Found Deceased Australia - Elisa Curry, 43, Aireys Inlet, Melbourne, 30 Sept 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's quite deceptive that aerial shot . It does drop away quite steeply on the ocean side of some parts of that track

Trooper, I don't know how to quote your former post re female suicides from the last thread............but just wanted to say that I have personally, in my work, had 2 females ( both around mid forties ) suicide or attempt suicide in my care ( both hangings ) .........by bloody shower hoses.........i hope there is never a third!!! I find it very hard to trust mental health patients.............my experience probably goes against the statistics!!

my god sleuth... the horror.. may I ask, was it their own shower?? at their own home, or did they hire a room somewhere else? or go to someone else's place?... ( that is the only detail I want,.. )...... trusting mental health patients, .. what a fraught area , absolutely no one is a 'textbook-case'..... they write their own..

sorry, ... truly.. truly Sleuthy. sorry... . from my experience, the 2-waytrust has an inbuilt flaw in that those I know under mental health treatment, and medication , don't trust themselves.. one begs me not to trust him, and I agree wholeheartedly not to, under any circumstances. I am wondering if your patients were residents ? that is 'at home' in hospital or sudden admissions?

Nope, in a hospital.......

Our Dear Trooper can get a little carried away at times, drsleuth...Don't worry, you do become used to it after a while. :D

That's quite deceptive that aerial shot . It does drop away quite steeply on the ocean side of some parts of that track

Further to that, the beach level can be dangerous too. I remember being involved in a scary incident at Aireys Inlet, scrambling over the rocks and ledges at the base of the cliffs, finding what I thought was passable wasn't, not being able to turn around, and the tide coming in rapidly.

Hi mdcmdc
Welcome :)
And no you're not mistaken, it has been reported Elisa drank alcohol on Saturday. The following:
"Asked if Ms Curry had been intoxicated after drinking on Saturday afternoon with other neighbours, police said: “She had been drinking - to what degree I don’t know.”
Was in this article: http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...e/news-story/71c5103d1c95652065d7173cb7b5b467
So we know she was "reported to be an alcoholic"
We know she drank on Saturday.
If she was in recovery and had been sober for a long time, but decided to have a few drinks on Sat THAT wpuld be a cause for concern for both the neighbour and the husband.
So might explain the late night personal issue visit and also might explain why her husband reported her missing almost immediately on Sunday morning (apparently - I don't think we have a confirmed time of his missing report, but we know a large search commenced Sunday soon after her husband arrived at 9am to find her gone, which is early for a large search).
If this is the case though I find it odd that early reports said "no known medical conditions" or similar. I will try to find a link if I can and add it. Usually the early reports say "we are concerned for her welfare due to a medical condition"...

All along the Police have discounted her mental state with quotes such as being in good spirits, nothing to indicate mental health has played a part. This was early on when they were saying she had gone for a night time jog.

As far as the neighbour visit goes the following statement was made 'The neighbour and her husband were over there, they left and then the wife came back,” Inspector Seel said.

“It’s a personal matter.” But he said there was no incident on Saturday night that caused the woman distress'

http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...y/news-story/e4f16cda5c9514f3e1d7737d1a064cdb

The flavour of things seems to have shifted a lot. Why is that?

Surely all the info that has been slowly but surely leaking out was know right from the get go by Police or at least by the end of the day. If not why? Was there info withheld in the beginning?

I don't know, I'm flip flopping all over the place....

I think it's truly possible she has just waked into the ocean and let it carry her away. If and I say if as it's not proven she was medicated in some way then it would be very plausible for this to happen and to be never found. The ocean is huge and tides strong. I know of a cliff in Bondi that is notoriously know. As suicide point. The locals know it, many not reported ever.

All along the Police have discounted her mental state with quotes such as being in good spirits, nothing to indicate mental health has played a part. This was early on when they were saying she had gone for a night time jog.

As far as the neighbour visit goes the following statement was made 'The neighbour and her husband were over there, they left and then the wife came back,” Inspector Seel said.

“It’s a personal matter.” But he said there was no incident on Saturday night that caused the woman distress'

http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...y/news-story/e4f16cda5c9514f3e1d7737d1a064cdb

The flavour of things seems to have shifted a lot. Why is that?

Surely all the info that has been slowly but surely leaking out was know right from the get go by Police or at least by the end of the day. If not why? Was there info withheld in the beginning?

I don't know, I'm flip flopping all over the place....

Me too!!! I was about to write that at the end of my post. I'm all over the place. I felt like I'd discounted my own vague theory by the end of writing it because IF there were concerns for her state of mind I feel like the police missing persons report would have said "concerns due to a medical condition" - and it didn't.
However, the Police did say:
"We don't know what she was wearing, we don't know at the time what her state of mind was, so it's difficult to gather all of that together and know what happened." BBM
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/a-personal-chat-then-silence--elisa-curry-disappearance-has-cops-baffled-20171005-gyurf7.html
Whether that statement was 'significant' - I don't know.

I know of a cliff in Bondi that is notoriously know. As suicide point. The locals know it, many not reported ever.

Do you mean The Gap in Watsons Bay? It's a notorious suicide spot, but not quite in Bondi. Or perhaps you know of a place that I don't. Quite plausible of course.

Do you mean The Gap in Watsons Bay? It's a notorious suicide spot, but not quite in Bondi. Or perhaps you know of a place that I don't. Quite plausible of course.

No its Bondi from what I know. the gap is though another one, I can't think of the names now but was where the guy was accused and jailed for throwing his girlfriend off the cliff. Caroline ?? Later acquitted much to general publics disgrace. Gordon wood I think was his name

it is down the road from me, everyone one AU knows about it. It has been since 1788 . A couple of blokes patrol it every night and day , in the hopes of preventing people jumping.. which they do with monotonous regularity.. of course. that's where Carolyn Byrne met her end, the court found Gordon not guilty, eventually.. . ... not many other places in Bondi.. , ...unless you trespass on peoples property! and they have it firmly fenced ...

No its Bondi from what I know. the gap is though another one, I can't think of the names now but was where the guy was accused and jailed for throwing his girlfriend off the cliff. Caroline ?? Later acquitted much to general publics disgrace. Gordon wood I think was his name

the gap was the Gordon and Carolyn location. June 1995

"I know that this is way off topic, but I am looking at the backyard picture of their Surrey Hills home. No pool fencing required in Victoria? Every pool here in SA must have specific fencing all around a pool. Fencing off the backyard is not enough."
Just in regards to this, it is possible or was possible to not require separate fencing to the pool from the surrounding backyard as long as every door, gate and window to the area meets the requirements for opening dimensions, position and configuration of handles and locks, and all openings that are below 1m in doors and gates are self closing.

also someone was talking about anti-depressants. remember that newsreader (from perth originally, but then worked in sydney) who suicided by jumping off the gap, she had just begun taking anti-depressants. If elisa had been taking them for a long time and there was no change in dose, then suicide would not be a risk factor, if she had just begun them or had altered any medication then it is a risk factor.

finally i wanted to comment on trooper and someone else's conversation about methods of suicide in women. Trooper is correct that generally studies show that women think about the way they will look when found and tend to choose less violent means (unless of course they are psychotic or they have no other choice.) In hospital situations, and other places (like gaol) where subjected to close monitoring, cannot take overdoses or double bag themselves then if determined then what other methods are available...few which require innovating their surrounds such as using glass and cutting or utilising hanging points.

Apologies if the last bit is a bit too much, i am kind of immune to be shocked when thinking about suicide methods now.

"I know that this is way off topic, but I am looking at the backyard picture of their Surrey Hills home. No pool fencing required in Victoria? Every pool here in SA must have specific fencing all around a pool. Fencing off the backyard is not enough."
Just in regards to this, it is possible or was possible to not require separate fencing to the pool from the surrounding backyard as long as every door, gate and window to the area meets the requirements for opening dimensions, position and configuration of handles and locks, and all openings that are below 1m in doors and gates are self closing.

also someone was talking about anti-depressants. remember that newsreader (from perth originally, but then worked in sydney) who suicided by jumping off the gap, she had just begun taking anti-depressants. If elisa had been taking them for a long time and there was no change in dose, then suicide would not be a risk factor, if she had just begun them or had altered any medication then it is a risk factor.

finally i wanted to comment on trooper and someone else's conversation about methods of suicide in women. Trooper is correct that generally studies show that women think about the way they will look when found and tend to choose less violent means (unless of course they are psychotic or they have no other choice.) In hospital situations, and other places (like gaol) where subjected to close monitoring, cannot take overdoses or double bag themselves then if determined then what other methods are available...few which require innovating their surrounds such as using glass and cutting or utilising hanging points.

Apologies if the last bit is a bit too much, i am kind of immune to be shocked when thinking about suicide methods now.

I wonder if they have checked her google history?

ETA. If someone was contemplating suicide I would assume it is something that would be researched unless it would be spur of the moment.

oh and this is not the byrne case. i will see if i can find the coroners report

its Charmaine Dragun
[h=3][/h]

I wonder if they have checked her google history?

ETA. If someone was contemplating suicide I would assume it is something that would be researched unless it would be spur of the moment.

excellent point, a plan is usually made and well researched...unless the person is psychotic or affected by drugs.

the gap was the Gordon and Carolyn location. June 1995

Yes that's what I said in response to whether I meant the gap. I think I'm thinking Bondi as that is the local surf patrol that patrols the area.

Excellent spotting. And a very interesting comment. Puts a different spin on things, if true. Will keep an eye on the thread to check for updates/progression.

Anyone got mutual friends with the poster.

Probably another long shot, but I wonder if EC struggled with the fact that the family income was derived from the misery of others: poker machines (that's part of hubby's job, trying to get more machines in more venues and keeping them as profitable as possible by arguing to keep minimum bet amounts high).

She's obviously an intelligent person, so this may not have sat well with her. And the 'private school' letter to the editor indicates that she might see the whole PS world as a bit..... 'see through' (my words, not hers). Some of this stuff *might* have contributed to her mental state. All speculation from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member