WI - Six people shot to death by Forest County deputy, Crandon, Oct 7, 2007

A reporter on FNC via phone is reporting that Tyler was a sheriff deputy and a Crandon police officer. He went to his ex girlfriends apartment where this party was happening and started shooting. Party goers were recent high school grads and current high schoolers. Neighboring county is reporting that there will be a presser at 6 local time but the reporter can't confirm that since no one is returning calls but he says a presser would be the next logical step.

Fox news says they will cover the PC at 6:00 e.s.t.

Shortest presser in history! There will be a full presser tomorrow. The person speaking announced just that and walked away but questions started pouring out and a few were answered. He was off duty and 20 yrs old, the family has just been notified. There will be a meeting of some sorts with the attorney general tomorrow and more info at tomorrows presser.

Crandon township supervisor Ray Statezny Jr. said that the shooting was the result of a love triangle involving the deputy, a young woman, and another police officer.

Another resident says he heard suspect broke up with girlfriend last week. She is apparently still in high school. This was supposedly a homecoming party.

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/10299502.html

I wonder if any made it out without injury?

This is getting to be horrible all the mass shootings & LE being involved.
They are hired to protcet people not go nuts & start killing them.

I am glad he was killed or killed himself.

This story is bothering me a lot. I can't elaborate just now as I am still sorting through all my feelings.It just seems that LE hires without further testing or evaluations on the people in certain areas. I know about budget constraints but some of these people are time bombs and the same could be said for the security forces hired as independent contractors in Iraq.

I had an LE friend tell me that these firms were hiring felons. So, with that said we have to wonder who is allowing these miscreants to be part of a force that is supposed to be protecting us.

Taximom,

I'm just getting astarted reading this........but I know Eleva is a long way from where the shooting took place.....will post more once I get caught up!

How far is Arragon from where this happened. That is where he was when he was killed.

TIA

Maybe since his girlfriend was so young he was a young man too. Although I always thought one had to be at least 21 to be on the police force.

imoo

Since they said about 10 were at the party there will be survivors thank the Lord.

Yes that story is not clear either. One article is saying a police sniper took him out and the others are saying it was self inflicted and they found him.

imoo

How far is Arragon from where this happened. That is where he was when he was killed.

TIA

Maybe since his girlfriend was so young he was a young man too. Although I always thought one had to be at least 21 to be on the police force.

imoo

Argonne is 6.83 miles from Crandon according to mapquest

Crandon township supervisor Ray Statezny Jr. said that the shooting was the result of a love triangle involving the deputy, a young woman, and another police officer.

Another resident says he heard suspect broke up with girlfriend last week. She is apparently still in high school. This was supposedly a homecoming party.

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/10299502.html

It sounds like from this article besides killing the people he may of went to another home & held 6 people hostage. What the heck.......??? Or am I reading to much into this?

An article said that this happened at the home of his ex-girllfriend ~ a love triangle, with another officer involved. The shooter was 20, Taximom, HOW do you find these people on myspace???

Anyway, I wonder how old the other officer is, and how many officers in that town are 21 or younger.

An article said that this happened at the home of his 16 y/o ex-girllfriend ~ a love triangle, with another officer involved. The shooter was 20, Taximom, HOW do you find these people on myspace???

Anyway, I wonder how old the other officer is, and how many officers in that town are 21 or younger.

16 yrs old!! WTF is this world coming too. He was 20.:sick: :sick:

It sounds like from this article besides killing the people he may of went to another home & held 6 people hostage. What the heck.......??? Or am I reading to much into this?

That's what it sounds like to me, too. Presser tomorrow? I'd sure like to hear about the hostages.

What a small town Crandon is. And what a huge loss of young people. I feel so sorry for them all.

That's what it sounds like to me, too. Presser tomorrow? I'd sure like to hear about the hostages.

What a small town Crandon is. And what a huge loss of young people. I feel so sorry for them all.

I was looking up any myspace pages but never had any luck.....any names listed in news articles are set to private.

Yes there are many very small towns in Wis & everyone knows everyone or are related to each other. Will be a sad day for everyone once the names are released. My thoughts & prayers goes out to the entire community & friends & families.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back