My Search Effort - Airport Lakes Park - Photos

Here is another one I have a question about. Is that a chain link fence on the right? On the other side of that fence is there water?

P9120073.jpg

Same question here - is there water beside that fence anywhere?

P9120061.jpg

There is also a wooden walkway in one of them. Does it go over water?

The reason I am asking you all these questions is I am trying to work it out where I can bring my dog and come down there the end of next week. I am setting up some places I want to go first. I don't have the details worked out yet, but I would like to get with you on some of these areas.

Great job on the pics. Thank you for searching.

Friptzap thank you so much for your searching of these areas... my goodness, you have covered such a lot of ground! And thank you also for all of the pictures. That is super to be able to look at all of the areas that we've heard about and that have been mentioned in news reports. I'm really amazed at the denseness of vegetation in some of these areas, as shown in your pictures.I really applaud your tireless efforts! Your searching for a little girl that this entire country 'has adopted'!:clap:

I wish I lived down there and could join you on some of your searches! I would love to be able to help the cause!
Thank you so much for your searching for precious little Caylee! Poor baby, it is sickening to think about her being out there. She could really be anywhere, couldn't she?

I'm going to look over all of your pictures againg... so interesting!
Thank you again. I appreciate your sharing all that you have done!:blowkiss:

Here is another one I have a question about. Is that a chain link fence on the right? On the other side of that fence is there water?

P9120073.jpg

Same question here - is there water beside that fence anywhere?

P9120061.jpg

There is also a wooden walkway in one of them. Does it go over water?

If you loook on the map, this park is next to the lake that is a wood walkway out to a wood pavillion that hangs over the water, as you go out that far it is swampy so the walkway is to reach the pavilion. You can see this on the map easy for a reference. This is the wood walkway you see in the first picture.

In the second picure, the woods itself is surrounded by a fence to "seperate" it from the park. Near the lake edge of this deep woodsy area the fence is mushed down, people have been walking over it for years it seems. Farther along wrapping east and then south around the woods the fence in a few spots is knocked down from the frame. Also if you notice the sandy area there is a fence frame knocked to the ground, this is the entrance to the deep trail that winds through this woods. Well it is a trail at first but vanishes a little ways through, vehicles have been there at one time. I searched a "natural" looking winding pathway through the woods and was probably in the middle when I turned back.

Good job, Fritz. I think I sort of understand what you are saying about the woods.

When I was growing up I lived in a typical southern California subdivision, but across the street and behind a row of homes was a small woods of eucalyptus trees bordering a playground. The trees are gone now - torn down for about 35 newer houses with small yards. That's how small this area was, but to hike in there when it was all trees was like going into a totally different world.

Thank you for sharing these pics and for your search efforts. I have never have been to Florida so this really helps me see what the search is up against. A lot of woods and water!:eek:

:blowkiss: Thank you for all your efforts in searching for Caylee. Stay safe

One of the reasons I chose this place is it's proximity to her home and it is a park. I would suspect some sort of sentimental value to that in Casey's mind placing her near home and something she loved so much - parks.

Friptzap, I know this area and can vouch that it is definitely a place that someone could drop a body. Just wanted to pipe in as another local.

ETA: As to getting lost in the middle of a city; any other locals remember when that poor guy went missing out by UCF? They found him a few days later, he could hear the cars going by and yelled for help but nobody could hear him! He had sank down in the muck and couldn't get out. For those of you with maps, this was near UCF, Alafaya and Research Pkwy. Very populated area with pockets of wooded areas, so a place does not have to be remote to get lost!

Great job, Friptzap!! The photos are excellent and I am glad you are taking time to search. I think it is very admirable. :) WTG!

I see a lot of areas which look like they could be easily used to hide a small body in those woods. I have to agree with you that Casey isn't going to go to great lengths to do this and looking everywhere is important. The "close to home" comment always stuck with me, too. (The "she's OK" which I now take to mean she had checked and nothing had changed...in other words...still hidden where she left her.)

I noticed a fern in the one photo. Are there a lot of those growing wild in that area? (I know...I know...I have a thing about the ferns. LOL) Did you see any rocks or boulders in that area as I didn't notice any? Strange not to see in the woods because here they are all over the place naturally.

Doing a fine job!! Keep up the good work!! :) Thanks!!

Great job, Friptzap!! The photos are excellent and I am glad you are taking time to search. I think it is very admirable. :) WTG!

I see a lot of areas which look like they could be easily used to hide a small body in those woods. I have to agree with you that Casey isn't going to go to great lengths to do this and looking everywhere is important. The "close to home" comment always stuck with me, too. (The "she's OK" which I now take to mean she had checked and nothing had changed...in other words...still hidden where she left her.)

I noticed a fern in the one photo. Are there a lot of those growing wild in that area? (I know...I know...I have a thing about the ferns. LOL) Did you see any rocks or boulders in that area as I didn't notice any? Strange not to see in the woods because here they are all over the place naturally.

