NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sold on this new revelation by James.

Many things still don't add up. This guy should've come forward by now, if for nothing else than to give the family some peace and solid information to go off of about Maura's state of mind.

Maura was still in contact with her boyfriend Billy the day she went missing and carried items that Billy had given her off towards the mountains with her on her mysterious trip. (Typically if you are over someone and onto someone else with a new relationship, you probably don't carry stuffed animals around that an ex or soon-to-be ex gave you).

This just sounds way more dramatic than what likely is the truth.

Maybe Maura did have some reflecting she wanted to do about decisions, but dumping a guy that lives hunderds of miles away usually isn't cause for running away and not telling anyone and then disappearing forever.

She told billy the day she went missing that she didn't feel like talking much to anyone, doesn't sound like a happy soul to me.

It has always made sense that Maura might have had another guy interested in her, a boyfriend-in-the-wings, whatever you might call him. Some kind of relationship trouble or stress is perhaps the most obvious explanation for her distress on the job as well as the packed room (if she was more or less staying elsewhere, she really had no need to unpack and may have been preparing to move out.). It would explain the late-night motel trip to see her dad (wanting to tell him in person about her situation, and perhaps having put it off and feeling that the car shopping trip and her news didn't go well together). And if she was meeting someone on the trip, it would explain taking the trip to NH/Vt in the first place as well as the alcohol, especially the amount of it.

It wouldn't explain why she had jewelry Billy gave her on the trip or why this boyfriend has been absolutely silent in the face of her disappearance. Since her cell phone was paid for
by Billy's mother, any phone calls to another man would have shown up on the cell records and bill. Not the LE would necessarily have followed up on that (recall that LE never contacted the condo owner Maura talked to) but if the Rausch family had learned of a second "boyfriend," surely they and the Murrays would have wanted to talk to him and have LE interview him.So if there was another guy, she would likely have had another cell phone, maybe a disposable, or maybe one paid for by the boyfriend, adding another cell to his line.

Because he could have picked Maura up somewhere. He might have heard from her after the crash (there was some speculation that she made a cell phone call from the car). He might have run away with her. Or he might have killed her. If there is a "second boyfriend," and her other friends knew of that and didn't speak up, shame on all of them. This story has had considerable media coverage, and there have been any number of opportunities to get that fact out there without going to LE, if that was an issue.

In a way, I hope it turns out there was a second boyfriend; that might get the case moving. Or it could all be just another thing that explains why she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

It has always made sense that Maura might have had another guy interested in her, a boyfriend-in-the-wings, whatever you might call him. Some kind of relationship trouble or stress is perhaps the most obvious explanation for her distress on the job as well as the packed room (if she was more or less staying elsewhere, she really had no need to unpack and may have been preparing to move out.). It would explain the late-night motel trip to see her dad (wanting to tell him in person about her situation, and perhaps having put it off and feeling that the car shopping trip and her news didn't go well together). And if she was meeting someone on the trip, it would explain taking the trip to NH/Vt in the first place as well as the alcohol, especially the amount of it.

It wouldn't explain why she had jewelry Billy gave her on the trip or why this boyfriend has been absolutely silent in the face of her disappearance. Since her cell phone was paid for
by Billy's mother, any phone calls to another man would have shown up on the cell records and bill. Not the LE would necessarily have followed up on that (recall that LE never contacted the condo owner Maura talked to) but if the Rausch family had learned of a second "boyfriend," surely they and the Murrays would have wanted to talk to him and have LE interview him.So if there was another guy, she would likely have had another cell phone, maybe a disposable, or maybe one paid for by the boyfriend, adding another cell to his line.

Because he could have picked Maura up somewhere. He might have heard from her after the crash (there was some speculation that she made a cell phone call from the car). He might have run away with her. Or he might have killed her. If there is a "second boyfriend," and her other friends knew of that and didn't speak up, shame on all of them. This story has had considerable media coverage, and there have been any number of opportunities to get that fact out there without going to LE, if that was an issue.

In a way, I hope it turns out there was a second boyfriend; that might get the case moving. Or it could all be just another thing that explains why she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Maura traveled alone, video proof exists that shows that. If she was meeting a new guy that also attended UMASS with her, She would've not went to the White Mountains to do so. that makes no sense whatsoever.

If Maura was "Hiding" a new boyfriend, her sisters would've known about it and for pete sakes would've said something by now about it and not leave their father in the dark for this long.

If Maura was in a new relationship, then chances are very good that she wasn't in the kind of mood in which she "didn't feel like talking to much of anyone," like she told Billy. Typically the happiest times are when someone just starts out a new relationship. Maura was obviously not happy at the time she disappeared.

Maura is not alive right now and that is a fact.

Many things still don't add up. This guy should've come forward by now, if for nothing else than to give the family some peace and solid information to go off of about Maura's state of mind.

Maura was still in contact with her boyfriend Billy the day she went missing and carried items that Billy had given her off towards the mountains with her on her mysterious trip. (Typically if you are over someone and onto someone else with a new relationship, you probably don't carry stuffed animals around that an ex or soon-to-be ex gave you).

Maybe Maura did have some reflecting she wanted to do about decisions, but
dumping a guy that lives hunderds of miles away usually isn't cause for running away and not telling anyone and then disappearing forever.

She told billy the day she went missing that she didn't feel like talking much to anyone, doesn't sound like a happy soul to me.

Good points scoops! Maybe she was casually dating this guy and some of her friends were reading a lot into it. Also, they may have known about Billy's past cheating and felt this new guy would be better to her. Maura is attractive. I'm sure she was approached a few times at college. Her trip to NH could have
also been a need to reflect on her relationships, along with calming her nerves over her first crash. I hope Renner gets a hold of the suitor. It would be interesting to see what he says on the whole situation.

Maybe Maura did have some reflecting she wanted to do about decisions, but dumping a guy that lives hunderds of miles away usually isn't cause for running away and not telling anyone and then disappearing forever.

Why should he have come forward? What if he didn't have an alibi for that night? If Maura told no one that she was going to meet him then is there really a need for him to involve himself? I know that it may not seem like the right thing to do, but under the curcumstances this guy might be sitting in jail right now for her murder.

I think that Maura not wanting to talk to Billy was her way of saying least as possible as to where she was at. When you say she didn't sound like a happy person of course she wasn't and I'm sure she was especially unhappy with Billy. I certainly don't think that Maura was "over" Billy, but she may have decided to end it with him. I've ended relationships before and while I was not over that person I knew it was the best thing to do. Maybe Maura wasn't running away, but running "TO" someone.

Maura traveled alone, video proof exists that shows that. If she was meeting a new guy that also attended UMASS with her, She would've not went to the White Mountains to do so. that makes no sense whatsoever.

If Maura was "Hiding" a new boyfriend, her sisters would've known about it and for pete sakes would've said something by now about it and not leave their father in the dark for this long.

If Maura was in a new relationship, then chances are very good that she wasn't in the kind of mood in which she "didn't feel like talking to much of anyone," like she told Billy. Typically the happiest times are when someone just starts out a new relationship. Maura was obviously not happy at the time she disappeared.

If anything, she may have been testing the waters. It doesn't mean she was serious--yet or ever. I have to agree. It is odd this boyfriend has not been mentioned before. It does make one wonder if he was that significant. Although, if I use my speculation skills, I could see her pregnant and in a bind. Perhaps, she realized that she would rather be with Billy. I can see her messed up and confused over this. This is all speculation, of course. It all may not be true.

Scoops, I also feel that Maura is not alive, but I would not go as far as stating it as fact. As obvious as it may seem it's still an opinion until they ever find her.

I can't see someone bringing their stuffed animals along to meet a guy for a quiet week in the mountains. Does that make sense to anyone?

I can't see someone bringing their stuffed animals along to meet a guy for a quiet week in the mountains. Does that make sense to anyone?

I don't think that it "doesn't" make sense it you get my meaning. You have to put yourself in the mind of a 21 yr old girl which I'm sure you or I can't. That stuffed animal may have become some kind of security blanket to her in times of stress no matter who gave it to her. Leaving someone she loved (if that was what she was contemplating) is not an easy thing to do even when you have found another, I've been there. As far as having the diamond jewelry with her I don't find that surprising at all as she may not have trusted anyone back at the dorm.

Don't think James is suggesting anything about MM meeting the guy in NH. He hasn't even talked with the guy yet.

(And just because WE don't know about him doesn't mean LE doesn't. I could imagine LE turning up the lead, interviewing the guy, seeing that he was nowhere near the scene of the accident and dismissing his existence as not directly relevant and not worthy of mention.)

You can't say that with any certainty. You can say that it's highly LIKELY, but unless you have seen evidence of this, such as remains (and I'm not in the least bit suggesting you have, don't get me wrong) or police confirmation of this via an autopsy report or death certificate (and sometimes even then) you cannot state that as unequivocal fact.

You can't say that with any certainty. You can say that it's highly LIKELY, but unless you have seen evidence of this, such as remains (and I'm not in the least bit suggesting you have, don't get me wrong) or police confirmation of this via an autopsy report or death certificate (and sometimes even then) you cannot state that as unequivocal fact.

I have seen the anguish in her father over and over again and Maura would not be able to disappear for this length of time (over a guy) and be able to live with herself.

Also, from a technology standpoint, it is almost impossible that Maura could live a new life somewhere and not leave behind a trail of some sort that would be traceable these days. even if maura was the queen of hiding, others around her in her supposed new life would not be able to keep quiet this long or want to for that matter for her sake

From a reality standpoint and after visiting the white moutains and its vast miles and miles of woods, streams, paths that trail off to nowhere, like her own family has been quoted as saying, finding maura would be like finding a needle in a haystack out there. The search attempts that have been done have been very targeted and area-specific, but out there, those kinds of searches are not surprising when they don't turn up anything because Maura was very free to move in any direction at any given time and make use of her natural athletic ability and her hiking knowledge.

I have seen the anguish in her father over and over again and Maura would not be able to disappear for this length of time (over a guy) and be able to live with herself.

Also, from a technology standpoint, it is almost impossible that Maura could live a new life somewhere and not leave behind a trail of some sort that would be traceable these days. even if maura was the queen of hiding, others around her in her supposed new life would not be able to keep quiet this long or want to for that matter for her sake

From a reality standpoint and after visiting the white moutains and its vast miles and miles of woods, streams, paths that trail off to nowhere, like her own family has been quoted as saying, finding maura would be like finding a needle in a haystack out there. The search attempts that have been done have been very targeted and area-specific, but out there, those kinds of searches are not surprising when they don't turn up anything because Maura was very free to move in any direction at any given time and make use of her natural athletic ability and her hiking knowledge.

This does actually happen, Scoops, that someone leaves and are believed dead but they are leading a full life somewhere, under an assumed name. It does happen. In this case, the police won't give out any information about what they have to Fred. It's likely they know a lot more than they're telling.

There was an article posted recently - those who escaped to a different life - and were living in full view of the public. One even had a couple traffic citations, and was using her regular SSN although she'd been declared dead.

There was an article posted recently - those who escaped to a different life - and were living in full view of the public. One even had a couple traffic citations, and was using her regular SSN although she'd been declared dead.

I would very much like to read this article you mention. Is there any way you would be able to find it again?

Thank you in advance.

I would very much like to read this article you mention. Is there any way you would be able to find it again?

Thank you in advance.

I've searched and searched for it - trying to think of Google phrases that would bring the article up. "Missing adults later found alive". "Adults who faked their deaths", etc., but I can't find the original article.

Here are some individual cases I found:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ssing-ex-living-new-life-Mexican-village.html

http://www.newsy.com/videos/man-declared-legally-dead-found-alive-in-vegas/

http://www.eurospore.eu/t1858-news-missing-woman-found-alive-after-40-years

edited to remove a link that is apparently banned. I'll try to find her story - compelling - on another site that isn't banned.

Found it:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1417020/posts

This does actually happen, Scoops, that someone leaves and are believed dead but they are leading a full life somewhere, under an assumed name. It does happen. In this case, the police won't give out any information about what they have to Fred. It's likely they know a lot more than they're telling.

I have also heard about cases where people have disappeared and thought to be dead only to turn up somewhere else living a new life, there was even an episdoe of Disappeared (show on ID channel) that showcased one such instance.

However, we are talking about someone in their 20's who had a great relationship with their family and friends, not someone who was kicked to the curb by family and someone who decided that everyone would be better off is they just disappeared.

I would believe the wild boogeyman snatching Maura up theory way before I would believe that she voluntarily left all of her family and friends in the dust for some mysterious reason, that some seven years later, she still would feel the need to remain in hiding.

scoops, I don't really all the way agree with the "great relationship". She had wrecked I forget how many cars (2?) just before purposely leaving, packing her stuff up, telling her teachers she was leaving, and heading out.

I think she purposely intended to leave for at least quite awhile if not forever, and at that point something may have happened to her that she didn't plan. But it's my belief she intended to be gone for awhile.

scoops, I don't really all the way agree with the "great relationship". She had wrecked I forget how many cars (2?) just before purposely leaving, packing her stuff up, telling her teachers she was leaving, and heading out.

I think she purposely intended to leave for at least quite awhile if not forever, and at that point something may have happened to her that she didn't plan. But it's my belief she intended to be gone for awhile.

Well, we both can agree that Maura intended to be gone for awhile. I would say forever.

I have always believed the investigators, police whatever they call them up in NH, have always been in on more information than they have released and they have (early on) pointed towards Maura being troubled/suicidal)

They didn't back down from their statements about Maura because "New info" led them in another direction, They only did so as a matter of political correctness and proper media disclosure to the public (whenever you can't produce a body to back up your statements).

We can look into and disect every move maura made, but if you look at the actions of police and investigators into this case, that tells its own story right there.

If from day one, Police have been requested by Maura herself to not reveal her future plans and to allow her as an adult to go voluntarily missing so her family would not be able to find her, while the police would technically have to respect the wishes of Maura, they would not then come out and push a suicide theory. That makes absolutely no sense.

A most intriguing post:

http://mauramurray.blogspot.com/

After reading that, if you're game, read the following forensic astrology analysis of Maura's charts, done a few years ago:

http://forensicastrology.blogspot.com/2008/08/maura-murray.html

A couple of months ago i contacted the astrologer who did this analysis and asked her if Maura's charts had changed in any way; she said they had not.

Some of the analysis details seem to contradict a fact or two; also, the time has passed when the astrologer thought Maura might return/contact family...

After reading the article on Mr. Renner's blog, I thought of this analysis, figured id post it.

Its a little disturbing, even if it is logical deduction, to declare it a fact that Maura is not alive.

JMO

In cases like this, I think LE quit checking any activity on the missing person's SSN too soon. I don't think LE would tell Fred nothing, if they knew Maura was alive. She is listed on the NH Cold Case list. Why waste the taxpayers' money on trying to find someone who is known to be alive, but not wanting to come forward? If LE knows that she is alive and does not want to see or contact her family, then LE would probably tell the family that info. They are not going to keep it a secret. There is no law against LE telling the family she is alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17