NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you follow the link to the FindShannanGilbert site, and go to the interactive google map, you will see the name of SG's driver given. First time I've ever heard his name! Wow.

Well, it wasn't the old driver and Asian fits, not the Filipino name.

Well, it wasn't the old driver and Asian fits, not the Filipino name.

Yep yep. My guess is this is the asian man GC saw driving the black SUV looking for SG. :)

Can't name him on the forum, though, unless we can find a msm article that outs him. I'm coming up empty handed on that score. :(

ETA: But lazy reporters lift info from us all the time, so I think it will only be a matter of days until his name turns up in msm. Then, we are free to sleuth openly. ;)

Although Massapequa is across the bay from where the bodies were found, the Tobay Beach zone is "Massapequa" in theory.

1. The cell tower at Tobay comes up as "Massapequa NY" on caller ID

2. Tobay is considered Massapequa's beach, but is on the same island, about 2 miles West of where the first 4 were found.

I just wanted to re-direct the convo a bit for those who don't live around here. Although the call was traced back to a Massapequa location, it doesn't mean that it came from the "mainland" LI- he could have been right there on the Ocean Parkway/Oak Beach area.

Great sleuthing so far!

Yes but when they check phone records they can get more specific. They don't just use one tower they use other towers in the area to check the strength of the signal from each tower. Plus most newer phone have built in gps. They were able to tell that one call was made from Times Square and one from the Port Authority bus terminal even though they are only a few blocks away from each other.

ETA
Most things I've read say they can track you to within 400 feet.

This is an interesting ABC 20/20 video about how the Showtime show dexter is generating real life killing copycats:

http://abc.go.com/watch/2020/SH559026/VD55118397/2020-318-teen-killer-felt-like-dexter

I like Dexter....but I'm starting to think it's not such a great idea for a show. Too many sicko's watch and glorify it. Sistah mentioned there is Facebook fan club for the LI SK....I was thinking that Dexter may have played a role in something like that coming about.....seriously not cool. Scary.

If you follow the link to the FindShannanGilbert site, and go to the interactive google map, you will see the name of SG's driver given. First time I've ever heard his name! Wow.

Wow yea If this is the Driver my thinking via logic got me Nowhere! This is a good example why using a name that hasn't been released by LE could be very bad!

Wow is right! Trying to be vague here, but does this mean that this is not SG's 'usual' driver? Thanks for digging up this tidbit, MK.

wm

Another interesting thing about Jessica Taylor, the only body identified in the Manorville case...she disappeared from the New York Port Authority Bus Terminal, just like Maureen Brainard-Barnes. :eek:

Yes, I noticed that, too.....and my eyes also went POP. Another thing I had read, MW and her bf or pimp came down from Maine on a bus.....may not mean anything, but thought it was interesting.

Okay, you guys are going to laugh me off the forum for this one, but what the hell is up with the fruit tattoo's?!

Shannan Gilbert had a tattoo of 2 cherries on her left wrist. I filed that info in the vault because it didn't really mean much to me at the time. But now I find this:

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=45219

On March 3, 2007, a female torso stuffed inside a suitcase washed ashore in Mamaroneck, NY. The legs of the victim were recovered in Long Island weeks later. Inside the suitcase, police found purple color Champion sweatpants, a reddish colored camisole, an off-white longsleeved t-shirt made by Voice and scraps of what looks like a calendar. The torso also had a tattoo of two cherries above the right breast.

(Another body recovered from Hemstead State Park has a peach tattoo on her left breast!)

Are fruit tattoo's really THAT popular?! Call me crazy, but all this strikes me as incredibly weird!

Okay, you guys are going to laugh me off the forum for this one, but what the hell is up with the fruit tattoo's?!

Shannan Gilbert had a tattoo of 2 cherries on her left wrist. I filed that info in the vault because it didn't really mean much to me at the time. But now I find this:

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=45219

On March 3, 2007, a female torso stuffed inside a suitcase washed ashore in Mamaroneck, NY. The legs of the victim were recovered in Long Island weeks later. Inside the suitcase, police found purple color Champion sweatpants, a reddish colored camisole, an off-white longsleeved t-shirt made by Voice and scraps of what looks like a calendar. The torso also had a tattoo of two cherries above the right breast.

(Another body recovered from Hamstead State Park has a peach tattoo on her left breast!)

Are fruit tattoo's really THAT popular?! Call me crazy, but all this strikes me as incredibly weird!
The next logical question is did these woman get their tat from the same tattoo artist? Maybe not the same shop but is there someone who does tat's who doesn't own a shop? Like someone in the biz...a John who offered to give them one?

As a tattoo artist, I can tell you fruit tattoos are very common among women wanting a "sexy" kind of tattoo, being that the deceased were all in the business of sex, it's not surprising at all that they would have cherries, peaches, etc. Did anyone else see on findshannangilbert.com, that Megan Waterman's mom has been getting odd voice mails at work from someone purporting to be a policeman from long island that needs to talk to her. The calls are coming as private. She has made long island law enforcement aware, and they know how to get in touch with her and would never call her job according to her. I don't know how to link it, cause I'm a little computer illiterate sorry.

Fruit tats anyone? IDK, I have wondered that too.

I know what a cherry or peach symbolize if it were something to do with, err, female body parts.

Maybe they just liked fruit. I have no danged idea. Anyone with anything better?

As a tattoo artist, I can tell you fruit tattoos are very common among women wanting a "sexy" kind of tattoo, being that the deceased were all in the business of sex, it's not surprising at all that they would have cherries, peaches, etc. Did anyone else see on findshannangilbert.com, that Megan Waterman's mom has been getting odd voice mails at work from someone purporting to be a policeman from long island that needs to talk to her. The calls are coming as private. She has made long island law enforcement aware, and they know how to get in touch with her and would never call her job according to her. I don't know how to link it, cause I'm a little computer illiterate sorry.

What section was that under, Drac? I missed it.

(Oh, and thanks for your professional imput re; tattoos.)

Fruit tats anyone? IDK, I have wondered that too.

I know what a cherry or peach symbolize if it were something to do with, err, female body parts.

Maybe they just liked fruit. I have no danged idea. Anyone with anything better?

People get Tats of Skulls, Snakes, Aztec Symbols anything and everything. The best is when someone puts a Girlfriend or BF's name. Hello you may breakup one day and Hate that Person. Fruit who knows why. I bet at the time it seemed like a good thing to do for them.

draculette;

Go to the web page where the article is. In the top search bar, just highlight it, press the "Ctrl" button and the "c" key. Come back here, in your post press the "Ctrl" button and the "v" key. Then the link will be there.

http://www.findshannangilbert.com/latest-threats-wont-stop-megans-family/

"An anonymous caller has left her [victim Megan Waterman's mother Lorraine Ela] several voicemails at work stating that he is a police officer from Long Island who wants to speak with her. Ela said the caller had an unusual tone and that police in Long Island have her proper contact information and would not call her at work. She said she was not able to identify the number because the person is calling from a private line. She said she contacted Long Island police about the issue, who told her to note the time and let her know when the caller dialed again."

New thread coming up. I'll lock this one soon.

Salem

I like Dexter....but I'm starting to think it's not such a great idea for a show. Too many sicko's watch and glorify it. Sistah mentioned there is Facebook fan club for the LI SK....I was thinking that Dexter may have played a role in something like that coming about.....seriously not cool. Scary.

The problem with that show, is that it serves as "inspiration" for people who 'identify' with Dexter. The biggest problem is that it serves as an educational tool for wanna-be SKs.

Dexter has caused indirectly the death of two people already, and i am sure they will be a lot more.
How low can TV media go in the chase of ratings in advertising dollars?
are we going to end up watching people being killed on TV in the name of entertainment, like in the satire movie Idiocracy?

Please continue here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6370299#post6370299"]NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #7 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thanks!

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members