Found Deceased Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, fortunately he didn't even think to remove the flag. Not to be facetious, though, it may reflect the suspect's mental illness and therefore inability to think clearly.
Or perhaps it wasn't necessarily planned. The speeding away also hints at panic and getaway, rather than cold and calculated.

There was a picture (I'll have to remember where I saw it and look for it) that showed the side of DS's white van and the back of an RCMP investigation-type-van. The back door of the RCMP van was open. It looked like there was a propane tank sitting in there near the door. Not sure if it means anything. Maybe it is normal to carry gas tanks around in these types of vans. It just seemed odd at the
time.

ETA: Found the pic.

View attachment 81671

If you look through the front window of DS's van you can see the propane tank in the RCMP van.
Anyone know why it's there/what it's used for?

ETA again: Just realized that isn't DS's van but the picture is from the search.
This to my knowledge is not the suspects van.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

I did hear on a live news report that beside where the RCMP tent was set up at the location of Hailey's body there appeared to be something that had been burned. Now, with no photographs this cannot be confirmed.

I've thought the same thing as well. I remember reading in a few articles about the RCMP being at a lot with a tent and burned garbage in Coleman. It reminded me of Noelle Paquette a bit :(

Is it possible that Saretsky made a deal with LE? Lead us to Hailey's remains and we will not charge you with sexual assault or some other charges?
Chances are no. The speed with which they found her after apprehending him hints that there was no lawyer involved, and no deal struck.

There was a picture (I'll have to remember where I saw it and look for it) that showed the side of DS's white van and the back of an RCMP investigation-type-van. The back door of the RCMP van was open. It looked like there was a propane tank sitting in there near the door. Not sure if it means anything. Maybe it is normal to carry gas tanks around in these types of vans. It just seemed odd at the
time.

ETA: Found the pic.

View attachment 81671

If you look through the front window of DS's van you can see the propane tank in the RCMP van.
Anyone know why it's there/what it's used for?

ETA again: Just realized that isn't DS's van but the picture is from the search.

It could be used if there is a fridge in it. The fridge may be used to keep something cool?

POF is a free to use dating site. Don't ask me how I know I've never used any of them lol

Good to see you skib. I was privy to POF site when Victoria Stafford was murdered. Her killer was on that site and dated a few. Sometimes I wish I didn't know so much. Then there was Fetlife with Noelle Paquette murder not far from me also. Her trial slated for April 2016. So warning to people who use those sites. Fetlife..........I cant unsee...sigh. Just bouncing off your post.

Edit: Whoops...it's my first post and I meant to reply to the questions about statutory rape in Canada.

From the Canadian Department of Justice website:
The age of consent for sexual activity is 16 years. It was raised from 14 years on May 1, 2008 by the Tackling Violent Crime Act.

However, the age of consent is 18 years where the sexual activity "exploits" the young person -- when it involves prostitution, *advertiser censored* or occurs in a relationship of authority, trust or dependency (e.g., with a teacher, coach or babysitter). Sexual activity can also be considered exploitative based on the nature and circumstances of the relationship, e.g., the young person's age, the age difference between the young person and their partner, how the relationship developed (quickly, secretly, or over the Internet) and how the partner may have controlled or influenced the young person.

The Criminal Code provides "close in age" or "peer group" exceptions.

For example, a 14 or 15 year old can consent to sexual activity with a partner as long as the partner is less than five years older and there is no relationship of trust, authority or dependency or any other exploitation of the young person. This means that if the partner is 5 years or older than the 14 or 15 year old, any sexual activity will be considered a criminal offence unless it occurs after they are married to each other (in accordance with the "solemnization" of marriage requirements that are established in each province and territory, governing how and when a marriage can be performed, including the minimum age at which someone may marry).

There is also a "close-in-age" exception for 12 and 13 year olds: a 12 or 13 year old can consent to sexual activity with another young person who is less than two years older and with whom there is no relationship of trust, authority or dependency or other exploitation of the young person.

Found here:
http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/rp-pr/other-autre/clp/faq.html

:welcome:

You are right, LoyalSleuth. I was definitely remembering wrong. This picture is actually from the crime scene at TB's house. So, before we even knew about DS.

This actually makes me even more curious about the propane/gas tank.

After seeing the interview with the mother, I believe the child was the initial target. I believe Dad probably woke up and died defending his daughter. I cannot think of any reason for him to remove her from the residence alive and then kill her, unless this was sexual and she was the target. He very well may have burned the corpse to try and get rid of evidence, as they often do. I am so saddened and sickened by this regardless. I pray for healing for all three families....even the perps family's life is now in turmoil. RIP little angel. IMHO

You are right. I was definitely remembering wrong. This picture is actually from the crime scene at TB's house. So, before we even knew about DS.

This actually makes me even more curious about the propane/gas tank.
It's on the front of the RCMP trailer. Standard issue for all camper trailers for heat and or refrigeration.

As much as I hate to say it I felt from the get go Hailey was the target. If Dad was the target and poor little Hailey was just a witness why remove her from the home and then kill her???

I've thought the same thing as well. I remember reading in a few articles about the RCMP being at a lot with a tent and burned garbage in Coleman.

I think that was probably part of the investigation into the murder of the elderly woman in Coleman.

:seeya: Heads up, everyone! New thread coming.

I'll be back in a few minutes with the link.

:tyou:

From this screen capture from a video, it looks like two gas cans just to the left of the blue tent.

Source

Ah, now I think of it, maybe those are to power a generator for lights in the tent. Don't seem to be any power cords.

Dear Websleuths Members and Visitors,

Tonight I mistakenly posted a cause of death for Hailey. No cause of death has been released.

What was in my post about Cause of Death was flat out WRONG!

I hope you will accept my sincere apology and assurance it will never happen again.

To Hailey's loved ones if you read my post I hope you will accept my direct apology to you from the bottom of my heart.

The information was supposed to be edited out of the final piece, but I simply forgot. No excuse but that is the reason.

If you have any questions please email Websleuthscomments@gmail.com

Thank You,

Tricia Griffith
Websleuths.com
TrueCrimeRadio.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors