Armchair psych profile and personal background

Status
Not open for further replies.
And there's Charles Manson's claim that the Beatles' "Helter Skelter" made me do it!!

:what:

You are right, not everyone who was abused becomes a psychopath, but you'd be hard-pressed to find a psychopath who wasn't abused.
Wish I could have said it so perfecly!

I was doing some reading this afternoon about psychopaths who murder (sorry, no link as it was an article from my place of work) and the notion of murdering for sexual satisfaction was discussed.

Nevermind the mental illness, the lying, the living a double life, the *advertiser censored*, etc........why can't we just see that he possibly enjoyed the act of killing?

That idea makes much more sense to me than any other. Yes, he has a mental illness, yes he's a liar, yes he's a *advertiser censored* person, yes he uses many different identities.......but perhaps all of that was aimed at the sole purpose of getting sexual gratification from torture and murder.

:moo:
Too simple, truth, we are animals - we learn by watching big people when we are little people! The big people are supposed to take care of us till we are bigger people. When that gets all mixed up, well LM is going to the post office ..................

Blamed evokes not taking responsiblity, IMO, INFLUENCED , is probably more accurate?

I can't diagnose him because I'm not a professional, lol :) but from what I read online he is the poster child of NPD, possibly malignant narcissism. That in itself is enough to commit such an horrible crime (IMO). Also I suspect that his mind deteriorated in the last years, something definitely happened along the way, even before the cat killings you could see that something was off.
Maybe his childhood, chosen lifestyle, possibly some drug abuse, lack of family support and no real social interation (meeting prostitution clients is business not friendship, living in the cyberworld 24hours looking for negative attention isn't healthy either) all that combined made a lethal combination. I think he was an accident waiting to happen.

Btw, I don't think he has BDD! I think that in the past he thought he was very good looking and was worried about some flaws like hairloss and he just wanted to improve his looks but nothing really major. He wasn't afraid of exposing himself either and people with BDD are very self conscious. IMHO he actually thought that he deserved more, he probably became very upset that in despite of being 'so gorgeous', he was constantly rejected in several auditions and he never reached the famous *advertiser censored* star or supermodel level he dreamt of. And now at 29, he knows that he lost his chance. I thought it was very telling that he wrote "Beauty fades, evil is forever." last 25thMay.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...ed*-ac-a0028.htm"&cd=1&hl=pt-BR&ct=clnk&gl=br
I agree wholeheartedly with everything you have stated aside from your thoughts on BDD. Trust me, I battled it for over 12 years. People want to believe that drugs or something else fueled him to make money via his chosen path. I believe that if anything it was his BDD.

~n/t~ In some of the 6/24 articles quoting the landlord of his previous apartment it was mentioned that the former complex and victim's workplace were very close (1km I think).

With your personal knowledge of the area, would this be the closest convenience store to his old complex?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I recall Magnotta is a smoker which would likely mean frequent trips to a convenience store.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

Sorry for replying so late, Hastings. Today is a holiday here and I'm enjoying every minute before going back to work tomorrow.

The apartment alleged in the media previous to the murder is the one closest to the convenience store. My understanding is the convenience store is located in the Point district. That is where Jun Lin lived. Eric Newman's apartment in May when he committed the crime (allegedly) is in the Snowdon/Cote des Neiges area. About 8 kms. apart. Which begs the question of where, how and when Jun Lin met Eric Newman? I think they may have met at the convenience store. If true, they may have known each other for some time if Eric lived in the Point from Feb 2011 (??) which leads me to believe this was premeditated. The why could very well be jealousy as some have already speculated here. Jun Lin had a lot going for him. He was everything Eric Newman was NOT.

Very good point.... I agree and understand better now :)
Yes, one way or another, Bundy was probably inspired by something he heard or read about someone.

AFAIK, the 'movies made me do it' or 'videogames made me kill' defense never really works, there were cases reported on that truecrime website but none was successful. There was a case here in Brazil where a Med student invaded a movie theater in a shopping center mall and shot everyone with a machine gun. He killed 3 persons plus injured 4, his defense alleged insanity and that he was influenced by some videogame called 'Duke Nukem 3D'. He was sentenced to 30years in prison so I guess his defense tactics didn't work... ;) After a while in prison he tried to murder another inmate and that homicide attempt was probably added to his criminal record. I don't think he will ever leave prison.... (sorry the wikipedia article is in portuguese but you get the idea) Mateus da Costa Meira – Wikipédia, a enciclopédia livre
If anyone remember some major case, please let me know!

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2004-06/18/content_340522.htm
"Briere's claim in the statement that he was incited by kiddie *advertiser censored* prompted immediate and plaintive pleas from Crown attorney Paul Culver and Holly's family for Ottawa to enact tougher laws to combat the scourge of child *advertiser censored*.

Even Briere himself, in his confession to police, made reference to the ease with which he was able to view child *advertiser censored* both at home and at work.

"The simplicity of getting material ... it's close to mind-boggling," he says in the 61-page document. "I have never understood how come the whole thing wasn't shut down, just because of the nature of it. You search for the word 'baby' and it will find stuff there ... it's easy ... you don't need a degree."

"I don't know how it is for other people, but for myself, I would say that, yes, viewing the material does motivate you to do other things ... the more I saw it, the more I longed for it in my heart."

You are right, not everyone who was abused becomes a psychopath, but you'd be hard-pressed to find a psychopath who wasn't abused.