Doing a fine job!! Keep up the good work!! :) Thanks!!

Wild? yes natural to the region? I am not sure, botony is not my bag, some of the vegetation I have seen looked like it may be dumped at some point and not natural to florida in that regard. But again not my bag ..... :)

Boulders? Well I did take geology in college and they are not natural here ;-) florida was the ocean bottom for millions of years the ground is sandy soil and the rock bed is limerock! any boulders would have to roll down hill(Stream) from Georgia but that is why Florida is silty and not "rocky" The geological proccess negates boulders :)

I noticed a fern in the one photo. Are there a lot of those growing wild in that area? (I know...I know...I have a thing about the ferns. LOL)

I can tell you something about the vegetation in CenFL. Basically it grows all the time since the winters are generally mild. We have many plants on the noxious plants list that are fine in other parts of the country but down here, they just take off like mad! Ferns grow everywhere in shady woodsy areas. I don't see many rocks and stones actually. The soil is sandy, the terrain is flat. During the fire seasons we've had, the firefighters from other states were amazed to see green stuff burning!

Snipped quote:

Here are the Slideshows:
Part1
[URL="http://s373.photobucket.com/albums/oo174/Friptzap/Airport%20Lakes%20Park%20Search%20Effort%201/th_P9120015.jpg"]http://s373.photobucket.com/albums/o...h_P9120015.jpg[/URL]
Part2
<A href="http://s373.photobucket.com/albums/oo174/Friptzap/Airport%20Lakes%20Park%20Search%20Effort%201/?action=view&current=b3bdf259.pbw" target=_blank>http://s373.photobucket.com/albums/o...h_P9120078.jpg

When I click on the links you gave, all that comes up is one photo, very small, appears in upper left corner of screen.....I can't make it larger and it is stationery, not a slideshow. Can anyone give me any help? Thanks.

Snipped quote:

Here are the Slideshows:
Part1
[URL="http://s373.photobucket.com/albums/oo174/Friptzap/Airport%20Lakes%20Park%20Search%20Effort%201/th_P9120015.jpg"]http://s373.photobucket.com/albums/o...h_P9120015.jpg[/URL]
Part2
<A href="http://s373.photobucket.com/albums/oo174/Friptzap/Airport%20Lakes%20Park%20Search%20Effort%201/?action=view&current=b3bdf259.pbw" target=_blank>http://s373.photobucket.com/albums/o...h_P9120078.jpg

When I click on the links you gave, all that comes up is one photo, very small, appears in upper left corner of screen.....I can't make it larger and it is stationery, not a slideshow. Can anyone give me any help? Thanks.

Just click the picture don;t try to "use" the link. In board forums to make the image show up there is adirect link to one of the images related to the slide show so if you only use that portion of the "link" you will not get the slide show.

Try that first andd see if it works, you should get a new window when you click the image in the first post.

Wild? yes natural to the region? I am not sure, botony is not my bag, some of the vegetation I have seen looked like it may be dumped at some point and not natural to florida in that regard. But again not my bag ..... :)

Boulders? Well I did take geology in college and they are not natural here ;-) florida was the ocean bottom for millions of years the ground is sandy soil and the rock bed is limerock! any boulders would have to roll down hill(Stream) from Georgia but that is why Florida is silty and not "rocky" The geological proccess negates boulders :)
Thanks for the info, Friptzap and Marple!!

So boulders or rocks you would see in FL would be from landscaping the area or used as rip rap on the edge of waterways and such places then?

So boulders or rocks you would see in FL would be from landscaping the area or used as rip rap on the edge of waterways and such places then?

Yes, we have to buy our boulders. :) Although Northern FL has some rocky areas, as you get nearer to Georgia.

I could get you guys boulders from here for a song. LOL A lot of people use the rock found on their land to build their homes!

Thanks, Marple! :)

Just click the picture don;t try to "use" the link. In board forums to make the image show up there is adirect link to one of the images related to the slide show so if you only use that portion of the "link" you will not get the slide show.

Try that first andd see if it works, you should get a new window when you click the image in the first post.

I still can't get it to work, I don't see an image in the first post, just the links I quoted above. But I do thank you for trying to help me, I'm sure it's me.

I still can't get it to work, I don't see an image in the first post, just the links I quoted above. But I do thank you for trying to help me, I'm sure it's me.

No it's not you. It may be yourfirewal or something, or how you have your personal settings on the forum, can you ever view any images?

That aside just copy and past the first part of the "link" from the http/ to the pxb that part is the link to the slide show. I will post a direct link as well to make it easy in the meantime try that. (Check the original post for the new links in a few minutes.)

Bassically that is the only way. Rocks cost money too! not just a song! I paid 80 bucks for a big white smooth looking rock for my pond!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back