***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
This mugshot really freaks me out. He's NOT ugly & scary & gross. He looks like a lot of other dark, Cajun men I know.

Yep, I agree with that. In fact, he just looks a bit upset that he's been arrested, but really evil. I guess you can't tell by looks alone.

Wow.
This is very hard news to take...painful. Part of me wants to go back in time to having no news, at least then I could hold out hope that she would come home alive. I can't. She won't.

Tears for Mickey and her family.

I am worried about what they are going to tell us in the press conference tomorrow. I am not sure I am prepared for the gruesome details...I can't imagine how her family is handling this, my thoughts go out to them!

Let's not forget Tim Miller & Texas Equusearch & all the volunteers & searchers from many states and the LA community which contributed and gave their all..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ4U-nFPtc4"]Htown Hero--Tim Miller, Texas EquuSearch - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...unick-case?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

It sounds like LPD was somewhat keeping the family informed and that they really did know what they were doing.

I'm really relieved. Because I was starting to have serious doubts. And I LOVE Lafayette. It will always be my "home" because I was born and raised there. I was 30 before I left.

I am not so sure about the keeping the family informed part...it sounded like Charlie was as shocked as everyone else, when some others heard her on TV today...but I do think LE was on top of the case for weeks now.

so sad wrong place wrong time, sadly BW will probally never forgive himself for letting her ride home

I hope not. He seems like a sweet guy and a good friend to Mickey. She rode often at night as do so many other young people.

Everything happens for a reason...even if we don't know what that reason is and it breaks our hearts. I believe that our destiny is written in stone long before our fate is met.

As impossible as it may seem right now, I hope some good comes from this whether it is passing a new law or just creating awareness so that future lives may be saved. They say you can't live in fear but, sadly, we have to with these predators on the street amongst us.

Yep, I agree with that. In fact, he just looks a bit upset that he's been arrested, but really evil. I guess you can't tell by looks alone.

Think this criminal minds video sizes up evil better that words ever could:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf4U8ti8mX0"]Criminal Minds Promo Super Bowl 2010 - YouTube[/ame]

I thought it was an accident all along. Guess I am a bad sleuther!

It would still be a kidnapping and capital/first degree murder if he hit her by accident, kidnapped her and then killed her to cover the accident. With his prior conviction he may have panicked thinking he would be sent back to prison. Particularly if he had been drinking.

Pretty certain it is first degree murder any time someone is killed in the commission of or to cover another crime.

Of course, at this point it does not sound like an accident. What are the odds a prior sex offender hit her by accident!

He could have hit her deliberately. Saw her on her bike, rammed he, etc. All too horrible to imagine.

Poor dear Mickey.

Is it bad to say I hope he fries even before we know the details? Yes, I know we don't use the electric chair anymore. Pity.

No new posts on Find Mickey Now facebook page and Charlie has made her once public page private. Not looking good. My heart breaks for beautiful Charlie :(

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Makes sense now why the DWT didnt come forward

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

This is giving me flashbacks of SL's case/AGT arrest :'( such a shame that nothing has come up since that arrest. Back on topic though, my heart hurts for MS, her loved ones and anyone who has lost a loved one to situations like this, ugh. I just don't get it. I don't even know what to expect from the likely upcoming developments...

I just read from the tigerdroppings site...that he tied up a girl, blindfolded her and raped her, and the DA let him plead down to aggravated sexual battery! He served only 8 years in jail for that out of a 10 year sentence, and it is also said on there that he was a suspect 4 years ago when bones were found in Acadia parish, but they couldn't pin it on him.

:what:

So this case is unfolding in a similar way to Sierra Lamar's case in Morgan Hill, California. We all thought it was going into a cold case, and suddenly they announced an arrest. And it was also based off a vehicle they had seen in various surveillance cameras around the area.

Yep! And now we know why LE didn't investigate all of the WT's called into the tip line.

Also why they chose to deal with the calls, rather than come out and say they had found it already...

Everything happens for a reason...even if we don't know what that reason is and it breaks our hearts. I believe that our destiny is written in stone long before our fate is .

I agree with you completely - car accidents, tornados and floods. But, IMHO, its heartbreaking because this wasn't part of Mickey's destiny or a predetermined plan. IMO, this was about free will, a wrong choice made by a disturbed individual. I know the right thing to do is to forgive, but dang it's hard.

WOW--so many mixed emotions :-/ Very happy the perp has been arrested, so sad that it's for murder. You kinda new it wasn't going to be a good outcome, but there is always hope! My loving thoughts and good vibes are def. w/ the shunick family, have been, but now more than ever! Let's hope they can still bring Mickey home!!!

will KATC show the press conference live tomorrow or is there a better place to catch it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288