Found Deceased Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is how I felt when I read this quote too.. it implies that all young people in this town/area are into drugs and up to no good... sweeping generalization...

One other thing--I pray that CD has nothing to do with this crime... but I did find it funny that she said she went to high school in B.C.--If I heard correctly during her interview. Yet, she said she knew DS "three years ago." She is 20 right now.. which would make her association with him at the time she was 17...which would likely mean she was still in high school.

Even if I heard wrong...how could she know people her own age and not know what high school they went to? I'm hoping it was just nerves or shock that was playing a role in what she said... but things aren't adding up to me--a sentiment that others have shared..

just my .02c

I don't think she got a regular high school diploma so I am going to guess she dropped out. I believe she is currently in an alternative school getting some sort of high school equivalency degree or something.

Yes it sounds like she dropped out as a teen since she is now completing her education as a mature student. Terry was older and had been done school for years before meeting her. Maybe he hadn't always lived in Blairmore and attended different schools. Maybe he never finished either. I really don't think it's THAT crazy for her not to know where he went.

And the cops would be watching all of them like Hawks right now, she wouldn't lie about something that minor without drawing a lot of attention to herself. So I really think people need to start picking and choosing what things they are going to tear into CD for, because this is incredibly
Insignificant.

She can't win right now, all because she knew this person years ago. If she hadn't addressed the media, people would be speculating why. She did address the media, people are speculating why she wasn't MORE distraught. If she had been sobbing and a complete wreck, people would speculate she is acting or faking it. Guilty until proven innocent, apparently. *smh*

If H was born when C was 17 most likely she was pregnant at 16 AND T would have been 23-24. I wonder if statutory rape was ever an issue. Personally I don't believe there was a sexual assault, however that is just my gut feeling so who knows. I also have alarm bells regarding H turning 3 and C stopping contact with D she claims occurred three years ago. There could be an issue of paternity. I think her interview with the media will come back to haunt her and I truly believe she has more involvement than she has let on. Could be as simple as lying to the police but I think it's odd she was so quick to try to dispel rumours. I also don't know about others but if my child was murdered by someone I knew my first comment wouldn't be "he's a good kid"

This may just be my experience from my small, rural Ontario town, but the cops rarely pursue those charges unless a parent is wanting charges pressed. Unfortunately I know A LOT of girls who got pregnant by older guys while the girls were in HS. But these would be guys their parents already knew they were in relationships with. No one ever batted an eyelash (strangely enough). Police expend so many resources perusing charges of all kinds, it's not common (around here at least) for them to step in unless complaints are raised. Child Services may watch to make sure the young mom is competent raising the child, but that's the extent of It usually.

Daniel (as opposed to Derek) is friends w/TB on facebook...same guy because he has photos on Plenty of Fish as well. His age is different, but same pics, same guy.

Y'all probably already know this, so why did he use "Daniel", and I wonder what he was looking for on POF?

If H was born when C was 17 most likely she was pregnant at 16 AND T would have been 23-24. I wonder if statutory rape was ever an issue. Personally I don't believe there was a sexual assault, however that is just my gut feeling so who knows. I also have alarm bells regarding H turning 3 and C stopping contact with D she claims occurred three years ago. There could be an issue of paternity. I think her interview with the media will come back to haunt her and I truly believe she has more involvement than she has let on. Could be as simple as lying to the police but I think it's odd she was so quick to try to dispel rumours. I also don't know about others but if my child was murdered by someone I knew my first comment wouldn't be "he's a good kid"

I thought earlier in the thread someone said the age of consent in Canada was 16. Not sure if there are any other laws though as far as if it's only legal if it's someone around their age or not though.

Dan**l (as opposed to Derek) is friends w/TB on facebook...same guy because he has photos on Plenty of Fish as well. His age is different, but same pics, same guy.

Y'all probably already know this, so why did he use "Dan**l", and I wonder what he was looking for on POF?

I thought Dan***l was one of his brothers? DS has 2 brothers, Dan**l and Du***n.

<snip> is friends w/TB on facebook...same guy because he has photos on Plenty of Fish as well. His age is different, but same pics, same guy.

Y'all probably already know this, so why did he use <snip>, and I wonder what he was looking for on POF?

What is Plenty of Fish?

I believe the person you are talking about is NOT Derek. It is likely a brother (which is why I edited out his name.) Derek did have a FB page but it was taken down around the time he was taken into custody.

A lot of things don't add up and don't make sense in this case. I don't know what to make of it.

