GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
East, have you heard any bad news about JP? Is he having problems? Man-oh-man, I hope not. I hope he has just washed his hands of it and has just settled-in to the next case. He certainly can't be challenged or reversed (that would prolly please him!!) on the freakin' verdict, so he has prolly chalked it up to "just one of crazy those things." Part of the job...
icon9.gif

And he would be a gr-r-r-reat grand-daddy or "Uncle Bel," wouldn't he? And yes, the stories he could tell!!

His demeanor during that trial really didn't change whether he denied or allowed testimony from either side, altho I could discern a bit of "oh, dammit" when he dealt with Baez at times..:hand:..:eek:...:doh:...:doorhide:... :anguish:...:noooo:..:sigh:..:ignore:. And that's the way a judge should be. Just like here in Raleigh, the principals know each other from talk they hear, from sharing a courtroom together in other procedures, and judges in "past lives" when they have been prosecutors or defenders or both.

Good thoughts to JP!
icon12.gif

(And yes, East, JA is just a tad (!) sexy!!) And Baby, you're nevah too old!!

Well, that probation hearing hearing last Friday landed back in Judge Perry's lap--after Judge Stan initiated it the week before and then went on vacation after recusing himself again. Judge Stan (Strickland?--can't remember his last name at the moment, the original judge in the CA case) had orally sentenced CA to serve one year of probation upon her release and the clerk who typed up the order messed up the part about serving after her release, omitted that part altogether. The defense is saying she served her one year of probation while in jail....and a probation officer saw her one time and that's it. The original judge brought it to everybody's attention 2 weeks ago that he sentenced CA to that one year of probation and then left it all for Judge Perry to sort out. Judge Perry had to endure 90 minutes of courtroom drama last Friday morning and couldn't make a decision until he researched case law. Said he couldn't find any case law in the state of Florida and would have to dig deep. So he's still not finished with CA and her mess. He was his sweet and somewhat jolly, easy going, old self last Friday and it was so good to see him again. I have truly missed him. I can tell he wants to do the right thing but I can also tell that he wants to wash his hands of everything pertaining to CA and never be bothered with her again.

http://www2.nbc17.com/news/2011/aug...3/?referer=None&shorturl=http://bit.ly/pkM2nu

I can't believe nobody heard anything in an apartment complex. When I lived in an apt they lady living the floor below me would hit her broom on the ceiling whenever my toddler ran or jumped across the room.

I agree -- hacking, or chain saws??? They are noisy!! And maybe a neighbor did mention it. I would think the LEOs would have asked around...

If they were bold [and stooopid, stoopid, IMO] enuff to drive to Texas with her body parts (!), seems like they would have done the hacking in the storage facility... (That's what I would have done ??? I can't imagine it, really, but still....) In their living room, kitchen, bathroom??? Dayam.

But the investigators took pipes and drains, etc., so they must have found evidence. If they did do it there, I'll bet that place would have looked like a disco with the glow that luminol would have produced...

Just one big YUCK.

Freaks.

I agree -- hacking, or chain saws??? They are noisy!! And maybe a neighbor did mention it. I would think the LEOs would have asked around...

If they were bold [and stooopid, stoopid, IMO] enuff to drive to Texas with her body parts (!), seems like they would have done the hacking in the storage facility... (That's what I would have done ??? I can't imagine it, really, but still....) In their living room, kitchen, bathroom??? Dayam.

But the investigators took pipes and drains, etc., so they must have found evidence. If they did do it there, I'll bet that place would have looked like a disco with the glow that luminol would have produced...

Just one big YUCK.

Freaks.

I agree about using the storage unit for the dismemberment and after reading about the unit in the search warrant I thought that's where it may have happened. But as you said, LE removed much of the plumbing and traps and I hope there was plenty of evidence to be found in them.

I have never ever thought about killing anybody in my entire life unless it was somebody who had broken into my house...and even then I'm not positive I could pull the trigger. How 2 otherwise normal, rational and sane people could kill.....and then hack up a body into enough pieces to fit into 5 large coolers is just too much for me to imagine. They are freaks.

Note--'his thugs'. And I bet he had a few. GH sickens me.

...and his "goons" (from the now infamous song he wrote about LA)

GH is not a very physically imposing guy himself (5'5" 120), so maybe these mysterious thugs and goons he imagines at his beck and call were a more effective threat to LA.

This is outrageous. I am sickened by our justice system. A defense attorney should provide the best defense under the law: meaning if you're guilty your rights are protected but you're still guilty and you pay a price.

But that's not what happens. What happens is defense attorneys need to "win" and therein lies the huge waste of money and legal manipulation to distort the TRUTH. It's a legal game, not a quest for justice.

I absolutely cannot stand it that AH is having this attorney defend her. And I am paying for it with my tax dollars! Something is so wrong with our system.

I read comments here by others which suggest that Amanda was "under the influence" of GH. I have no facts, but my gut says, hell no. I don't view her as a victim at all. I would not be surprised if she ends up being the instigator of the heinous acts they performed.

You make some good points, Boodles. The defense attorneys have a responsibility to their clients, and to the State if the State is paying, to make sure the client gets a fair trial. That they must do, and I don't have a problem with that. BUT, yes, it seems to be more than that in some cases we have seen, and it's hard, hard to swallow. And what about the victim's loved ones?? I can't imagine.

(And I should add that that is not what always happens, certainly. And we have seen screw-ups and dishonesty on the other side, too. There have been some horrible injustices against defendants as well.)

Certainly the guilty ones will get their come-uppance eventually, most of us believe, but they also need to get it just like their victims were denied it -- here and now. JMHO.

Sadly, we do not live in a perfect world.
icon9.gif

...and his "goons" (from the now infamous song he wrote about LA)

GH is not a very physically imposing guy himself (5'5" 120), so maybe these mysterious thugs and goons he imagines at his beck and call were a more effective threat to LA.

Hells bells, I weigh more than he does. I hope jail life will whittle him down to nothing, muscles are the first to go. .... and the male version of Big Bertha won't have much of a fight on his hands.
I'm sorry, my attitude is very nasty towards these people.

Just one big YUCK.

Freaks.

Forgive me for this post. I have this stuck in my head and I have to get it out.

This is the same man who caressed LA's arms, legs and body. The same man who rubbed her head and wiped her sweaty brow (presumably) when she was in labor with his 2 sons. This is the same man who...God...it just sickens me.....

I can't believe that his ex-wife said he isn't a monster. If he didn't do the unthinkable with the corpse, well then....

It makes me physically sick to think about. I hope that these MONSTERS, yes monsters, rot forever more.

That's my understanding. She had business in Raleigh and saw her boys later that same day, took them out to eat or had wanted to. Was supposed to then meet a friend in Cary that same night and she never showed up in Cary.

So assuming she went to GH's apt and never came out alive you can't help but wonder if they had a neutral public meeting place in Raleigh she could still be alive today :(

I'm also assuming that the children were in the apt when she was killed. I wonder if she was strangled before she was dismembered.

Hells bells, I weigh more than he does. I hope jail life will whittle him down to nothing, muscles are the first to go. .... and the male version of Big Bertha won't have much of a fight on his hands.

My sentiments exactly. I found this forum due to interest in this case from knowing GH. (Good work to all involved btw.) I know GH well enough to hope for life instead of the DP for him. His small stature, love of self, artistic spirit... Hell, he's even kinda' purdy!(Big Bertha...) I'm not a negative person by nature, but this truly has me stuck in a corner. I wish the worst for GH, and don't feel the DP would cut it!

You're right, he never admitted it, I should have worded my sentence differently. Looking forward to seeing if his ex wife retracts her allegations.
I don't have gut feelings very often but I'm having one about this case and the primaries involved. Something, many things, just don't feel right. I'll be glad when more info is made public. To my knowledge, GH's parents in Kinston still haven't said anything via interviews and haven't filed for temporary custody of the children have they?

I believe a previous post stated that they were "given" temporary custody by DSS/Children's Services and do not need to request it.

So currently GH's parents have the kids. LA's dad wants custody of the boys. Has LA's mother or any other family member expressed interest in wanting custody? Has anyone is AH's family expressed interest in wanting custody of her infant daughter?

So assuming she went to GH's apt and never came out alive you can't help but wonder if they had a neutral public meeting place in Raleigh she could still be alive today :(

I'm also assuming that the children were in the apt when she was killed. I wonder if she was strangled before she was dismembered.

I don't know if there was enough of her found in the creek for a medical examiner to be able to determine what the actual cause of death was. I am very interested in that too. If enough of her neck was still attached to her head with a broken hyoid bone that would suggest strangulation.
In my next life I do not want to be a medical examiner.

I believe most if not all NC prisons have weight lifting rooms.

So currently GH's parents have the kids. LA's dad wants custody of the boys. Has LA's mother or any other family member expressed interest in wanting custody? Has anyone is AH's family expressed interest in wanting custody of her infant daughter?

The families from all 3 sides have been quiet for the most part. The father speaking out recently about wanting custody of the little boys came as a surprise to me. I haven't read anything about LA's mom's thoughts about any of this nor anything from AH's family other than the interview with her daughter and custody was not mentioned IIRC. LA's brother in law or brother has a Facebook site up but some of the posts on there are strange too. Too many strange people, too many dark secrets, too many untold truths yet. As far as I know, GH's parents have all 3 children right now. I don't know how old they are but since they run a day care maybe they are physically able to handle 2 toddlers and an infant.

I believe most if not all NC prisons have weight lifting rooms.

Maybe he'll take advantage of it but I can't see him doing anything but sitting quietly in a corner somewhere strumming his guitar.

Maybe he'll take advantage of it but I can't see him doing anything but sitting quietly in a corner somewhere strumming his guitar.

I don't think he will be allowed to have his guitar ::behindbar: so he'll have to strum on something else..........:dervish:

:floorlaugh:

The families from all 3 sides have been quiet for the most part. The father speaking out recently about wanting custody of the little boys came as a surprise to me. I haven't read anything about LA's mom's thoughts about any of this nor anything from AH's family other than the interview with her daughter and custody was not mentioned IIRC. LA's brother in law or brother has a Facebook site up but some of the posts on there are strange too. Too many strange people, too many dark secrets, too many untold truths yet. As far as I know, GH's parents have all 3 children right now. I don't know how old they are but since they run a day care maybe they are physically able to handle 2 toddlers and an infant.

Didn't someone say LA and GH's baby girl was taken into custody by DSS?
I could be wrong about that but I think I saw that somewhere.

:waitasec:

My sentiments exactly. I found this forum due to interest in this case from knowing GH. (Good work to all involved btw.) I know GH well enough to hope for life instead of the DP for him. His small stature, love of self, artistic spirit... Hell, he's even kinda' purdy!(Big Bertha...) I'm not a negative person by nature, but this truly has me stuck in a corner. I wish the worst for GH, and don't feel the DP would cut it!

:welcome5::greetings:

Didn't someone say LA and GH's baby girl was taken into custody by DSS?
I could be wrong about that but I think I saw that somewhere.

:waitasec:

You may be correct. I am not functioning well/remembering much today with this migraine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie