6 Feb 2017

This case makes more sense than some. From what little we know anyway. The family member was doing errands with the 1 yr old in their car. When they arrived home they left him in the car for an hour. Wonder if it was a forgetful grandparent who does not usually drive with a baby in the car?

The Florida Department of Children and Families released a statement that said in part, “We are devastated to hear that the child passed away today and will continue to investigate and assist the family in any way possible as they grieve their loss. The family has no prior involvement with the child welfare system.”

Police are also conducting their own investigation.

Police have not yet filed any charges.
http://wsvn.com/news/local/police-1-year-old-boy-dies-after-being-left-in-hot-car/

I don't know the specifics of this case. I can't imagine what this family is going through. This article did help me to understand how something like this can happen, by complete accident, and especially happen more, since rear-facing child seats. On days there was no school, I've driven my kids to work with me, (b/c they normally road the bus), and had to turn around and take them to day care.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...2be35962a52_story.html?utm_term=.5884ba955712

I can't believe how often this seems to happen. :(

I hope this young man's idea/invention helps with this problem.

Melissa Fifth Grader Invents Device to Prevent Hot Car Deaths

http://www.wbap.com/2017/02/06/melissa-fifth-grader-invents-device-to-prevent-hot-car-deaths/

Although until something foolproof is invented, becomes available and is mandatory for all car seat manufacturers, I wish people would just take some good advice and put something important to them, other than the child, in or near the car seat. Purses, wallets, cell phones. Pretty sure if people kept their cell phones in or near the car seat, this wouldn't happen nearly as often as it does. And would also help with distracted driving.

MOO

Yup. It's as easy as getting in the habit of always keeping your bag/purse/wallet etc in the back seat or behind the drivers seat.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Yup. It's as easy as getting in the habit of always keeping your bag/purse/wallet etc in the back seat or behind the drivers seat.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Exactly purse or better yet your phone u wo t forget that,
Put something in the back with the child that u won't forget
Little sticky notes. Don't forget BABY stuck on the dash

Exactly purse or better yet your phone u wo t forget that,
Put something in the back with the child that u won't forget
Little sticky notes. Don't forget BABY stuck on the dash

I know someone that takes off her left shoe and puts it in back.
I thought that was genius.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back