Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for making me feel even older than I am! :thinking:

:silly: I didn't mean it that way honest! I just meant the programs are on their way out the door. Much like I want to upgrade my iPhone 5 but I fear if I buy the 7, the 8 will arrive instantly!

Didn't mean to offend - I burned out/bailed out of a faculty position and now make 4x what I previously did. The ivory tower isn't for everyone :)

No worries :cool: Somewhat of a similar experience here.

Twitch is more like Youtube than a voice chat program. The point of Twitch is to stream games live and develop your audience who will tune in regularly, sub (subscribe) and donate. Like youtube if you're charismatic and/or skilled enough you can make a full-time job earning really good money out of it. One couple I follow just built a new home with the money they've made.

But in reality most accounts are going to be like mine ie only for watching streams, or streaming for a friend or two. These days Twitch has branched out and you can stream IRL or creative stuff, not just games. Workouts get streamed a bit.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Last night I decided to research other murder cases involving bdsm/sex fetishes. I felt thoroughly disturbed and quite naive. I had not realized how powerful a Dom can become over a sub in all aspects of life. Really exerting complete control in their every move. After reading about some of these cases it made me wonder what lengths a sub would go to for BC. I don't want to highjack YZ's thread with another case, and I wasn't sure if I could link an article to another case. I definitely had my eyes opened though, to say the least.
Iam really curious to know how deep BC was involved in this lifestyle/mindset now. It also makes me consider a wider range of possibilities in what he did to her and who knows of what he did. I shuddered after reading about a couple of those cases and knowing he threatened someone else after revealing kidnapping YZ. Moo, and I am not saying everyone into these particular kinks is a psycho or even a bad person, just was blown away by the level of control a Dom can get over a sub if the circumstances are right.

Twitch is more like Youtube than a voice chat program. The point of Twitch is to stream games live and develop your audience who will tune in regularly, sub (subscribe) and donate. Like youtube if you're charismatic and/or skilled enough you can make a full-time job earning really good money out of it. One couple I follow just built a new home with the money they've made.

But in reality most accounts are going to be like mine ie only for watching streams, or streaming for a friend or two. These days Twitch has branched out and you can stream IRL or creative stuff, not just games. Workouts get streamed a bit.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Right...Discord is used for those playing a game together...voice chat. Twitch is a video streaming service that allows people to subscribe to someone's channel for a fee and also donate while a show is streaming. And I would watch my kids, if they were minors, with both.

When the dating app handles for BC first came out, I did a quick search on Twitch to see if I could find, BC, but I had no luck. I think more possible usernames may have come out since then, if anyone has time to search.

Big take-away from this for me was how broke they were.. she earned $1800 per month, After rent and utilities, they had $800 between two per month, less actually..
He did not earn money..
Is there a known ring of traffickers/ people who want Asian girls in that area.. seems to be a lot of reports of Chinese girls getting followed on campus.. Is this a trend in uSA or specifically Illinois.. Any other referrals to his money making attempts, or did he make any efforts at all to earn? It must be almost impossible to live on $700 a month for 2 people. Is it or not?
ach, we dont have his full web history.. but he is surprisingly self indulgent spending so many hrs online while she works.. he does not try.. was he scam orientated?

When I was a student I took out extra loan money which I lived off of. A lot of students do that. So BC could have money in the bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was a student I took out extra loan money which I lived off of. A lot of students do that. So BC could have money in the bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you read the article you will see the info is from a financial statement dated July 3, 2017.
His family were not rich either.

A failure for the professor, but there are valid reasons to drop out of a PhD program other than failure to cut it. Your career goals can change over time. Having a PhD on your resume doesn't always help in getting a job; depending on the field, it can overqualify you for the job you want. There is also a habit in the US of overselling the marketability of advanced degrees in basic math and science. Researching the job market isn't something eager students think about until the end of their program.

Of course. I was just hosing down the notion that he had "impeccable credentials." And that to academics he is viewed differently.

