Zahra Baker Search and Recovery Effort and Input

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarx

Verified Expert/Professional in SAR and K9SAR
Reaction score
Website
www.4themissing.net
Anyone have thoughts or local perspective as to areas in and around the Granite Falls area where someone would dump a body?

Looking for dump areas/pullouts/etc.

Or any other ideas!

I would say we should start with looking at the area. The Bakers lived there at one time didn't they?

I am done in, but I think tomorrow it woudl be a good idea to investigate the granite falls area as well as get the google maps as well as any local input from an granie falls or area locals.

NOw the real work begins.

sarx, maybe you could post that screenshot we took the other day? That might help give folks a visual on some areas. Also, the map we have of the Granite Falls area with the bluff-type area?
And re: searching- it's raining and chilly right now. Not the best, but not the worst either.
Thanks for the thread.

Also- I too am still wondering if there are any locals who can post general locations of dump sites, or sites where people might dump trash. Or sites where teens/young adults might 'party' out of sight of LE. TIA.

I plan to get some google earth shots of all the areas off Christy and Dudley Shoals that have already been or are currently being searched posted when I get off work tonite

Thanks to all locals helping us.
Blessings for all LE and search teams.

The pond???? any news locals????
Is it drained now?

Another thought re: searching- abandonded buildings on properties in semi rural locations. Barns, sheds, etc. Those doing flyovers on google, keep an eye out in the Granite Falls as well as Christie Rd areas, and mark the coordinates. I'll create a radius around them- it has helped in MP's cases in the past. TIA.

Yes, the pond of of Christie Rd. near the radio tower was drained yesterday and turned up nothing (no car, no bone, nada).

I asked this several times yesterday, but never got a response (not one I saw anyway): were 2 ponds being drained yesterday? Someone posted a link to a MSM source that said LE was in the process of draining 2 ponds. I was only aware of the 1 pond near the radio tower. Can you, or anyone else, clarify this for me?

O/T Thank you SO much for starting the breaking news thread, Sarx! I've been looking for breaking news since I came here this morning and having no luck wading through the threads to find it.

I asked this several times yesterday, but never got a response (not one I saw anyway): were 2 ponds being drained yesterday? Someone posted a link to a MSM source that said LE was in the process of draining 2 ponds. I was only aware of the 1 pond near the radio tower. Can you, or anyone else, clarify this for me?

2 ponds TOTAL have been drained. 1 yesterday and 1 a few weeks back. I don't think I am wrong on this, but who knows! I think they got this one wrong, again.

One of the local channels reported that 2 ponds had been drained/searched by LE. I think they meant 2 ponds total. The one they had searched previously back in the middle of October (near the Burke Co. work site) and the one yesterday.

you think they would hide the body on someone's property thinking the cops wouldn't look in those areas?

Thank you. I read at another forum that a local saw on WBTV @ noon report that there was 40-50 searchers out.

Here is the raw video from WBTV of the search today:
http://www.wbtv.com/global/category...default&clipId=5261120&flvUri=&partnerclipid=

Thanks! I hadn't watched a video of this area before so I had no idea of the conditions of the search area. At times it looks like it would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack! Hopefully Zahra will lead the searchers to what they are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk