GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by PolkSaladAnnie View Post
he laments his love of his g/f for "finally" coming into his life. Rather telling for one deemed so astute, clever and intelligent. To me this indicates a haunting hole of insecurity or ... non-disclosed issues.

But then .... that's just my own wild speculation ... lol

I WOULD SAY YOU HAVE A VALID POINT THERE.

...except for the fact that it's a misquote.

In any case one should note that in order to 'solve' a homicide all the police have to do is charge someone and get them to court.

So, if the case against VT collapses in court, and LE later discovers who really killed JY and brings that person to court, will they count that as has having "solved" two murders, or will they count it as "solving" the same murder twice over?

Something fishy in all this 'solving', it seems to me!

(Perish the thought that police forces might simply charge someone simply to make their numbers look good.)

Joking aside, that's the thing that most worries me.

On the subject of "solving" crimes, I've just remembered that many years ago I had my car stolen from a council car park. The police were doubtful that I'd ever see it again, but to my amazement I had a call from someone in a nearby town about a week later, who said my car was blocking her drive, and did I know it wasn't locked? (She'd found my telephone number in a diary in the glove box).

I dutifully reported the recovery to the police, and the desk seargeant said "Congratulations, we'll record that as another crime solved, in that case".

Solved? I was flabbergasted!

Just as an aside,I spoke to son and girlfriend today..she reported that PS is a very nice man...

just odds and ends of info...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member