It's all just really upsetting. I can't believe something like this would happen there. It's a beautiful area, and so quiet (normally). I can see something like this taking the community 20 years or more to recover from, if ever. It will never be the same.

Still very offended by the comments by CD's dad about the area. I don't think there is anywhere that drugs haven't gotten into, unfortunately, but it's not like he says. He just seems to be lashing out at whatever he can think of (TB, the area itself). Understandable, probably, but I just don't think he's doing his daughter any favours with his comments.

The same community he's slamming has pulled together to help in whatever way they can, without a moment's hesitation.

What is Plenty of Fish?

I believe the person you are talking about is NOT Derek. It is likely a brother (which is why I edited out his name.) Derek did have a FB page but it was taken down around the time he was taken into custody.

POF is a free to use dating site. Don't ask me how I know I've never used any of them lol

Daniel (as opposed to Derek) is friends w/TB on facebook...same guy because he has photos on Plenty of Fish as well. His age is different, but same pics, same guy.

Y'all probably already know this, so why did he use "Daniel", and I wonder what he was looking for on POF?

That must be one of DS's brothers. I think he has two, one of whom looks like a twin or at least very close in age

Indeed.

Indignity is usually applied to dismemberment or disfiguration... naked or displayed (posed).

There will be more than a simple dump... as was the original point.

As much as people want to positive spin or wishful think, that is just the reality, especially when discussing it on a crime forum.

I don't see the point in speculating all of the horrible things he could possibly have done to the body, until some actual information about it is released. I know the rumours are flying, but until some more information is released I don't see the point in adding to them. JMO.

A lot of things don't add up and don't make sense in this case. I don't know what to make of it.

It's all just really upsetting. I can't believe something like this would happen there. It's a beautiful area, and so quiet (normally). I can see something like this taking the community 20 years or more to recover from, if ever. It will never be the same.

Still very offended by the comments by CD's dad about the area. I don't think there is anywhere that drugs haven't gotten into, unfortunately, but it's not like he says. He just seems to be lashing out at whatever he can think of (TB, the area itself). Understandable, probably, but I just don't think he's doing his daughter any favours with his comments.

The same community he's slamming has pulled together to help in whatever way they can, without a moment's hesitation.

When looking through DS's brother's FB, I saw pics from a party where they were smoking pot and either wrestling or fighting. There was a large group of young people partying in the pics. Anywhere you go, you'll have young people involved in the wrong things (some more than others, of course). I think CD's dad was just being a dad. If I saw my daughter was headed in the wrong direction, especially in a small town, I might consider moving her away from all of it. His statements seem reasonable to me coming from a concerned father (and a man who lost his granddaughter to one of the town's "hoodlums"). I wouldn't take it as an attack on the whole town, but just maybe as an attack on the less than favorable people inhabiting it. He too may have had problems with people there, who knows.

Maybe someone with knowledge of the Canadian justice system can speak to the application of First Degree murder charges (instead of second degree or manslaughter)? Examples?

Not an expert, but since no one's replied, I believe it refers in this case to it having been "planned and deliberate" ie premeditated. It can be also used if the victim dies in the course of a kidnapping or sexual assault (or terrorist activity, etc).

So certainly, police don't believe it was a robbery gone wrong or sudden aggression during a fight, but they can prove either: that DS went to the house to intending to kill them, or that DS was instead attempting to kidnap or sexually assault and it somehow 'went wrong'. I personally doubt the latter.

The POF profile is <snip>-- the photo from the wedding, "my brother's wedding", is the same one some online news articles are using.

I wonder if the media is using a photo of his brother by accident. Because Derek was NOT a groomsman in that wedding.

I believe Daniel is DS's brother. DS's facebook page was reported to have been taken down. DS didn't like to socialize, so I can't see him having a Plenty of Fish account. JMO

I wonder if the media is using a photo of his brother by accident. Because Derek was NOT a groomsman in that wedding.
There are some photos on FB of Derek which he has been tagged in, I don't think they're in the press but it's hard to tell if it's the same person as the one the press are using :-/ On a family members profile.

yes 3 D's in the family.

Would you mind giving me a source for this, I can find only one DS other than Derek. Can't be his twin because, according to the POF profile, there is a two year age difference.

Either way, the point is, he knew either Derek or his brother, who used Derek's photos to post on dating sites, IMO.

I hope the sleuthing of family members, being posted here, doesn't get this thread locked down.

THIS disgusts me, poor baby girl :(

If he did rape her (I believe he did) ,it will take time to get this evidence. It always does. The charge will come later. Also, he may have done this in Terry's home and killed her there, later transporting her body to the other location. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500