Hannah Graham: Remains Identified

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant imagine the Harringtons ever agreeing to parlay with the devil who took their daughter from them. Imo, they have full intentions of seeing him tried in court.

And I think what they think will have a large bearing on how the Grahams feel.

Would he be tried separately for Hannah and Morgan?

Because a trial will gut the families, and maybe because they can find out where others are buried. The Grahams in their statement asked for prayers for the families of those who have not been found.

Convictions aren't always a given, even when there is obvious guilt (see: Casey Anthony).

Would I be happy to see him plead guilty to avoid the death penalty? Sure. Then I know he's away for life and something tells me he'd rather die than be locked up forever.

Sad part is once this evil monster is put away there will be another right behind. Very sad day today. Rip young sweet angel. [emoji120][emoji72]

Excellent heartfelt post, oceanblueeyes...
<respectfully sniped for focus>

Respectfully disagree, Ocean.. Due to the probability of JM having many unknown innocent victims taken in his decade long trail of terror. Imo, a plea deal of LWOP in lieu of the death penalty is possible if JM gives up the identities and locations of his unknowns.. All of them... jmo

And its perfectly ok to disagree, FoxFire.:)

I guess we will see.

Thankfully the Grahams can have a final resting place for their beloved daughter and sister.
Kudos to LE and Longo! I hope that other counties and parishes are taking notes on how to lead an investigation. Longo needs to continue to lecture law enforcement agencies on techniques and how to work the media.
Group hug to fellow WSers.

Some here have suggested that the deputy's interview was strategic, scripted by LE. The more I think about that, the more I have to wonder if it was; the deputy was a sergeant, not a rookie. I have to believe he KNEW he shouldn't speak out on the condition and location of the remains found. I also would think that in briefing the searchers (even though they were LE) they were told to keep quiet about any finds.

It's a fascinating theory that I believe could be true but I can't figure out why.

Would he be tried separately for Hannah and Morgan?

I would imagine they would be since it is two different law enforcement agencies over each of the case.

But I am just guessing. I really think the DAs would prefer to try him separately on each case. It would become very complex to try him on both.

IMO

Perhaps this was brought up way back. But I thought it surprising how quickly JLM become prime suspect and they were able to connect the MH dots so quick. Does anyone else think its possible he was on their radar of suspect in MH prior but they had nothing solid, so they had more of the pieces already in place on him before Hannah. And with what happened to Hannah it solidified stuff for LE?

I see no plea deal in this case. He will be tried separately for each girl. 05 fair fax, morgan and now hannah. JM is innocent until proven guilty of course but I am rather confident the evidence is overwhelming. Remember they are testing his DNA against Alexis Murphys car as well. That could be another bombshell. Morgan's parents said they would be willing to take the DP off the table for the recovery of Hannah if it came to that but I truly believe Chief Longo was determined to find HG himself so JM gets the death penalty.

Once the cases are complete and justice is served the public will be able to request all court documents and evidence records, police report, search warrant. Everyone involved in this case as of right now is of or over 18 years old. I plan on getting a copy of the records myself. I also plan on showing up for the trial.

I would imagine since it is two different law enforcement agencies over each of the case.

But I am just guessing. I really think the DAs would prefer to try him separately on each case. It would become very complex to try him on both.

IMO

Wouldn't it be Albemarle County in both cases?

In any case, it would be separate charges, so I don't see how they could be tried together.

I'm not disagreeing with you but I feel as though you are not really seeing the point I was trying to make. Because my point does not really disagree with what you are saying. Perhaps that it my fault, and I did a poor job of explaining my thinking. Perhaps through an example I can better explain what I meant.

When I lived in NYC I learned to take certain precautions. While I didn't live my life in fear that I would come across the path of someone out "hunting prey", and I enjoyed my mid 20's in the big city. I became acutely aware to be mindful of the very things that could make me far more vulnerable, should I come across the path of the wrong person at the wrong time...(not walking down side street that weren't well lit, late at night, instead taking longer routes to well lit, always populated streets, covering drinks, not separating from friends while "under the influence"). But you are absolutely right even reasonable caution cannot prevent every crime.

This was only my attempt to explain myself because I felt misunderstood. If it is a disagreement of thought then lets just agree to disagree. No reason to argue. My apologies if I caused any offense.

I get what you're saying. I think everyone should be careful in general in life. We live in a world of predators. We also live in a world of sharp objects, germs, bombs, etc.

Bringing up a discussion on how women can protect themselves from predators in the wake of a girl being murdered by one puts some people on edge because it puts us on a slippery slope of laying responsibility of the crime on the person the crime was committed against, imo. The context loads it with implications because there's no shortage of people who really do think it's the victim's fault.

In my opinion there are ongoing conversations on how women can protect themselves but there aren't enough conversations on how we can raise boys (and increasingly girls) to be less violent and self-entitled. Unfortunately is easier to figure out how to use a pepper spray can than to figure out how to (collectively) raise fewer rapists and murderers. But if people have the desire and wherewithall to kill and inflict pain then they'll find a way no matter what the victims are doing so I think it's more important to focus on the perpetrators (and potential perpetrators) rather than the victims.

I cant imagine the Harringtons ever agreeing to parlay with the devil who took their daughter from them. Imo, they have full intentions of seeing him tried in court.

Ocean, about 2 minutes after the 4 minutes & 30 seconds mark of the following video from a 03/2010 candlelight vigil, Gil Harrington gives some insight as to her thoughts on the man that murdered her daughter; Morgan Dana Harrington. jmo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN878keA6K0
CUE Center Missing Persons National Conference-2010

I agree! I appreciate how supportive the Harrington family has been for the Graham family. If I were in a similar situation, God forbid, I'm not sure I could be right there in the the mix, advocating, searching, etc., just out of self-preservation. The Herringbones have honored their daughter so beautifully with their service, and with the relentless pursuit of this beast. I don't see either family entertaining the notion of a plea bargain.

Vigil for #HannahGraham Sunday at 4 pm, Ntelos Wireless Pavilion, Cville. 700 E Main Street

That's at the downtown mall. They couldn't hold it on campus somewhere?

A UVA silver spooned lacrosse player killed his silver spooned UVA lacrosse player girlfriend, and their coaches had been turning their cheeks to domestic violence and heavy drinking allegations for years!

I'm curious why you used the term "silver spooned." If you're using it as a replacement for wealthy I don't see what either party's income level had to do with it. If you're using it as in they were wealthy, spoiled students that's not very victim friendly imo. Or maybe we shouldn't care because they were both wealthy and spoiled?

Such a sad sad turn of events. It's heartwarming to read everyone's sentiments. I can only add one more small comment.

That Hannah looked just like her Daddy. She was his little Princess.

She sure did gliving! And Morgan looked just like her daddy too. IMO.

Imo LE would not even be thinking about plea deals right now. Especially since they are still asking for more tips and evidence. Imo her being found does not equal a neat little case, unless signs of JM are found there too. It would be down to him being the last known person seen with her. That is not a capital charge offense, or any other kind, beyond those already brought. And ultimately, their main goal is to make the make best use of the system to get him charged properly and punished accordingly. They may try to accommodate wishes of the parents, but that is not the priority, it is justice for the victims. And suppose a victim's family did not believe in the DP or in LWOP? The state could not work with that.

Deals may come later, when the state has at least an LWOP case to show his lawyers. But they won't beg him to take a plea, Imo.

Perhaps this was brought up way back. But I thought it surprising how quickly JLM become prime suspect and they were able to connect the MH dots so quick. Does anyone else think its possible he was on their radar of suspect in MH prior but they had nothing solid, so they had more of the pieces already in place on him before Hannah. And with what happened to Hannah it solidified stuff for LE?

I don't think they had any idea who the suspect was because JMs DNA wasn't in any data bank. All they knew is the two cases were linked.

Not until they arrested him for Hannah's case did they have his DNA and I am sure when they entered it in CODIS it came back linking Morgan and the 2005 rape case.

So Hannah's case really helped them solve two other unsolved crimes.

The only way I see JM getting a plea is if there are more victims and he can take them to the location and identify them and tell what happened about everyone. Then DP off the table and life in prison without parole.

I understand, and I certainly don't want to argue. I just find it strange (even with the explanation above from someone knowledgeable) that he not only issued that statement on their behalf but inserted himself into it. He could have helped them write a statement and given it to the appropriate people. He could have directed them to the appropriate people. he could have issued a statement on their behalf and his own statement on his own behalf.

I just find it strange and at the same time hopeful that JM is talking and has admitted guilt.

I've gotten the impression that Camblos agreed to take on this case b/c of the family, esp. JLM's mother and grandmother:

Attorney James Camblos says Matthew asked him to represent him and since he knows the suspect's family, he agreed.

"His family is a very nice family, hard working, God fearing family here in Central Virginia," Camblos said.

http://raycomgroup.worldnow.com/sto...in-charlottesville-court-thursday?config=H264

Very unusual situation to be defending a serial killer in the same county he (Camblos) used to represent as Commonwealth Attorney. I hope he does right by the victims and their families.

So sad to hear this today, and also relieved her family (parents, brother, etc) and friends will no longer wonder where she is. I think Gil Harrington said it best when she said, "There's no Hallmark card for missing." Their pain will never end, and their lives are forever changed. I just hope having Hannah home can help Hannah's family and friends start to find closure. If that's even possible when you lose a loved one so suddenly and so young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie