CA-Amber Leeanne Dubois (14 YO)- Escondido #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering...
has anyone heard anything about Amber having a boyfriend? Or a best friend? Someone close to her own age that she would have confided in or that might know where she was going that morning?
Was she actually seen walking TO the school or AWAY from the school?

Sleuthers,

Need your help in spreading the word about Amber's case. She has been missing now for 18 days and as many of you have suggested....doesn't seem like a runaway. We have just arrived in Escondido to assist her family in her search. Marc will be here tomorrow to help her parents. We are gearing up for a search for this weekend. Please do your best to pass the word about Amber and please keep her and her parents in your prayers.

I will do my best over the next few days to keep you up-to-date with whats going on here. Thanks.

Brad

What has been done regarding K9 searches (live scent) since Amber went missing? Does anyone know?

Thank you again for the interest in Amber's case. The latest:

As mentioned already..the big news for the day is the announcement of the Reward. We hope to have a staging area for the weekend's search by tomorrow. Members of Laura Recovery Center will be arriving tomorrow to assist us.

Tomorrow will be spent scouting the potential search areas, meeting with LE and media and working with the family on establishing a concerted search effort for Amber.

All of your points are noted and I will be spending a lot of time tomorrow walking the route she took and looking at each of these points of interest. I will give an update tomorrow evening.

Brad

This sounds like a well established search, but are the 'potential search areas' those that have been ruled 'potential' because of previous K9 searches (when the dogs have worked / ended up) or just areas-of-interest for other reasons?

I apologize if this has been discussed - I have been away and am now playing a bit of catch up.

We are still unsure of the exact point where Amber was last seen on Broadway. IMO, I'm more inclined to believe that Amber entered the parking lot just south of the football field. I think she disappeared from there.

If Amber left from home and that was the last definite place that she was seen, then you start from there as the PLS.

Volunteers sought to aid in search for Amber
By J Harry Jones (Contact) Union-Tribune Staff Writer
5:00 p.m. March 6, 2009

ESCONDIDO — Volunteers are being sought this weekend to help search for Amber Dubois, the 14-year-old Escondido girl who has been missing since leaving for school on Feb. 13.

A search center has been established at 755 N. Quince Street, just south of Mission Avenue in Escondido. Volunteer searchers are asked to come to the center Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m to 5 p.m. All volunteers must be at least 18, have photo identification, and wear appropriate clothing such as long pants and boots.

At an afternoon press conference in front of the center on Friday, Brenda van Dam, whose own daughter, Danielle, was the subject of an intense county-wide search seven years ago after she was abducted from inside her Sabre Springs home, urged all to come out and help.

“I can't believe I'm doing this again,” she said. “It's very sad to be here today to be looking for another missing child I know that this community has come together before to help find Danielle and give my family closure.”

Danielle's remains were found in the East County by volunteer searchers more than three weeks after the 7-year-old went missing. A neighbor, David Westerfield, was later convicted of her murder and sentenced to death row.

Volunteers are also needed to staff the search center and to distribute fliers. Donations of water and food would also be appreciated, said Marc Klaas, a nationally known missing child advocate helping on the search.

Volunteers can call (714) 883-6076 for information.
Anyone with information about Amber's whereabouts is urged to call (760) 743-TIPS (8477).
http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/mar/06/bn6amber1700-volunteers/

I'm wondering...
has anyone heard anything about Amber having a boyfriend? Or a best friend? Someone close to her own age that she would have confided in or that might know where she was going that morning?
Was she actually seen walking TO the school or AWAY from the school?

I read this about her on a forum – hope it’s ok to post.
  • She had perfect attendance in school and was proud of that.
  • She isn't a wild girl at all. No drinking, no drugs no boys.
  • She loves to read, she loves science and is totally infatuated with wolves.
  • She prefers to draw and write does not have a myspace or facebook page.
  • She has a core tight group of 6 friends that hang out all the time usually at Amber's house.
The last confirmed sighting of Amber was on the morning of Feb. 13, as she was walking to school.
(ref: http://www.10news.com/news/18875326/detail.html)

• She has a core tight group of 6 friends that hang out all the time usually at Amber's house.
[snip]

What a 'gift' she is to her family - Such an impressive young lady.

The last confirmed sighting of Amber was on the morning of Feb. 13, as she was walking to school.
(ref: http://www.10news.com/news/18875326/detail.html)

So she had a group of close friends...i'm assuming they've been talked to and stuff...:(
and noone has been able to offer any kind of idea what might have happened?? :(
This case is really bothering me....
I can't remember....are there houses all lined up on her walk to school?
Do you think they've all been searched?
I think i remember one case where the little girl was walking to school alone and they found out later that she was snatched right there on her way to school by a neighbor down the street from her house...
I wish kids couild stay in groups and walk together....and if that' not possible....i wish they could have a ride to school...
walking to school all alone seems too dangerous...
Her parents are divorced right?
Did i understand that right?
And her Mom has a boyfriend?
Did she live w/ her dad or her mom?
Does her dad have a girlfriend too?
And hasn't the mom and boyfriend taken a lie detector test?
She was last seen at a certain place....just a few hundred yards from the school right?
Did she look like she was walking TOWARDS the school or AWAY from it?
I think i read somewhere that a witness saw her in a rush to wherever she was going...
was she goint the oppisite way?
I'm just trying to get straight what i've read so far.
Didn't her mom say she talked to her in the morning...was that by phone or was she w/ her mom?
That part confused me....cuz i was thinking i read that her mom said that Amber would call everyday after school, but she didn't get the phone call that day, so she went (?) home and heard the recorded message on the machine? Was it on the mom's machine?
Or did she go to Amber's dad and hear it on his machine?
If i read right, that she calls her mom everyday after school, then i'm assuming she was calling from her dad's house?
Or was it just her cell phone?
I'm sorry if i'm a little out of it.....i'm on pain meds right now...
I thought if i tried to type some of it out, i could get a better picture.
Did she leave alot earlier than usual? Why?
Did anyone ask her why she was leaving so early?
Why did she have to walk alone? :(
What happened to you Amber???? :(

(ref: http://www.10news.com/news/18875326/detail.html)http://www.10news.com/news/18875326/detail.html)

Oh God - PLEASE find this little girl! WTH? I can't stand to see any more young kids just plucked right out of their lives and vanishing into thin air!

