Casey's Pants & the Knife and The Cleaning of the Pontiac

Maybe George, the ex-policeman, who cleaned out the car, told her to clean the knife and pants. or maybe George put the pants in laundry to be washed and knife in dishwasher to be cleaned and Cindy, who behaves like a dependent person or victim, innocently cleaned them or was told to and followed the order. We have all seen George's temper on the TV. It is my opinion that George's angry outbursts are not exclusive to this particular situation or the cameras.

This is what I've thought for a long time. I think GA knew from the minute that trunk was opened that he was smelling decomp. And when he got home he told Cindy she needed to wash them. I also think it's totally in line with Cindy's personality to go ahead and do that. I think Cindy was accustomed to going around and cleaning up Casey's "messes" and taking care of everything.

I noticed in some of the pictures that Caylees doll had a blanket at times. Curious as if it is missing now. It was in one of the pics where she was with her mom goofing off on a couch at jps house.

Isn't she a "nurse"???? (I don't know what her exact degree is.) Maybe the neat stuff works for regular folks, but with her experience combined with George's security/Le background, she knew exactly what she was doing. It's very likely called tampering with evidence.

I strongly agree !
And I think they are just covering their own asses now . I think they should be charged and thrown in the pokie with their beloved daughter . They have done nothing but hinder the investigation with their continued delusional fairy tales .

I suppose we should imagine what we would do if one of our children were facing the death penalty...and I think when GA smelled the car, his LE mind raced ahead to that eventuality and the cover-up began right there. Nobody wants to see their child put to death, no matter what.

Cynthia washed the pants to destroy any possible evidence against her lying daughter, imo.

Both parents have done things that LE should seriously think about in charging them with accessories after the fact.

IMO.

Cynthia washed the pants to destroy any possible evidence against her lying daughter, imo.

Both parents have done things that LE should seriously think about in charging them with accessories after the fact.

IMO.

I COMPLETELY agree. They should already be in JAIL! HONESTLY!!!! :behindbar

I am 100% certain that G KNEW the moment the smell hit him in the face that there had been a dead body in that car and he immediately began to try to cover it up-first move after smelling the decomp? Throw away evidence from the trunk of the car...Next, have wifey wash the pants and the KNIFE and Lord only knows what else-I think they only admitted THOSE things because they were VISIBLE from outside the car and they knew the tow people MIGHT have seen them and note them to the police, SO, they washed them up and acted innocent...like a NURSE and a COP would not KNOW what that smell was...they knew, and they acted...who knows what things they found beneath the seats etc, that were NOT visible from the outside, that they removed and disposed of...I am betting that there was decomp ON the pants and she changed them and threw them in the back-seat and C took it from there and cleaned up the mess for her baby girl...

That was a crime scene and I fully believe they should be prosecuted to the full extent allowed by law for destroying evidence and tampering with evidence...and who knows what else.

If this doll was Caylee’s favorite, why was it not dropped off with her when she was left with the nanny?

Because there was no nanny.

That's a good question. I would like to think at that point she was more worried about Caylee being missing and washed them as part of cleaning up after Casey in a way she was used to. Time will tell if she was *really* cleaning up after her.

I think Cindy is also hyper about her home in an I'd-hate-to-live-with-her kind of way and if something was dirty or smelled it would not be stored in her home until it was clean.

My DD pulled the clothes off her first doll so much the poor thing is still named "Nakee Baby" because that was the state the doll was in while DD was 2-3 y.o. DD also isn't super original with names and named her toys and dolls after family around us, so maybe, just maybe Caylee came up with the idea that way. (It's not as sad to think about otherwise).

If the knife turns out to be a butter knife, it's possible it was to cut Caylee's food when Casey was out driving around and doing God knows what all day. When my kids were Caylee's age I was in too much of a brain fog to have thought of putting one in our van, but it would have been easier to use a butter knife than goop up my fingers everytime I had to shred a McD's cheeseburger when my kiddos were Caylee's age. Just a thought.

They are not part of the original plans, they may have become accessories after that fact though. After Cindy screwed it all up and called 911, damn Casey hadn't got all of her evidence laid out yet! So I think she was still in shock over what she thought was a real kidnapping at the time and thought nothing about cleaning, it's what women do when they are nervous well some anyway.

I am 100% certain that G KNEW the moment the smell hit him in the face that there had been a dead body in that car and he immediately began to try to cover it up-first move after smelling the decomp? Throw away evidence from the trunk of the car...Next, have wifey wash the pants and the KNIFE and Lord only knows what else-I think they only admitted THOSE things because they were VISIBLE from outside the car and they knew the tow people MIGHT have seen them and note them to the police, SO, they washed them up and acted innocent...like a NURSE and a COP would not KNOW what that smell was...they knew, and they acted...who knows what things they found beneath the seats etc, that were NOT visible from the outside, that they removed and disposed of...I am betting that there was decomp ON the pants and she changed them and threw them in the back-seat and C took it from there and cleaned up the mess for her baby girl...

That was a crime scene and I fully believe they should be prosecuted to the full extent allowed by law for destroying evidence and tampering with evidence...and who knows what else.

I agree with you completely. It's just been lie after lie after lie. Cindy also said at the bond hearing that she was in contact with Casey EVERY SINGLE DAY but then in the 911 call she states that she's just found her daughter. There are so many other things like everyone else here has mentioned---it's endless~!~

I think there was something that told her to wash the knife, not nec a blood stain, but just the fact that it was in there....the smell......I mean why only wash a few SELECT things?? Not saying this was the case, but I recall a movie where they made a big deal about puncturing the lungs prior to disposing of a body in water , just so it wouldn't float. That may not have any factual basis....just throwing it out there.

I wonder if Cindy is a little OCD. I have a friend who is and cleaning is almost a compulsion with her.

Some have criticized Cindy for her very neat hair throughout this ordeal.. if she has anything related to OCD that would PERHAPS explain a few things such as this.

Also the kitchen knife thing in her car is not that unusual ... she could have packed a lunch at one point and needed that to cut vegetables or fruit. It could be suspect or completely neutral, IMO

A little?!?! You're absolutely right, but I think it's more than a case of being "a little" OCD. I've long held an image of mom Cindy frantically washing those pants, scrubbing hard at the stains, as if to "scrub away" the family dirt that she didn't want the world to see. That is what hypocrites do. The well-coiffed hair, manicured lawn, and tended garden all fit the perfectionist facade of an individual with deep secrets who will go to any lengths to hide the truth. To be perfectly honest, I'd love to know more about the elder family members.

I am so relieved that someone finally brought up the doll's name. (If it was mentioned before, I missed it. Sorry.) I'm 50 years old, and I've never known of a baby girl who called her doll "Mama". That's a chilling detail and a telling one. It's not key evidence, but certainly an insight into the pathological nature of the relationships and dynamics within this family.

A little?!?!
I am so relieved that someone finally brought up the doll's name. (If it was mentioned before, I missed it. Sorry.) I'm 50 years old, and I've never known of a baby girl who called her doll "Mama". That's a chilling detail and a telling one. It's not key evidence, but certainly an insight into the pathological nature of the relationships and dynamics within this family.

This is something I was wondering about also, my little granddaughter is her "Dolly's" mama. She plays at being the mama or mommy to her dolly as most little girls do. I don't think she would ever consider that reversal of roles unless she was missing that presence/perception in her daily life. Most little girls are imitating the adults around them i.e. their mommies so I am wondering what is wrong with the role models in this little girl's life that she feels a need to name an inanimate object, her dolly, as "Mama". Probably making something out of nothing but I do find it unusual.
JMO
Savannahanna
Giving my 2 cents which isn't worth much!

yeah I keep wondering the significance of the doll clothes myself. I have a 4 yo daughter and NONE of her dolls are clothed so it doesn't seem all that odd to me.
LOL, nor me.

You know, this may seem insignificant or wacky but one thing that bothers me about the doll ... if this was Caylee's favorite doll and if something had accidentally happened to Caylee, wouldn't you leave the doll with her just because she loved it so much? I would say that maybe Casey didn't want to leave evidence but she left plenty of other evidence all over the place regarding her other crimes.

The part that makes me feel that she was in complete denial about the smell was that she took the other items, the backpack etc... and put them in Caylee's room. The discovery documents said that the items retreived from the house that had been in the car had the same smell (actually said undefinable smell). I don't think she cleaned a suspected weapon, washed pants she thought might be evidence, and then put items that smelled like death in the bedroom to hang around. She has and continues to say unforgivable things, but I think she was in a state of mind that few of can understand. Most people whose child/grandchild dissappears don't have to play a life altering game of Clue with their sociopathic kid.

I have a hard time believing that she would toss donated stuffed animals and toys that allegedly had a smoky smell BUT she would place STINKY DEATH toys, backpack, etc. back in place without a few trips through the washing machine (just my opinion). Experts have stated that once a porous surface gets the smell of death on it the item will almost never entirely lose the smell (even with washing).

Why Did Cindy Wash Casey's Pants and the Knife?

To remove clearly evident evidence, of course.

I agree with you completely. It's just been lie after lie after lie. Cindy also said at the bond hearing that she was in contact with Casey EVERY SINGLE DAY but then in the 911 call she states that she's just found her daughter. There are so many other things like everyone else here has mentioned---it's endless~!~

I know. To reference the OJ case when Henry Lee was on the stand (and talking about DNA) he said (paraphrased): "If you go to restaurant and find *advertiser censored* roach in spaghetti do you keep eating the spaghetti?" Nope. Once it is proven that there is no reasonable reason for a blatant lie, then I stop believing that person.

Why Did Cindy Wash Casey's Pants and the Knife?

To remove clearly evident evidence, of course.

No doubt in my mind either!

I am guessing, if my grand-baby was missing, one of the last things I would be doing, would be washing a pair of pants and a knife, from the so-called 'stolen' car! Hmm, that is, unless those pants had obvious stains of some type, on them.

Why did the man at the tow yard throw the bag with the maggots over the fence? IIRC, this was the same man who said "that's rotten" when the car door was open and likened the odor to the smell of death...which he had smelled before. Yet he still threw that bag over the fence.

He was obviously not thinking potential murder/crime scene at that moment, either.

Just something to think about...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoist Gracie