Deceased/Not Found AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #1 *J. Hunter guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a little confusing because LE has repeatedly said Hunter is not a suspect, so why did they remove the children?

They can't remove them just because the mom has a child missing.. the kids must have revealed some type of abuse or the home was unclean or something......it generally takes quite a bit to get a judge to sign off on removal

They can't remove them just because the mom has a child missing.. the kids must have revealed some type of abuse or the home was unclean or something......it generally takes quite a bit to get a judge to sign off on removal

My guess is that the abuse never stopped. She just got better at hiding it.

I so hope this precious little light has not gone dark. We really need the big break in this case.

AZ CPS has taken alot of heat lately for doing too little too late in situations like this. I think that works in the children's favor in this case because there's a lot of pressure on them to do the right thing and remove the children from home until it is proven that they are safe. At the very least Jahessey's mother is guilty of neglect and where there's smoke there usually fire. Especially considering the mother's history of severly abusing her children. This isn't a court of law, the mother has not been charged with abusing her children, she is not innocent until proven guilty. As long there is suspicion she is currently abusing those children the children should be removed from the home until it is proven the home is safe.

I hope that the children are not being physically abused and that the children have been removed because of the neglect, but odds are there is much more going on.

Abusing the children and being responsible Jahessey's disappearance are two different issues. If JH is abusing the children it does not mean she is responsible for Jahessey's disappearance and vice versus.

http://www.examiner.com/crime-media...nues-for-missing-girl-jahessye-shockley-video

Glendale Police officer Tracey Breeden said the girl's mother stepped out for about 30 minutes, leaving Jahessye and other children in the care of a 13-year-old sibling. When the mother arrived home, Jahessye was nowhere to be found.

The video seems to be messed up.

I can't get the video bit that's good news. If there is an eye witness out there who is able to provide such a specific time for when JH left its possible that same person was watching close enough to have seen much more.

Hunter's conviction in a child abuse case "is part of what we are looking at," Glendale police Sgt. Brent Coombs said. "They (investigators) are aware of her criminal history."

Glendale police have said that Hunter is not a focus of the investigation and that they are exploring many aspects of the case.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/community/...issing-girl-siblings-taken.html#ixzz1b3AuEoOV

A court-appointed psychologist concluded Hunter deeply regretted whipping one of the children with an extension cord and that counseling would help her learn more effective parenting skills, according to court records.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/community/...issing-girl-siblings-taken.html#ixzz1b3B8eh5f

:eek:

On Sunday, the children's grandmother, Shirley Johnson of California, said the family is devastated that Jahessye's three sisters, ages 13, 7 and 9, are no longer at home. Worse, she said, is that they have been split up and are staying with three different foster families.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/community/...issing-girl-siblings-taken.html#ixzz1b3BS1CAI

Oh Jahessey I so hope and pray that you are alive and safe. Please be found soon and safe.

Its sad that on top of everything Jahessey's sisters are being separated. Its my understanding that the foster care system is at maximum capacity right now which means that they are in a foster group home as family placements are at a premium. And, depending on their placement goals (with a family member vs. long term foster care) they may continue to be in a group home until they are transitioned to the goal placement.

If they are in group home CPS may work to reunite them in a group home as other children in the group home are transitioned from the group homes to family placements. But then again the foster care is overwhelmed so there's less chance that will occur. Plus while a foster family could keep the sister's together, even if there are three open slots in the same group home because of their ages they may be separated with the older sister in a home for teens and the younger ones in a group home for children their age.

Best case scenario would be for the sisters to be placed with their grandmother. JH has said that the grandmother abused her, but when it comes to the J's sisters being placed with grandma that means nothing as long as grandma does not abuse them.

Every dark cloud has a silver lining, in this case the dark cloud is the quality of care CPS can provide right now and the resulting tragedies we're seeing in the news. The silver lining is the media attention has resulted politicians making it a priority to fix the problem. But the economy here is in a horrible state so they are very limited in what they can do.

I'm just grateful Jahessey's sister's are not with JH. Even if JH has not been abusing them JH is in a MAJORLY stressful situation and its more than likely she has very poor coping skills.

I hope Jahessey is found and soon, every passing minute makes that less and less possible. I understand the logistics of taking her off Amber Alert status, but since she was the only child in the state with that status what would be the harm in allowing her to stay on Amber Alert?

snipped from link:

They are still investigating other avenues (meaning other than just the Mom). According to the article.

Exactly, we don't know how many leads they even have to do that. Does that mean they have leads they are still investigating? Since it sounds like they only had a handful of leads to start with its more likely they are at the point where they will be investigating leads as they come in.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/10/12/20111012glendale-5-year-old-girl-missing-abrk.html

I hate to say it but Phoenix/Glendale MP's are almost common. I am praying for this little one.

Just going back and looking at the media and in that article a couple of things stood out to me.

By early Wednesday, police sought a woman seen putting a child who had similar description to Jahessye in a car near where the girl was reported missing. The car is described as a dark-colored Chevrolet resembling a Malibu. It may be a 1998 to 2000 model, authorities said.

To me "putting" infers that the woman got out of the car, picked up Jahessey and placed her in the car. Lets hope that is the case because that would infer the possible witness would have been able to get a better look at the adult. Also if Jahessey had been pulled into the car, that makes it more likely she was taken against her will as she is old enough to get in the car herself.

A bit further into the article it says:
The girl didn't appear to resist. "It was very casual," Coombs said.

So doesn't that confirm that?

I don't understand why these articles do not include pics of a car similar to the one the witness saw. When I hear a car's make, model and year I usually do not know what the car looks like.

The article also states that LE was stopping and searching cars in the area Tuesday and early Wednesday. I really hope they searched cars at the same time of day Jahessey disappeared.

The article also says that Jahessey is well known in the area which is good.

It also says the car was headed east, which is away from the freeway. Of course the abductor could have turned around.

Coombs said the girl's mother is not a suspect despite comments she made to reporters.

"They're treating me like that -- the interrogations and the way I've been spoken to," Jerice Hunter, Jahessy's mother, said Monday in an interview with the AP. "(They're) very disrespectful."

Coombs said police have treated Hunter no differently than any other mother of a missing child. They conducted an initial interview as well as follow-ups because "people remember things, details, as time goes by."

He said Hunter might believe she's a suspect because "emotions are speaking."

Coombs said Hunter was cooperative with police, and that investigators were focusing their efforts on poring over details from their interviews with family and neighbors, and going over other aspects of the investigation in an effort to find new leads.

Coombs stressed that police still do not know what happened.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/national_world&id=8395115

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member