TX TX - Houston, Wht/HispFem 17-30, 95UFTX, upper & lower braces, clothes, shoes, watch, Nov'89

:+:MrTT:+:

Cold Case Files
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 95UFTX

95uftx1.jpg

95UFTX2.jpg
95UFTX3.jpg

95uftx1.jpg

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/6505/76

Pamela was last seen on the morning of September 13, 1982 when she was dropped off at school. Pamela never returned home from school and has not been heard from since. She has a dimple on her left cheek and a small mole under her right eye. When Pamela was last seen she had braces on her teeth. Pamela is of Filipino descent

95uftx1.jpg

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/6505/76

Pamela was last seen on the morning of September 13, 1982 when she was dropped off at school. Pamela never returned home from school and has not been heard from since. She has a dimple on her left cheek and a small mole under her right eye. When Pamela was last seen she had braces on her teeth. Pamela is of Filipino descent

Mr.TT, You may have a match... I read up on it, and the doe found in Houston was killed the same day as she was found. Some agencies list Pamela as an adult run-away, so it is possible she ended up in Texas after spending six or seven years crossing the country.

They're the same height and weight, and size. I don't know about keeping braces on for that long, but it's doubtful she enlisted the care of an orthodontist when/if she was on the run.

Filipino is categorized as Hispanic many times (I was married to a man from the Philippines, so I'm not stereotyping) because of physical (and some cultural) attributes leaning more toward those of Hispanics, rather than people from mainland Asia.

Are you going to call this in to LE?

I was going to mention the years between the two cases.
But since it stated no discussion i left it out and just posted the photo.

As far as calling it in.
If someone with any experience in doing so.
Would like to volunteer to do so.
That would be appreciated very much.

Left a message for Sgt. Jeff Coburn who is handling her case in Merced now. Being the weekend, he wasn't in, I guess. Gave him my number, email and info on Websleuths (that I'm an admin).

In the meantime, I'm going to moving some of these posts to their own area and label as "submitted". Since this is our first possible match in the new forum, we haven't made an official spot yet.

Mr. T - I am praying you found a match! :praying: for the family of Pamela!!!

Left a message for Sgt. Jeff Coburn who is handling her case in Merced now. Being the weekend, he wasn't in, I guess. Gave him my number, email and info on Websleuths (that I'm an admin).

In the meantime, I'm going to moving some of these posts to their own area and label as "submitted". Since this is our first possible match in the new forum, we haven't made an official spot yet.

Mr. T - I am praying you found a match! :praying: for the family of Pamela!!!

Thanks Kimster. I'm so excited I could dance!

There are postmortem photos in NamUs of this Jane Doe:

WARNING - POSTMORTEM PHOTO AT LINK:
https://identifyus.org/cases/926

She doesn't look as much like Pamela in the photos, but I don't see anything to conclusively say it's not.

The Doe Network:
Case File 95UFTX
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/95uftx.html
NamUs UP Case 926 (WARNING POSTMORTEM PHOTO AT LINK): https://identifyus.org/cases/926

95uftx1.jpg

Sketch of Victim

Unidentified White/Hispanic Female
Located on November 26, 1989 in Houston, Harris County, Texas.
Estimated Date of Death: Same day

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 17 - 30 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'1"; 111 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Dark brown hair 7 inches in length; brown eyes.
Clothing: She was wearing a white blouse with black and white-checked trim and Classic Wear imprinted on the left pocket; blue jeans -size 27x27;
white tube socks, white Aerobix-Traxx high-top tennis shoes -size 6; and a white plastic watch with a blue plastic band, "Sergio Valente" Quartz brand.
Fingerprints: Available at the HCME
Dentals: She wore braces on her upper and lower teeth. There are photographs of the anterior teeth and braces.
DNA: Not available

Case History
The victim was located at 1700 Hector, Houston, Texas.

The victim was found in a supine position in the street near a driveway to a residence.

Just a heads up to all the regulars in this forum:

:+:MrTT:+: came up with an interesting possible to this Jane Doe, in the Killing Fields forum (at the link below). She looks amazingly similar to the facial reconstruction drawing, though it's not quite as compelling in comparison to the postmortem photos at the NamUs link above.

SUBMITTED: Pamela Pedro & Doe Network Case File 95UFTX

95uftx1.jpg

One thing that I am seeing that raises doubt, is the shape of the bottoms of their noses. Jane Doe's columella (i.e., the portion of the nose that separates the nostrils) is positioned above the bottoms of alae (i.e., the outsides if the nostrils).

Pamela's columella is positioned below the bottoms of the alae.

One thing that I am seeing that raises doubt, is the shape of the bottoms of their noses. Jane Doe's columella (i.e., the portion of the nose that separates the nostrils) is positioned above the bottoms of alae (i.e., the outsides if the nostrils).

Pamela's columella is positioned below the bottoms of the alae.

I noticed that and wrongly assumed it to be a broken nose. After seeing the postmortems the structure of the nose does appear to be different by design and not by accident as I was thinking.

Such a disappointment!

Don't people's noses change as they age? Could the artist just be having an off day? I didn't look at the post mortem pics, but those are just questions that came to me so that this isn't just dismissed without it being checked out...

Don't people's noses change as they age? Could the artist just be having an off day? I didn't look at the post mortem pics, but those are just questions that came to me so that this isn't just dismissed without it being checked out...

You are right that we would not want to rely on the accuracy of an artist. And the postmortem photo is taken from a low angle, so it's difficult to compare with 100% confidence.

Yes, noses do change with age. They get larger at the tip, and they broaden at the alae. I'm not sure though, whether structural changes, such as the relative positioning of the alae and columella do change.

I would say it's still close enough that I would want confirmation via DNA, Fingerprints, or dentals.

I'm not sure though, whether structural changes, such as the relative positioning of the alae and columella do change.

weirder things have happened...

Attachments

• noses.jpg
    noses.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 88
I spoke with the Sgt. and Detective Ruiz, who is actually handling this case. Both were super nice! I gave them a link to this thread so :seeya:!

Det. Ruiz said there was a rule out on this match back in 2008, but there has been more information taken since then so he'll double check on it. But so far, it looks like we aren't going to connect with this case.

The good news is that Pamela might still be alive and well out there somewhere. The bad news is that our doe still doesn't have a name.

Will keep you guys updated and Mr TT - Great job! :hug:

I spoke with the Sgt. and Detective Ruiz, who is actually handling this case. Both were super nice! I gave them a link to this thread so :seeya:!

Det. Ruiz said there was a rule out on this match back in 2008, but there has been more information taken since then so he'll double check on it. But so far, it looks like we aren't going to connect with this case.

The good news is that Pamela might still be alive and well out there somewhere. The bad news is that our doe still doesn't have a name.

Will keep you guys updated and Mr TT - Great job! :hug:

Det. Ruiz said there was a rule out on this match back in 2008

Would be nice if they tell you what method was used to rule her out
in 2008.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members