Deceased/Not Found AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #1 *J. Hunter guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
There hasn't been any new news reported, just a repeat of previous days.There is a guy that spent his own money to print up a poster and he stands at the intersection holding it all day. I am going to leave in a few minutes and go right past him and I will drive past the apt and see if anything is going on.

God bless that man, whoever he is.

I agree with you Daisy, the witness testimony about the woman and the black car is troubling. If it was Jahessye being abducted, it seems like LE has no clues. I probably missed it somewhere, but I've not seen any mention of LE reviewing surveillance video, or if there are traffic cams in the area.

If it was not Jahessye being put in that car ... I haven't seen whether Mom had childcare or what hours she worked. Was there a period of time when the kids were home alone after school? What about the summer months, were they home alone then? Wondering if someone had been watching, noting the family's comings and goings and when there were adults around. Could have been a neighbor, someone who regularly visits a neighbor, or a random predator. It makes you sick to think of the possibilities.

Who is the man in Hunter's life currently? Does he live in the home?

I understand Hunter's feelings about the media delving into her past. I'm sure it's painful, especially since from all accounts she has turned her life around. But when a child goes missing as we all know, family is looked at first. Requests for privacy tend to be viewed as suspicious, as we all expect to see parents begging for their child's safe return. The media IMO, is a huge asset in a missing child case. How else can you reach such a wide range of potential witness' or jog memories of someone who saw something which could bring your child home. There's a very small window of media interest in the average case. Today I could not find anything recent in the news, so in Jahessye's case it's already happening.

I'm not one to tell other posters what to think or to chastise them for their ideas or theories. Personally I'm leaning towards someone from the neighborhood, but not excluding an incident within the home which would have involved Hunter.

That's were I'm at as well, which seems crazy in light of her history.

It is horrible to see Jahessey's story drop out of the media spotlight. It does seem like those in the area are motivated to keep it alive.

And traffic cams are only on the freeway here.
http://www.abc15.com/generic/traffic/realtimemaps/traffic_cams/traffic-cams-map

Even if she wasn't abducted on the street if she showed up a traffic cam we would have a better idea of how far she got, which direction she was going, even a better idea of when Jahessey left home.

If we had traffic cams LE might even be able to use them to determine when the mother was leaving/coming home, when she was driving around looking for Jahessey, maybe even if information about about neighbors comings and goings around the time went missing.

Of course LE has witness reports to help them with all of the above, but to have the solid evidence to back up those reports or show who is lying could provide LE with strong leads.

There hasn't been any new news reported, just a repeat of previous days.There is a guy that spent his own money to print up a poster and he stands at the intersection holding it all day. I am going to leave in a few minutes and go right past him and I will drive past the apt and see if anything is going on.

Thank you justjn, its good to hear about stuff like that.:)

I just got home, I drove past the memorial and her apt twice. The memorial is at the intersection, this isn't a main intersection, but it has stop lights, it's more of a side road. There's a memorial on the SE corner with purple and yellow balloons, candles, stuffed animals and an adorable lady bug mini pillow pet. There was a guy setting up a camera on a tripod but there was no reporter with him,not sure who he worked for. I got goosebumps almost immediately,there was not one single person out in the neighborhood. For as many years as I have been driving through and around that area, I have never seen it look like a ghost town. When I came back through I saw one boy, about 10 or 11 and he was in his driveway with two adult men, again no other kids. This area is fairly poor, lots of kids running around and playing, usually unsupervised. It's like time has stopped. We're going to go for a walk tonite and I can take some pics and post them if y'all want.
I think someone asked about sex offenders in the area. In either March or April we got a letter in the mail stating one was moving into our neighborhood. Looking through the listing, I see quite a few that have addresses close to her.
The guy who stands there with signs wasn't out today. Last night on the news he said he spent $50 of his own money to make signs and invited people to come out and help look and hold signs. He said what's $50 when a child is missing?
After dinner I will take a walk and snap some pics if the light is good.

I just got home, I drove past the memorial and her apt twice. The memorial is at the intersection, this isn't a main intersection, but it has stop lights, it's more of a side road. There's a memorial on the SE corner with purple and yellow balloons, candles, stuffed animals and an adorable lady bug mini pillow pet. There was a guy setting up a camera on a tripod but there was no reporter with him,not sure who he worked for. I got goosebumps almost immediately,there was not one single person out in the neighborhood. For as many years as I have been driving through and around that area, I have never seen it look like a ghost town. When I came back through I saw one boy, about 10 or 11 and he was in his driveway with two adult men, again no other kids. This area is fairly poor, lots of kids running around and playing, usually unsupervised. It's like time has stopped. We're going to go for a walk tonite and I can take some pics and post them if y'all want.
I think someone asked about sex offenders in the area. In either March or April we got a letter in the mail stating one was moving into our neighborhood. Looking through the listing, I see quite a few that have addresses close to her.
The guy who stands there with signs wasn't out today. Last night on the news he said he spent $50 of his own money to make signs and invited people to come out and help look and hold signs. He said what's $50 when a child is missing?
After dinner I will take a walk and snap some pics if the light is good.

Thank you. Please update us if you take the walk, as to what if anything you see or learn.

Well, I hope the locals keep giving this girl lots of attention and thought because it seems like she's not getting much national attention.

Too many little ones that are never found. I really hope Jahessye isn't one of them.

It is too dark now to go for a walk so my husband and I are going in the morning. Having 6 kids myself, one of which is 5, this story breaks my heart and doesn't sit well.

Thinking of Jahessye
These parents should NEVER have gotten their children back....

God...I am coming in late here but that article is deeply disturbing. The mother is also eight months pregnant? This is crazy!! Where is that precious angel???

Eight months? Hmm. Now I have my doubts that the mother could reach over through the passenger door (past the steering wheel/whatever) and yank Jahessye into the car. The only way that would work is if Jahessye was standing in the open door, talking to her mother... :waitasec:

I'm just trying to make sense of my own theory here. It may not fit so well, if that was Jahessye that the witness saw. Near-term pregnant women don't move so nimbly and quick.

I see nothing reported on Jahessye since yesteday. Wth?

I don't understand why this story is going cold so soon....even on the local level. This child is only 5 years old. She desperately needs help!

Read entire thread and didn't see this mentioned...when was the last viable sighting other than a family member-slash-eye witness? TIA in case I missed it...

Sorry it took a while to get some pictures. I took them from my truck today, it was way too hot to walk to the corner. Once again the neighborhood was eerily empty. We saw some people heading towards the apt. with food and juice, other than that, not a single soul was out. My album has a few more photos. http://s1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff427/justjn5/

100_1816-1.jpg

Thank God the sisters were all removed from that house, and who knows why they were there in the first place.

Prayers that darling J will be found alive. (I'm sorry, I'm just too lazy to learn the long sequence of letters that they've put together to spell the name Jesse.) If they had put the same effort into making this name so unspellable as they did to raising these precious children, all the kids would be well.

My Goodness, what these siblings must be going thru.. Im not sure if the state is being retro active or not due to the daughter missing but atleast the grandmother should have been in the loop.. imagine if it was your grandchild with a knucklehead daughter that had her kids taken away..

I know there is no real answer to this, but it is so sad to see only 5 pages on this little girl, as opposed to other cases which would be on thread #15 or higher by now...

:(

GLENDALE, AZ - Family and church members took to the street in Glendale Sunday asking for the public's help finding a 5-year-old girl who went missing Tuesday.
Jahessye Shockley's grandmother, Shirley, was just one of about a dozen people along Glendale Avenue handing out flyers and urging drivers and passersby to call police if they have any tips to help find the little girl.

Bishop Tia of the United Power of Faith church said members were walking the neighborhood, schools and parks near 43th Avenue and beyond to raise awareness about the missing girl.

Tia said she's hoping whoever took Jahessye will see the group and return the little girl to a safe place.

On Sunday, Jahessye's grandmother said three other children had been removed from the home and placed in foster care.
This is a little confusing because LE has repeatedly said Hunter is not a suspect, so why did they remove the children?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151