Starting from scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.
=========================================

Welcome to WS, bosslady.

Good idea. In all my trying to think of ideas, I had not thought
of this.

Thanks for the welcome, I lurk here alot but don't post that often, I am just so wrapped up in this case. I find it amazing no one has come forward with any information regarding Mr. Kyle and his identity. SOMEONE out there knows who he is, he did not just drop from the heavens, and we all know the answer is out there, but we just don't know where to look. I would love to know if there have been any tips, are people calling LE with a possible identity and we just don't know of it, or has there been no leads at all. I sit here everyday pondering how or why someone would just appear and there be no record of him at all. My mind goes to everything from no family ( but he has had friends in his lifetime, school mates) to someone who the police has put in hiding to government agencies completly wiping him off the earth (a cover up so to speak.) Everyday we here of some of the most strange cases and every day something happens to someone that we can't believe so the possiblities are endless, but if everyone works together something will happen and we will find out the truth.

Thanks for the welcome, I lurk here alot but don't post that often, I am just so wrapped up in this case. I find it amazing no one has come forward with any information regarding Mr. Kyle and his identity. SOMEONE out there knows who he is, he did not just drop from the heavens, and we all know the answer is out there, but we just don't know where to look. I would love to know if there have been any tips, are people calling LE with a possible identity and we just don't know of it, or has there been no leads at all. I sit here everyday pondering how or why someone would just appear and there be no record of him at all. My mind goes to everything from no family ( but he has had friends in his lifetime, school mates) to someone who the police has put in hiding to government agencies completly wiping him off the earth (a cover up so to speak.) Everyday we here of some of the most strange cases and every day something happens to someone that we can't believe so the possiblities are endless, but if everyone works together something will happen and we will find out the truth.

There are lots of leads called in, bosslady-we do not hear of them because they do not pan out. For example, my name and contact info went out on a flyer that was distributed to law enforcement resources, soup kitchens, police departments etc about 6-8 weeks ago. I received scores of tips and leads...it was Mr. Kyle's choice to take the leads that made it through the first round of vetting and run them down with his team, so I have not posted them all here. Just to give you an idea however, my cell phone bill was over $700.00 because I did not know I was on the flyer and ran over my minutes!!!!!! :innocent:

There are lots of leads called in, bosslady-we do not hear of them because they do not pan out. For example, my name and contact info went out on a flyer that was distributed to law enforcement resources, soup kitchens, police departments etc about 6-8 weeks ago. I received scores of tips and leads...it was Mr. Kyle's choice to take the leads that made it through the first round of vetting and run them down with his team, so I have not posted them all here. Just to give you an idea however, my cell phone bill was over $700.00 because I did not know I was on the flyer and ran over my minutes!!!!!! :innocent:
WoW! $700.00 I would of had a straight heart attack! I have another question maybe I have missed it somewhere, is there any reward being offered for any information leading to the identity of Mr. Kyle, it amazes me how some people will hold important clues close to the chest but as soon as you say reward, people that really do know stuff start talking. Someone who knows what happened to him the night he was attacked may come forward or someone who might have heard of the beating by say a friend might come forward. Just curious.

WoW! $700.00 I would of had a straight heart attack! I have another question maybe I have missed it somewhere, is there any reward being offered for any information leading to the identity of Mr. Kyle, it amazes me how some people will hold important clues close to the chest but as soon as you say reward, people that really do know stuff start talking. Someone who knows what happened to him the night he was attacked may come forward or someone who might have heard of the beating by say a friend might come forward. Just curious.

I have been working with Crimestoppers to see if it makes sense to do that-it has been interesting to learn the number of crackpots that come out of the woodwork with FALSE information when there is a reward involved! Who would have thought, right?

and PS I did have a "straight-heart attack"....my cell phone carrier and I are still trying to work it out, lol!!!

I have been looking at a website for hours looking at pictures of missing persons cold cases (North American missing persons Network) and not that I think this is Mr Kyle, but I did find it strange that there is a man that has been missing since 2002 that is possibly dilirious, sunburnt, and may be nude. While I am searching through these I never thought I would find someone that might have gone missing that is actually nude. However I do not think it is him I just thought it was odd. His name is carl sanders from Nevada. Just goes to show you may never know what you will run across.

I have been looking at a website for hours looking at pictures of missing persons cold cases (North American missing persons Network) and not that I think this is Mr Kyle, but I did find it strange that there is a man that has been missing since 2002 that is possibly dilirious, sunburnt, and may be nude. While I am searching through these I never thought I would find someone that might have gone missing that is actually nude. However I do not think it is him I just thought it was odd. His name is carl sanders from Nevada. Just goes to show you may never know what you will run across.
--------------------------------------------

Note:
Please provide link for a person or an article. Thanks.

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200300502S
Carl Steven Sanders, missing since 7/07/2002, from Big Smoky Valley, NV.
He and wife ran out of gas and attempted to hike to nearest main road.
She was found in critical condition. Only Carl S's clothing was found.

...interesting that link says it is common for people suffering sunstroke to disrobe.........

I have a question, maybe I am just missing this. When there is a potential match, it is submitted to BK? And his team? Who is his team? I am going to go back and read this whole board, but, that would help, to know those things. So if what I am gathering is correct, BK is looking at the possibles and saying yeah or no, before it goes any further?

--------------------------------------------

Note:
Please provide link for a person or an article. Thanks.

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200300502S
Carl Steven Sanders, missing since 7/07/2002, from Big Smoky Valley, NV.
He and wife ran out of gas and attempted to hike to nearest main road.
She was found in critical condition. Only Carl S's clothing was found.

...interesting that link says it is common for people suffering sunstroke to disrobe.........

Sorry I need to learn how to provide links not real sure how to do that yet.

I have a question, maybe I am just missing this. When there is a potential match, it is submitted to BK? And his team? Who is his team? I am going to go back and read this whole board, but, that would help, to know those things. So if what I am gathering is correct, BK is looking at the possibles and saying yeah or no, before it goes any further?

Tips should be submitted to the law enforcement contact of the missing person or to FBI Bill typically. If you read most of the current media on Benjaman, he has a forensic geneaologist who is listed as the contact for tips, as well as the Savannah GA FBI. The reason that there is a civilian contact in the articles is because some people do not want to deal directly with law enforcement when calling in tips, so it is nice to give them an alternative.

I have direct contact with Benjaman and Nurse Betty-(we use a pseudonym for his former nurse because she asked us to.) I believe Carolwood also has direct contact with Benjaman. Tips can be submitted through either one of us.

I cannot speak for Carolwood, but the tips I receive are vetted and sent to certain people depending on a certain set of criteria established for me by FBI Bill. For example, someone called me today with a tip that included information which was at a source I could not obtain data from. I sent that tip directly to FBI Bill and BK so they can use LE resources to obtain the information I could not get. Usually, I encounter sources that will give me some basic information and then I can see if I should forward the info on-if I find out that a possible match had a huge tattoo on his chest and three legs I would NOT send that forward.

Does this help?

I do not know everyone BK works with-that is the joy of having a real live UID on the boards...they are contacted by many different resources with offers of help-we at WS chug along with the basic goal of uncovering his ID if we can.

I was thinking about BK's scars, and with one of his scars he feels that he got the injury in his 20's and that he thought he was in Indiana. So...if he was already in his 20's, perhaps he attended undergraduate school in Indiana and then graduate school at U. of Colorado Boulder. Maybe we research Indiana colleges, or has this already been done? If he was Catholic, maybe he attended Notre Dame?

===========================================
Gee, I did not know we were to submit all possible matches to BK before submitting to law enforcment.

I thought we discussed it on this board and if agreed that it could be a likely match, one of us, submitted it to the local LE agency.

Was there a rule passed and I did not notice it?

===========================================
Gee, I did not know we were to submit all possible matches to BK before submitting to law enforcment.

I thought we discussed it on this board and if agreed that it could be a likely match, one of us, submitted it to the local LE agency.

Was there a rule passed and I did not notice it?

Nah dream-

Tips and possible matches are TWO DIFFERENT things, imo. Possible matches should follow the rules that Christine2448 put up on the sticky in the forum. Tips are far less structured.

Here is another example-I received a call from a former NHP (Nevada Highway Patrol Officer) last month claiming that he recognized Benjaman from a protective custody he did in 2001. I sent the guy links to audio and visual of BK; he was still positive. I called the jail where the suspect would have been PC'd-they take prints on the subject but the do not maintain them in a database-they leave them on a fingerprint card and file it with the incident report. The Booking sargeant was kind enough to pull EVERY file for a three year period and go through them by hand to see if he could find the incident the NHP officer remembered. Believe it or not, he found it-it took him 4 days. BK was RULED OUT as a match, but the subject could have been his twin. In any case, this is an example of how I receive a tip and vet it as much as I can before I pass it along. I do not post it on the board because it has been ruled out-I keep notes however.

http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Chondrolaryngoplasty

There is actually a surgery that can be done to shave down the adams apple. I wonder where the scar would appear?

According to this article:

snip:

"a small, horizontal incision is made on the bottom of the Adam's apple.

Little scarring occurs in most cases because the surgeon will usually make the incision in one of the minuscule folds of skin that cover the Adam's apple."

Tips should be submitted to the law enforcement contact of the missing person or to FBI Bill typically. If you read most of the current media on Benjaman, he has a forensic geneaologist who is listed as the contact for tips, as well as the Savannah GA FBI. The reason that there is a civilian contact in the articles is because some people do not want to deal directly with law enforcement when calling in tips, so it is nice to give them an alternative.

I have direct contact with Benjaman and Nurse Betty-(we use a pseudonym for his former nurse because she asked us to.) I believe Carolwood also has direct contact with Benjaman. Tips can be submitted through either one of us.

I cannot speak for Carolwood, but the tips I receive are vetted and sent to certain people depending on a certain set of criteria established for me by FBI Bill. For example, someone called me today with a tip that included information which was at a source I could not obtain data from. I sent that tip directly to FBI Bill and BK so they can use LE resources to obtain the information I could not get. Usually, I encounter sources that will give me some basic information and then I can see if I should forward the info on-if I find out that a possible match had a huge tattoo on his chest and three legs I would NOT send that forward.

Does this help?

I do not know everyone BK works with-that is the joy of having a real live UID on the boards...they are contacted by many different resources with offers of help-we at WS chug along with the basic goal of uncovering his ID if we can.

Thanks. This does help. I must have misread something.

Hey Guys-

I contacted Memorial's CEO today to find out if the fee as reported was still accurate. This is a copy/paste from his response:

"Mr. Kyle and his then identified care giver/guardian were given, in August 2008, 116 pages of pertinent medical records. The material was provided AT NO CHARGE. I do not appreciate the negative characterization of being uncooperative."

I want you guys to know that I did not imply Memorial was being uncooperative-I simply asked if the fee was accurate. So FWIW, Memorial feels STRONGLY that they have given Benjaman all of the relevant data in regards to his stay at Memorial.

Umm. Wow.

I asked how could he be sure if
he wasn't there. He said his friend told him and that his friend also found
clothes in the dumpster. I asked if I could speak to him and he said he no
longer works for RHPD. I don't think anyone thought to use the clothing as
evidence and it is too late now.

respectfully snipped for space. My apologies if this has been discussed already.

Has anyone contacted this "friend" who indicated Mr. Kyle was a vagabond despite him no longer being on the PD? He may be willing to provide further information and cooperate with a contact despite his no longer being on the PD, or working for this particular local PD. Simply because he is no longer with the pd, I would not simply dismiss the possibility of speaking with him. Did anyone have a name for him? Sleuth him? Try to make contact?

I'm assuming based on NB's statement, the clothing was not retained as evidence, despite claims of clothing being seen in the dumpster? Has this been verified? (That the clothing was not retained and actually seen?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge