OK OK - Shannon Baldwin Hokanson, 29, Enid, 27 May 2012

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Missing for more than two years and I can't find a thread for Shannon.

Shannon-Hokanson1-533x400_zps44328134.jpg

Article from 2012:

http://www.enidnews.com/localnews/x2056632590/Public-s-help-sought-in-finding-missing-woman

Shannon Baldwin Hokanson, 29, was reported missing Aug. 7 by family members who reported she had not been seen since May. A family friend reported to Detective Shawn Ramsey that Hokanson was close to her and called or came by weekly. She said she has not seen her and could not contact her and was unable to locate her after making many attempts, Albright said.

Hokanson is the mother of three children and is described as a white female, 5 feet-2 inches tall, and weighing about 150 pounds. She has long brown hair and brown eyes and has numerous tattoos.

http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/shannon-hokanson/

According to the CUE Center, Shannon's tattoos include a frog on her outer leg, unfinished flames down her spine, blue roses on her lower back, a butterfly on the back of her shoulder, and an orange flower on the top of her left foot.

NamUs listing: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/19497/

FB missing page: https://www.facebook.com/shannonswarriors

Woman missing since 2012 was likely victim of a homicide, Enid police say

An Enid attorney recently petitioned the Garfield County District Court to have Hokanson declared legally deceased in an effort to assist her children with death benefits, police said.

“While we are unable to release any specific details, we’re confident our investigation has also identified individuals involved in Shannon’s potential death,” police said in a statement.

Police are asking anyone with information concerning the case to contact the Enid Police Department.

Shannon Michelle Hokanson – The Charley Project

Shannon Michelle Hokanson

shannon_michelle_hokanson_2.jpg
shannon_michelle_hokanson_3.jpg
shannon_michelle_hokanson_5.jpg
shannon_michelle_hokanson_6.jpg
hokanson_shannon8.jpg

Missing Since 05/27/2012
Missing From Fort Wayne, Indiana
Classification Endangered Missing
Race White
Date of Birth 12/02/1982 (37)
Age 29 years old
Height and Weight 5'0 - 5'3, 120 - 150 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Hokanson has numerous tattoos, including a frog with a mushroom on the outside of her ankle, blue roses on her lower back, an orange flower on the top of her left foot, a butterfly on the back of her right shoulder, a heart between her thumb and index finger, and unfinished flames running down her spine. She may use the last names Baldwin and/or Baldwin-Hokanson, and some accounts refer to her by either of those names.

Details of Disappearance
Hokanson was last heard from by phone on May 27, 2012. She never contacted her loved ones again, which is uncharacteristic of her; she usually called her family once a week. She wasn't reported missing until August 7, nearly four months after her disappearance.

Hokanson does have a history of drug use, and drugs could be a factor in her disappearance. She left behind three children. Few details are available in her case.

Shannon is featured on the Charley Project homepage this week.
My heart goes out to her family, including her children, and I hope there will be answers followed by justice soon.

From her profile on Doe Network 3699DFOK - Shannon Michelle Baldwin Hokanson

I bolded information I had not seen before.

3699DFOK - Shannon Michelle Baldwin Hokanson
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: May 27, 2012
Location Last Seen: Enid, Garfield County, Oklahoma

Physical Description
Date of Birth: December 2, 1982
Race: White
Height: 5'0"
Weight: 140-150 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown/ponytail
Eye Color: Brown
Nickname/Alias: Shannon Robinson

Distinguishing Marks/Features: She has a tattoo of blue flames going down her spine, a frog with a mushroom above her left ankle (outside), a butterfly on the back of her right shoulder, and a heart on her hand between her thumb and index finger. She has breast implants and has had a cesarean section.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Initial inquiry underway

Circumstances of Disappearance
Shannon was last heard from at the end of May 2012. She was with M [names shortened to first initials by me] and E. M had her car and she was never seen again. An individual named L came forward and said that M told her that they dumped Shannon on the other side of the Texas border in a body of water.

She would contact a family friend at least every week but she has not made any contact since May.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Enid Police Department
Agency Contact Person: Detective Shawn Ramsey
Agency Phone Number: 580-616-7119
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 2012-10118
NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 19497

Interesting they have names and more interesting still is that they are given in the summary. Strange that this is 9 years and no arrest. Assuming that hearsay is valid.

I just joined today and thought I'd look up a cold case in the town where I live. Nothing further has been released to my knowledge.

244742021_930762047517904_6316998933932890098_n.jpg
19497_107018.jpg

Twenty-nine year old Shannon Baldwin Hokanson was last known to have been alive on May 27, 2012 in Enid.

Shannon was very close to her family, calling or stopping by at least once a week. Her loved ones last heard from her via telephone on May 27th, but any efforts to see or talk to Shannon after this failed. Eventually Shannon would be reported missing by a family friend on August 7th, 2012.

Some sources have said that Shannon was last known to have been with two male individuals, and that one of them was later found with her car, but without Shannon. Another acquaintance would come forward to state that one of the males had told them that they had dumped Shannon’s body in Texas near a body of water. In 2019 Enid Police Department stated that they believe they know who was involved in Shannon’s disappearance, and that they believed she had met with foul play, however they didn’t have enough evidence to press charges.

Shannon is the mother of three boys, all of whom were relatively young when Shannon went missing. They deserve to know what happened to their mother.

Shannon is described as having brown eyes and hair, standing at approximately five foot three inches, and having multiple tattoos: a frog with a mushroom on the outside of her ankle, blue roses on her lower back, an orange flower on the top of her left foot, a butterfly on the back of her right shoulder, a heart between her thumb and index finger, and unfinished flames running down her spine. She has pierced ears.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend
Back