UT - Salt Lake City Nurse Arrested for Refusing to Draw Blood Sample

The reserve cop, William Grey, was driving a semi truck, the cops were chasing a pickup truck when it swerved and crashed, head on, into Grey's semi, which burst into flames and burned Grey, who they wanted so desperately to blood test. It looks like they may have been hoping to pin some fault for the accident on the reserve cop, semi driver, but , if they had seen the dash cam video, they would have known it is clear Grey did nothing wrong. The pickup driver died at the scene.
There is dash cam video here, of the chase/crash, it's amazing that Grey is alive.
View attachment 122602
Police identify suspect, victim after man fleeing from police killed in crash near Wellsville

The reserve cop, William Grey, was driving a semi truck, the cops were chasing a pickup truck when it swerved and crashed, head on, into Grey's semi, which burst into flames and burned Grey, who they wanted so desperately to blood test. It looks like they may have been hoping to pin some fault for the accident on the reserve cop, semi driver, but , if they had seen the dash cam video, they would have known it is clear Grey did nothing wrong. The pickup driver died at the scene.
There is dash cam video here, of the chase/crash, it's amazing that Grey is alive.
attachment.php

Police identify suspect, victim after man fleeing from police killed in crash near Wellsville

Using their authority for their own ends and denying a professional care giver her authority over her patients. She would have been well within her rights to order him out her ward.

I suppose she is lucky that he didn't draw his gun on her.

Using their authority for their own ends and denying a professional care giver her authority over her patients. She would have been well within her rights to order him out her ward.

I suppose she is lucky that he didn't draw his gun on her.

They put her in their car, with the windows up without turning on the AC, in 100+ degree weather, while the men folk talked.
I wish she would sue and I wish Mr. Grey would sue, as well, for their deadly high speed pursuit. There have to be better ways to pursue traffic violators.
Trump has approved of your local LE getting grenade launchers and tanks from the military, now.

How she was treated was so traumatizing to watch. I felt all kinds of triggers going off in me. I just feel so angry. I need to to stop typing...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The lady has indicated she is not filing a lawsuit. I kind of hope she changes her mind.

The officer has not been suspended. Just reassigned.

I note that the outrage is almost universal. I believe there would be less outrage and more trying to blame her for "resisting" or being "aggressive" with the officer if she looked different. She may have been treated even more violently as well.

The second officer who crouched down and blatantly lied to the nurse needs to be held accountable as well.

Finally, the chief of police is giving the community lip service. It lessens our faith in LE. Besides the nonsense of simply reassigning the cop, he also gave us the same tired story about an "investigation." All that is about is delaying until the outraged public moves onto something else and he can quietly sweep it under the rug.

Also, he stated that as a result of this, they have changed their policy. What? Their policy didn't need to be changed. It needed to be followed. Police should know the law they are tasked with enforcing and never lie about it.

This is shameful. What was the charge he felt he was arresting her for? He threw a tantrum and his violent tantrum was backed by a badge add a gun and his fellow officers. Disgusting. To bodily lift and drag and angrily arrest a professional who is acting calmly and logically, is repulsive. It's assault and false imprisonment.

I believe most LE are good people but when the powers that be allow this stuff to occur without consequence it gives the impression that everyone is like this.

What would be the point of a lawsuit? It would just be money out of taxpayer's pockets. The SLC police department already has a reputation of being one of the rottenest, most corrupt police departments in the country. It's not like they are going to change anything because of a lawsuit. They never do. The cop in the video who was making a mockery of the law, clearly thought it was one big joke. The Police Chief isn't taking it anymore serious. Taxpayers are already paying out tens of billions of dollars a year for police misconduct, and the cops just laugh it off, and continue on with business as usual. One more lawsuit won't change anything, and I think the nurse knows that. Plus if she want's to keep her job she knows she has to work with these cops every day. They have already demonstrated that they can make her job pure hell, and there is nothing she can do about it.

[video=youtube;hJPVglqR4yM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJPVglqR4yM[/video]

Typical tough cop bully talk: "No. We're done! We're done!" The old guy thinks he's Dirty Harry from the 70's.

Typical tough cop bully talk: "No. We're done! We're done!" The old guy thinks he's Dirty Harry from the 70's.

Dirty Harry is just everyday real life now days.

Just my opinion.

I have to wonder it this police department was looking for an "out". Police in lot's places have cut back/stopped police pursuits because of accidents/deaths that are caused.

This should never have happened, i don't think there should be a lawsuit but do think the cop should be fired. The nurse, Alex should be commended for knowing her job and patients rights while not being in a conscious state.

RIGBY POLICE CHIEF THANKS UTAH NURSE FOR ‘STANDING FIRM’ IN PROTECTING HIS OFFICER’S RIGHTS

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2017/...-standing-firm-in-protecting-officers-rights/

On July 26 of this year, one of our reserve officers, William Gray, was the victim in a horrific accident in northern Utah while working his full-time job as a truck driver.

The Rigby Police Department was not aware of this incident until Aug. 31, 2017.

The Rigby Police Department would like to thank the nurse involved and hospital staff for standing firm and protecting Officer Gray’s rights as a patient and victim. Protecting the rights of others is truly a heroic act.

From my understanding the patient did nothing wrong. I hope any investigation looks into why they were so aggressive about getting his blood.

KSL made repeated inquiries into the status of Salt Lake Police Lt. James Tracy, the watch commander at the time of the incident who, according to a police report, instructed Payne to arrest the nurse. Department officials confirmed that a statement was being prepared about those inquiries.

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=45637083&n...ced-on-leave-as-video-of-nurse-arrest-spreads

Payne also works as a paramedic for Gold Cross Ambulance Service and was even dropping off patients at University Hospital Friday morning.

Mike Moffitt, Gold Cross president, said Payne was also placed on paid leave from that company Friday based on his statements in the video in which the detective talks to another officer about transporting homeless patients to University Hospital while "good" patients are taken elsewhere.

What on earth? That cop and all other there standing around letting it happen needs to be fired immediately. This is disgusting.

From my understanding the patient did nothing wrong. I hope any investigation looks into why they were so aggressive about getting his blood.

Me too. Based on what we know so far, I'm assuming they were chasing the other guy when they shouldn't have been, so they were hoping the semi driver's blood would show a prohibited substance so they could pin the deadly accident on him. It would explain why this cop was so aggressive/desperate. Shameful.

KSL made repeated inquiries into the status of Salt Lake Police Lt. James Tracy, the watch commander at the time of the incident who, according to a police report, instructed Payne to arrest the nurse. Department officials confirmed that a statement was being prepared about those inquiries.

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=45637083&n...ced-on-leave-as-video-of-nurse-arrest-spreads

Payne also works as a paramedic for Gold Cross Ambulance Service and was even dropping off patients at University Hospital Friday morning.

Mike Moffitt, Gold Cross president, said Payne was also placed on paid leave from that company Friday based on his statements in the video in which the detective talks to another officer about transporting homeless patients to University Hospital while "good" patients are taken elsewhere.

I hope Payne's records as a paramedic are looked into because it would not surprise me if he did illegal blood draws while on duty because it is after all, "His law." Ugh!!!

Paid leave.....smh

And only after the nurse went public and this thing blew up into an international incident. Hey Jeff, I'm sorry I don't want to do this, but the people are really getting upset over this little incident. I'm going to have to put you on paid leave. Go take a nice vacation for a couple of months until this thing blows over. Then we'll put you back to work.

There is no repercussions for these people. That's why they act the way they do. They can do whatever they want, to who ever they want and get away with it.

This is outrageous this man's career in law enforcement should be cancelled.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back