George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #13 Thursday July 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
The video was introduced into evidence and shown to the jury during the prosecutions case - I believe when the man from the security camera company testified. He chose not to show it again during his closing. The jury will be able to view it again when they deliberate if they choose to do so.

So the video at the gate was working? And GZ said no?

I'm biased, admittedly. I am speaking from the perspective of a mother of a black, tall, lanky 15 year old boy that often walks to the store.
My biggest fear right now is the thought of an armed wanna-be profiling my kid and chasing him through the streets of his neighborhood.

This is the media instilling fear for an extremely unlikely event. So, many people are more afraid of flying on a commercial flight, when getting in a car is vastly more likely to cause serious injury or death. I don't know anything about your son, but he is much more likely to be hurt by a fellow teen or friend than some wanna be cop. The media hypes stranger danger, when someone sexually assaulting a child is much more likely to be a friend or family member. There are hundreds of black males 15-24 murdered a year by fellow black males, and only a handful shot by security guards and "wanna-be cops".

This case has upset me more then any other. A young black boy was <mod snip>.

JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON!!

Agreed. I believe he cornered Trayvon, lied about that and told so many different stories to so many different people.

I think he was a bungling, Barney Fife with high anxiety, prejudice towards black youth, impulsive temper, and thought he was some sort of authority or should have been. I know many like him. His mistakes caused loss of life through no fault of the victim. It was the victim who did not break any laws that night. None.

He thought nothing would come of this, as did the chief of police because they were indifferent to the death of the unidentified AA teenager found walking through the development....assumed killing him was justified. Never thought he'd have to prove he had a good reason for killing an unarmed AA teenager.

You know, I'm also amazed how GZ injuries looks so different at the police station (cleaned up) and the next day at his walk-through it's like there isn't any real injuries... His eyes don't look black and blue from someone punching you hard and pounding on you, his eyes look fine as well as his nose, just a scratch is all I see and this is a close up shot of him. The back of his head doesn't look bad either.. My husband fell on the steps one time and banged his head, and he had a swollen face, black and blue eyes, nose swollen and a tooth that was bleeding and the bruising and swelling lasted for a week, in fact the bruising started turning yellow maybe a week or so later. Where is that on GZ?

Anyone know the answer to this? Zimmerman claims that his jacket and shirt slid up revealing his gun during the struggle with Trayvon. So how did his shirt end up nicely tucked into his pants when he emerged handcuffed from the police car? Did LE allow him to straighten out his clothes before handcuffing him? Did Zimmerman take the time to straighten out his clothes after shooting and killing a "suspicious looking male" that may have "had something in his hands" when "hitting" him "repeatedly in the head and face" that may have still been alive after being shot and was face down on the ground?

You know, I'm also amazed how GZ injuries looks so different at the police station (cleaned up) and the next day at his walk-through it's like there isn't any real injuries... His eyes don't look black and blue from someone punching you hard and pounding on you, his eyes look fine as well as his nose, just a scratch is all I see and this is a close up shot of him. The back of his head doesn't look bad either.. My husband fell on the steps one time and banged his head, and he had a swollen face, black and blue eyes, nose swollen and a tooth that was bleeding and the bruising and swelling lasted for a week, in fact the bruising started turning yellow maybe a week or so later. Where is that on GZ?

POST of the DAY!!!! IMO

i guess degree of recoil is subjective:

I have read a few complaints about the PF-9's recoil, and I have to say that I don't agree with them. A couple online "reviews" seem to feed off each other, with both likening the PF-9's recoil to the kick of a mule. I fail to see the reason for these and similar comments, as the gun didn't seem to kick much for me, and I fired a variety of ammo in it.

http://hunting.about.com/od/guns/ss/kel-tec-pf-9-9mm-compact-pistol-review_4.htm

I assume it would be harder to control in your non dominant hand while someone was struggling to keep you from shooting it. IMO

The video was introduced into evidence and shown to the jury during the prosecutions case - I believe when the man from the security camera company testified. He chose not to show it again during his closing. The jury will be able to view it again when they deliberate if they choose to do so.

That was but a small limited selection - not all the video from the 8 cameras

i guess degree of recoil is subjective:

I have read a few complaints about the PF-9's recoil, and I have to say that I don't agree with them. A couple online "reviews" seem to feed off each other, with both likening the PF-9's recoil to the kick of a mule. I fail to see the reason for these and similar comments, as the gun didn't seem to kick much for me, and I fired a variety of ammo in it.

http://hunting.about.com/od/guns/ss/kel-tec-pf-9-9mm-compact-pistol-review_4.htm
How strong recoil is, is extremely subjective.

However, what is not subjective is the ability for a PF-9's recoil to break a nose. That is simply impossible. You'd have to fire a shotgun, large-caliber rifle, or some sort of exotic pistol ammo (.44 mag+) for a weapon's recoil to obtain that level of force.

:twocents:

I am 50 + and was suspended from school numerous times lol, I have never been arrested and own a multimillion dollar business, mistakes you make as kids do not mean you will be a criminal. IMO
Thank you!!

This case has upset me more then any other. A young black boy was <modsnip>.

JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON!!

Thousands of young black boys are murdered every day in America by other young black boys. Where's the outrage there? IMO

Thread is now closed...Have a great evening everyone!

closed-smiley_zps91e1ba87.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member