I know the triangle but it doesn't seem to show when I'm on tapatalk?

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

OT, but I kept notes from some of the Tapatalk users that may be helpful for you:

[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]---[/FONT][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]ALERT FEATURE[/FONT][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]: [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]*If you click on the post 3 small dots appear on the right hand side . it has the report option [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]*Tap the post you are reporting and it will highlight (it goes blue on my phone) and you will see 3 dots in the right corner. When you click on them, one of the options will be report. Select it. Type over the default This is Spam with your concern and send.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]*Tapatalk report function works by tapping the post you want to report the selecting the "more" button then "report[/FONT][/FONT]

Maybe this is how he made his money....
df99f9c009245f19d9d85acaebc941c6.jpg

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

wow Stanly,
I didn't know money could be made from online gaming..
I wonder.. but would there not have been a record of that?

wow Stanly,
It depends on how the money gets paid?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

wow Stanly,

Hi kitty, people can a decent chunk of money from Twitch or YouTube streaming online gaming, usually ranging from hundreds a month to thousands of $.

Big take-away from this for me was how broke they were.. she earned $1800 per month, After rent and utilities, they had $800 between two per month, less actually..
He did not earn money..
Is there a known ring of traffickers/ people who want Asian girls in that area.. seems to be a lot of reports of Chinese girls getting followed on campus.. Is this a trend in uSA or specifically Illinois.. Any other referrals to his money making attempts, or did he make any efforts at all to earn? It must be almost impossible to live on $700 a month for 2 people. Is it or not?
ach, we dont have his full web history.. but he is surprisingly self indulgent spending so many hrs online while she works.. he does not try.. was he scam orientated?

This was discussed a lot previously, so I don't want to totally rehash this, but it's very likely he was being paid until he graduated in May as a teaching assistant. This income was likely just their current level as of July when it was submitted. I'll re-post some of my previous sources below:

He was also listed as a TA in Fall 2016: https://courses.physics.illinois.edu...fice-hours.asp
I can't find an official course link, but this webpage has him as having taught in Spring 2017 as well: https://www.coursicle.com/illinois/p...t+Christensen/ I know this website isn't an official source, per say, but these kind of sites are pretty popular at big universities.

Additionally, Glassdoor is telling me the average yearly reported graduate assistant salary is around $24K: https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Uni...es-E142738.htm

This is very close to what I made as a TA at a Big Ten university.

He was likely making about this much each year as a graduate student, and had only been without this income since May.

Seems we have hashed, re-hashed, and hashed again every tidbit that we have access to and can do within TOS at this point. Where are you YingYing? We are trying to help you get home, and hold whoever did this accountable, and we won't give up.

I'm in the wrong business. :-D

Me too. I know of one guy in the UK who has hundreds of subscribers at a rate of $4.99 a month which is $3.82 in pounds I guess. I always wonder how much in taxes he has to pay.

Anyway my point is that so many parents don't realize Twitch has a chat in there too. I've seen so many parents say, "My kids said they were just watching gaming vids; I didn't know they were chatting with random people as well."

Seems we have hashed, re-hashed, and hashed again every tidbit that we have access to and can do within TOS at this point. Where are you YingYing? We are trying to help you get home, and hold whoever did this accountable, and we won't give up.

I can't wait for new material to discuss in this case. We're definitely at the awkward waiting stage... where the heck is Yingying? She has to be close to the campus/BC's place...

OT, but I kept notes from some of the Tapatalk users that may be helpful for you:

[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]---[/FONT][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]ALERT FEATURE[/FONT][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]: [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]*If you click on the post 3 small dots appear on the right hand side . it has the report option [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]*Tap the post you are reporting and it will highlight (it goes blue on my phone) and you will see 3 dots in the right corner. When you click on them, one of the options will be report. Select it. Type over the default This is Spam with your concern and send.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]*Tapatalk report function works by tapping the post you want to report the selecting the "more" button then "report[/FONT][/FONT]

This is why I love our little community!! Thanks so much Spellbound :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member