I am just postulating here....but I bet she woke up before the crack of dawn to greet her lamb at the school farm site and met with foul play on the way... who would be traveling those roads at that time that are in that gray zone? any sos in the area worth sleuthing out that could have been casing out the school route or any school employees???

OK Websleuths members in San Diego and surrounding area's, Tomorrow (Saturday) there is a big search for Amber

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/mar/06/bn6amber192440/

Marc Klaas and Brad Dennis, both good friends of Websleuths, are in San Diego now helping organize the search. One or both will check in with me to update us on the search and anything new in the case.

For some reason this sweet child's case has not generated the normal media attention. Let's give her some shall we?

Amber's family needs everyone to pitch in so even if you don't search you can participate in the thread on this forum.

If we get enough interest we will open a forum for Amber.

~respectfully snipped for length~
Volunteers sought to aid in search for Amber
By J Harry Jones (Contact) Union-Tribune Staff Writer
5:00 p.m. March 6, 2009

ESCONDIDO — Volunteers are being sought this weekend to help search for Amber Dubois, the 14-year-old Escondido girl who has been missing since leaving for school on Feb. 13.

A search center has been established at 755 N. Quince Street, just south of Mission Avenue in Escondido.

Volunteers are also needed to staff the search center and to distribute fliers. Donations of water and food would also be appreciated, said Marc Klaas, a nationally known missing child advocate helping on the search.

Volunteers can call (714) 883-6076 for information.
Anyone with information about Amber's whereabouts is urged to call (760) 743-TIPS (8477).
http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/mar/06/bn6amber1700-volunteers/

I'm sorry I'm so late joining this discussion. Do we have anyone heading up donations for food and water? I know on the Caylee case many of us called local establishments and had them deliver food. I think it was done on an individual basis, and then everyone just posted what they had donated.

Do we want to pick a local establishment and then call in orders to be donated and delivered to the staging site? Is anyone interested in doing this for the search that starts in just a few more hours?

Salem

I am just postulating here....but I bet she woke up before the crack of dawn to greet her lamb at the school farm site and met with foul play on the way... who would be traveling those roads at that time that are in that gray zone? any sos in the area worth sleuthing out that could have been casing out the school route or any school employees???

Who would be travelling those roads at that time is a good question.
Do we know for sure what time she actually left her house?
I thought that her mom said she kissed her bye before she left.
but was it before her mom left or before she left??
There were reports of a van or something trying to get girls to go w/ him right??
Where is this person? Where is this van?
Someone had to see something!!!

Sorry for the delay in the update...been a lil busy...:)

I'm sure each of you understand, I will not discuss particulars in the case or areas we are searching.

But I will try to answer some of the "public information" questions:

1st - the search center is open tomorrow at 8am and is located at 755 N Quince St in Escondido. 18 or older, with ID and dressed appropriately for searching (i.e. boots, long pants, long sleeve shirts, walking stick)

2nd - Amber was walking TO school that morning and was last seen walking along Broadway (near football field) at 7:10am. There have been no CONFIRMED sightings of her since then.

3rd - LE is completely engaged in this case. Their SAR team has conducted extensive searches. They have used "live find" dogs.

4th - The family, LE and volunteers are deeply appreciate your thoughts and prayers concerning Amber and the search effort. I pray we can bring this girl home!

Thank you again for your support - I will do my best to give you an update to the number of searchers etc...tomorrow night.

Brad

~respectfully snipped for length~

I'm sorry I'm so late joining this discussion. Do we have anyone heading up donations for food and water? I know on the Caylee case many of us called local establishments and had them deliver food. I think it was done on an individual basis, and then everyone just posted what they had donated.

Do we want to pick a local establishment and then call in orders to be donated and delivered to the staging site? Is anyone interested in doing this for the search that starts in just a few more hours?

Salem

Salem - Thank you for the offer....we will take anything we can get!!!! I appreciated the food and water during Caylee's search and will be grateful during Amber's as well. If you need to contact me to organize anything like this...you wonderful folks at Websleuths can call me at (850) 525-4807. Understand...I might be busy so if I don't answer leave me a message and I'll get back to you. Thanks.

Brad

I looked up on Google Maps some local places near the command center.

1. Peter's Pizza Phone: 760-738-8650
2. Dippers Pizza Phone: 760-735-8684
3. Subway Sandwich Phone: 760-743-2411

Maybe people who can't be there to search would be able to call in some food/drinks to be delivered to the command center: 755 N. Quince Street Escondido, CA 92025

Blossomfish - thank you so much for looking these places up. There was a number for the search center. I'll call and see how many people have shown up or they are expecting. Do you see any grocery stores or a Wal-Mart that would be able to have water / drinks delivered?

Let me see if I can find out how many people without distrubing Brad - I'll be right back.

Salem

Okay - I talked to Rebecca at the search center. They would appreciate any food or water - snack foods the searchers can take with them would be great! Granola bars, maybe nuts or protein bars. And anything we can do.

They have approx. 100 searchers now and are expecting about 2 hundred more - so she thought about 300 people max.

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member