George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #13 Thursday July 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing wrong in the above......Zimmerman NEVER said to the non emergency dispatcher that Trayvon was circling his car. Zimmerman claimed that he said that to the dispatcher during the walk through with LE the next day.

He also told LE that the dispatcher asked him to get the "exact address". Did not happen. :twocents:

From what I remember, she hit a tree at full force, not just fell in the snow, and also chose not to go to the emergency room.

absolutely incorrect.

The actress, who was not wearing a helmet, suffered what initially appeared to be a benign fall, not hitting anyone or anything else, according to the resort.

"She showed no injuries," Mont Tremblant spokeswoman Lyne Lortie told CBC News on Tuesday. "She was talking. She seemed all right. But [the ski patrol] have to follow strict procedures, so they brought her back to the bottom of the slope."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/media/story/2009/03/18/richardson-natasha-ny.html

Attorney West better watch it he is very close to getting a sanction. How many times does the judge have to say "Don't use the word trick."
She has to keep reminding him of Court Room procedures...something serious is wrong with him. IMO

During deliberations, will the jury know the jail sentences that go along with manslaughter verdicts? Will they know that GZ could get 30 yrs to life if they go with a 'lesser' sentence?

I just heard on WFTV that the jurors will not know what the sentencing guidelines/penalties are when they go to deliberate.

jmo If someone attacked me and I had to shoot them, I am not doing cpr. I am both a mother and an RN.

Wait he has security video but does not need to show it to Jurors?? Is that right?

The video was introduced into evidence and shown to the jury during the prosecutions case - I believe when the man from the security camera company testified. He chose not to show it again during his closing. The jury will be able to view it again when they deliberate if they choose to do so.

I haven't been able to follow this case as much as some but does anyone know if GZ called 911 to let them know he shot someone?

No the neighbour called. GZ holstered his gun was walking up and down and asked the neighbour to call his wife. And no he did not attempt CPR or any kind of first aid.

Was George in a job dealing with real estate? I would understand protecting the home values in a complex by ridding it of crime, but I wouldn't understand stalking and shooting someone because all that does it prove the complex is not safe. Just another thing that my brain is thinking about. IMO

absolutely incorrect.

The actress, who was not wearing a helmet, suffered what initially appeared to be a benign fall, not hitting anyone or anything else, according to the resort.

"She showed no injuries," Mont Tremblant spokeswoman Lyne Lortie told CBC News on Tuesday. "She was talking. She seemed all right. But [the ski patrol] have to follow strict procedures, so they brought her back to the bottom of the slope."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/media/story/2009/03/18/richardson-natasha-ny.html

Once again I have already answered to this, thanks

That was considered, however it is impossible to duplicate the identical situation/emotion was why it was not. GZ did not lawyer up, took a poly test, etc. Believe I am right, not 100% in my opinion.

Back to reading, way behind. Thanks to all for your input.
Yup, willingly sybmitted to 2 polys and a voice id test by the FBI. We've heard he passed the polys and FBI determined that no definitive results could be determined with the voice. IMO<IMO<IMO

WHYWHYWHY....why not let security videos come in. It could have been in favor of Trayvon or Zimmerman.

I think some of the prosecution closing moved me a bit. I think Zimmerman probably wasn't 100% honest, but I also think Trayvon texts, facebook and emails should have come in, as did Zimmerman's fight training. Or lack of.

We'll never know what was on these videos but given the Judge is so anti-Defense my guess is they were favorable to GZ.

I just heard on WFTV that the jurors will not know what the sentencing guidelines/penalties are when they go to deliberate.

As much as I want GZ to be acquitted (because I believe he is 100% innocent) I actually agree that potential sentencing should not be a factor in a jury's deliberations on guilt or innocence.

I haven't been able to follow this case as much as some but does anyone know if GZ called 911 to let them know he shot someone?
NEN had already told him LE was on the way. They arrived on scene seconds after the shot was fired. IMO<IMO<IMO

Zimmerman's gun is not a revolver, it shoots like one, pre-cocked.
You must slide it to chamber a round, it has no safety.
The smaller the gun the harder to control recoil.
In the case of this gun....it can be painful.
Read 2.
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/03/foghorn/the-truth-about-george-zimmermans-kel-tec-pf-9/

i guess degree of recoil is subjective:

I have read a few complaints about the PF-9's recoil, and I have to say that I don't agree with them. A couple online "reviews" seem to feed off each other, with both likening the PF-9's recoil to the kick of a mule. I fail to see the reason for these and similar comments, as the gun didn't seem to kick much for me, and I fired a variety of ammo in it.

http://hunting.about.com/od/guns/ss/kel-tec-pf-9-9mm-compact-pistol-review_4.htm

That was considered, however it is impossible to duplicate the identical situation/emotion was why it was not. GZ did not lawyer up, took a poly test, etc. Believe I am right, not 100% in my opinion.

Back to reading, way behind. Thanks to all for your input.

Yes GZ took a poly and passed. There are recordings of TMs voice out there on Youtube and he has a much deeper voice than GZ. The prosecution would have used the recordings if they would have helped the state and if TM wasn't talking about fighting. He was in fight mode that night when GZ defended himself against his barrage of punches. MOO IMO

I am 50 + and was suspended from school numerous times lol, I have never been arrested and own a multimillion dollar business, mistakes you make as kids do not mean you will be a criminal. IMO

Exactly.

Let's not forget that GZ was an adult and HAD been arrested. Since neither the suspensions, nor GZ's violent past has come into the trial, maybe we should leave it alone. :twocents:

If they were standing up, TM's shirt would not have been away from his body. That's just a fact of gravity. If GZ had pulled TM's shirt away from his body, the trajectory of the bullet wouldn't have lined up from where it entered the hoodie - inner shirt - body. Just simple physics, IMO and testified to in court. So why would MOM argue to something that was physically impossible? IMO< IMO< IMO

Not in full upright but in the motion of getting up.

You have to remeber that his wife put on those bandages, they could of very well been the only bandages they had in the house that would cover the cuts and stick to his head.
IMO

That's the only kind of bandages I have in the house, left over from a long ago finger injury. The stickum on them I'm sure is no better than it seems to have been on GZ's bandages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member