Really? Was Ted Bundy an abused child? Scott Peterson? Casey Anthony? Russell Williams? I suggest you do a little research and you will find that many psychopaths had/have better than average upbringings.

One symptom that does come out is their hatred for their mothers. I don't know why that is.

We also know that he invited the superintendent of his building to come over, thank God he didn't. I wonder though if he was hoping to get two victims in his apartment at the same time? His superintendent was an ex horror movie actor. Maybe he wanted to blame him for the murder if he would have come over along with Jun Lin. Back in 2006 he tried to blame Antonio Minakakis for being part of the credit fraud.

Really? Was Ted Bundy an abused child? Scott Peterson? Casey Anthony? Russell Williams? I suggest you do a little research and you will find that many psychopaths had/have better than average upbringings.

One symptom that does come out is their hatred for their mothers. I don't know why that is.

I've read Ted Bundy was abused and neglected (who knows if it's true or not). His grandparents raised him as their son and he called his bio-mom his sister. It messed with his head. Dysfunctional family roots.
I don't think Scott Peterson was abused but, the opposite over-indulged narcissist his mother was smothering and called him a "golden boy." Zero accountability.
Casey Anthony I think is another Narcissist, borderline and strong indication of sexual abuse from her dad. I have no proof, but it explains a lot to me esp. her anger towards her mo for not believing nor protecting her.
I think all three have NPD and psychopathy in common. They felt they deserved much more in life.

I was doing some reading this afternoon about psychopaths who murder (sorry, no link as it was an article from my place of work) and the notion of murdering for sexual satisfaction was discussed.

Nevermind the mental illness, the lying, the living a double life, the *advertiser censored*, etc........why can't we just see that he possibly enjoyed the act of killing?

That idea makes much more sense to me than any other. Yes, he has a mental illness, yes he's a liar, yes he's a *advertiser censored* person, yes he uses many different identities.......but perhaps all of that was aimed at the sole purpose of getting sexual gratification from torture and murder.

:moo:

I had the same discussion friends last night whilst watching the movie, We need to talk about Kevin. Many believe that a "normal" person is incapable of doing what Eric Newman did and therefore they automatically label them as "insane". There is no question a lot of discussion and debate revolves around this topic. Even experts disagree.

IMO, it all comes down to one question, "Why do we need prisons?" If every murderer has a mental illness, let's build more psychiatric wards."

That left many of my friends speechless and scratching their heads. It takes years and years of following these cases to know the difference, imo.

We also know that he invited the superintendent of his building to come over, thank God he didn't. I wonder though if he was hoping to get two victims in his apartment at the same time? His superintendent was an ex horror movie actor. Maybe he wanted to blame him for the murder if he would have come over along with Jun Lin. Back in 2006 he tried to blame Antonio Minakakis for being part of the credit fraud.

With all due respect, the building superintendent and the retired actor/neighbor he invited over are not one and the same. Both are mentioned in this article:

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...y-was-criminal-act-say-conservative-ministers

I've read Ted Bundy was abused and neglected (who knows if it's true or not). His grandparents raised him as their son and he called his bio-mom his sister. It messed with his head. Dysfunctional family roots.
I don't think Scott Peterson was abused but, the opposite over-indulged narcissist his mother was smothering and called him a "golden boy." Zero accountability.
Casey Anthony I think is another Narcissist, borderline and strong indication of sexual abuse from her dad. I have no proof, but it explains a lot to me esp. her anger towards her mo for not believing nor protecting her.
I think all three have NPD and psychopathy in common. They felt they deserved much more in life.

I also read the opposite for Ted Bundy. Who knows the truth, really. I think it's just a bunch of pyschiatrists who try to look for reasons to label someone. I challenge anyone who doesn't have one trait of dysfunction in their family.

I grew up in a very strict Italian home where curfews were 8 pm and a slap on the butt was what parents did when you misbehaved or disrespected them. Now it's called abuse. Did I grow up in a dysfunctional home? Should I hate my parents for what they did to me and my siblings?

I agree wholeheartedly with everything you have stated aside from your thoughts on BDD. Trust me, I battled it for over 12 years. People want to believe that drugs or something else fueled him to make money via his chosen path. I believe that if anything it was his BDD.
Thank u so much !
NPD, possibly malignant narcissism

Disagree here

Writing on closet door about mirrors that are not there - pretty intense !!!

I edited it out - I get lost here ! Need to be clear IMO he is severe BDD!

Sorry for replying so late, Hastings. Today is a holiday here and I'm enjoying every minute before going back to work tomorrow.

The apartment alleged in the media previous to the murder is the one closest to the convenience store. My understanding is the convenience store is located in the Point district. That is where Jun Lin lived. Eric Newman's apartment in May when he committed the crime (allegedly) is in the Snowdon/Cote des Neiges area. About 8 kms. apart. Which begs the question of where, how and when Jun Lin met Eric Newman? I think they may have met at the convenience store. If true, they may have known each other for some time if Eric lived in the Point from Feb 2011 (??) which leads me to believe this was premeditated. The why could very well be jealousy as some have already speculated here. Jun Lin had a lot going for him. He was everything Eric Newman was NOT.
Just curious -- the signficance of where/ how they met - for some reason that does not matter, IMO, but would love to learn its important if it is an angle I am missing?

CONCUR- believe that if anything it was his BDD.

IMO, his (looks) ruled every minute of his life IMO! NO, every second - big reason why I go suicide -, no makeup, crappy jail garb (unflattering !) , shower with other males
Body image
Body image
Body image
Body image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics