South Africa - Martin, 55, Theresa, 54, Rudi van Breda, 22, murdered, 26 Jan 2015 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Botha having a hissy fit because Dr T questions HvB's selective memory or the damning evidence the injuries were self inflicted? Botha's theatrics are ridiculous!
He's worried. GOOD. I'm happy.

Justice Leach is making life very difficult for Media 24. Have a look at his comments.

Dario Milo @Dariomilo 7m

Leach - why should a commercial media company have right to broadcast where NDPP objects ?

DAGlnXFUwAE_XKo.jpg

DAGlolNUwAAQsMb.jpg

Dr Marianne Tiemensma

Mr Idiosyncratic‏ @thelionmutters 11m11 minutes ago

Court adjourned for a short break following a heated debate about organising expert witness schedules. @IOL #Vanbreda @TheCapeArgus

Boo hoo. it's not fair. she said he woudn't have been unconscious for that long. Marli had defensive injuries, Henri did not, he stabbed himself. boo hoo.

Tracey Stewart‏ @Traceyams 3m3 minutes ago

State and Defense have agreed that we stand down at this point witness will return on Tuesday 23 May 2017

but we will pp to 22 May, also a Doctor
Monday will only be one witness.

Judge Desai advises that this court will only sit until 19 June then this court won't be available anymore

@CapeTownEtc #vanbreda

:gaah: :eek:hoh:

Hang on, HvB said he wrestled the axe from the intruder. His prints must have been on the axe.

Botha has forgotten HvB's story. Galloway should pick him up on that!

Botha forgotten? I'm assuming that's tongue in cheek. Botha forgets nothing. As for Galloway, there's no way she'll pick him up on that, or anything else from what we've seen so far.

Is Botha having a hissy fit because Dr T questions HvB's selective memory or the damning evidence the injuries were self inflicted? Botha's theatrics are ridiculous!

I would love to have seen this live. I had a peak at the debate on televising this case and unfortunately it looks as though Leach may not be on the side of the media company. I hope I am wrong.

RSBM
Did they search for disposed gloves, eg the very thin stretchy type? I would like to think they did but somehow I doubt whether the searches were much more than superficial according to the evidence so far.

No doubt they were flushed down the toilet.

Botha forgotten? I'm assuming that's tongue in cheek. Botha forgets nothing. As for Galloway, there's no way she'll pick him up on that, or anything else from what we've seen so far.
They want Star Wars booming except when they want silence, to fit with what security and elderly neighbour said.

They want unidentified finger prints on whiskey bottles and other surfaces, except when they want gloves.

They don't want Henri's prints on axe because it means he was the axe man, but they want them there for when he hit the attacker.

Alas he must have cleaned it, or worn gloves.

regarding Dr Marianne's further evidence on the deceased's injuries, can we know what she is going to say

can she summarize what she is going to say and then I can prepare my witness?

difficulty I have is asking witnesses for supplementary affidavits continuously

SG then quotes her report where she states "Henri's injuries were very different from what the deceased's sustained"

SG - so I am only trying to get her to explain why she said that in report why do I need to supplementary affidavit?

Judge Desai - Doesn't think a supplementary affidavit needs to be filed - Adjourns until Monday 22 May 2017

https://twitter.com/Traceyams

Tracey Stewart‏ @Traceyams 3m3 minutes ago

State and Defense have agreed that we stand down at this point witness will return on Tuesday 23 May 2017

but we will pp to 22 May, also a Doctor
Monday will only be one witness.

Judge Desai advises that this court will only sit until 19 June then this court won't be available anymore

@CapeTownEtc #vanbreda

:gaah: :eek:hoh:

What does this mean exactly? I don't know whether Desai means he will not be available or if he means it is the summer break for the judiciary or even that the court building will not be available? Help!

Epstein now in reply for NDPP: blanket ban is being contended for in criminal trials; Ponnan asks even if in public interest?

Epstein -NDPP would oppose broadcasting even if accused wanted the trial broadcast

https://twitter.com/Dariomilo

They want Star Wars booming except when they want silence, to fit with what security and elderly neighbour said.

They want unidentified finger prints on whiskey bottles and other surfaces, except when they want gloves.

They don't want Henri's prints on axe because it means he was the axe man, but they want them there for when he hit the attacker.

Alas he must have cleaned it, or worn gloves.

Oh yes, and they want intruder hairs, and for us to believe the intruder wore a balaclava.

Well Trinity Term starts before then so it cannot be anything to do with the Judicial Terms.

Trinity term: Tuesday, 6th June and ends on Monday, 31st July 2017

Galloway is giving this case away, unless she has some irrefutable evidence that will astound the court she is being negligent IMO.

I have wondered whether there is some really good evidence in the pipeline, eg blood splatters on his clothes etc and she thinks that will convict him without having to argue all the minor points. I can only hope so. At times I think this must be the case because Botha is being pedantic about minor points in order to attempt to give his case some relevance. We can only hope so.

All evidence should be treated seriously by both sides, no matter how insignificant. Compare Galloway's tactics with those of Botha. She doesn't get the most out of any of her witnesses while he maximises every single point, no matter how small. In fact he raises issues that she should have raised and uses them to the defence's advantage. It's the overall 'mosaic' as Nel used to say. Galloway has wasted so many opportunities. Botha isn't being pedantic, he's doing a brilliant job defending a client who appears to be 100% guilty. "Perry Mason" moments shouldn't happen in real life trials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain