Victim: Amber Lynn Costello, 27, missing Sept 2010, found Gilgo Beach Dec 2010 *Rex Heuermann charged*

Ill think about it, but honestly i dont remember earl well and i pray for hurricanes for waves, and usually remember where I was etc. Now if it was Irene that might tell us some thing.....
Maybe he has ermengency services to provide during such events ...wink wink.
And you can cross off boat use for anyone who still has it on their whiteboard.

I think Thursday, Sept 2 being the beginning of a holiday weekend tells us more. Earl weakened quickly that day and by that Thursday night, Sept 2nd, reports already had been out that it was being downgraded to cat 1 on friday (rain).

Being the start of labor day weekend is interesting though, if you haev kids in college this is likely the weekend they head back, maybe the wife drives the kid back up to school so your whole weekend is free? He may want to catch his prey early (starts making those calls minutes after the wife pulls out of the driveway) so he has the long weekend to play his games....

It was "Hurricane Earl" and it seems that it didn´t hit Li until Friday Sep 3rd, 2010.
(September 2, 2010 was thursday)

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/tropical_storm_warning_issued_for_0X6KfGiGas0LZsXJIkYQeN

Tropical storm warning issued for Long Island and NJ
POST WIRE SERVICES

Last Updated: 8:36 PM, September 2, 2010Posted: 5:30 AM, September 2, 2010

Quote (more in the link):

It's the calm before the storm.

Parts of eastern Long Island and New Jersey's shoreline are bracing for a massive storm this Labor Day weekend as Hurricane Earl continues to pack 125 mph winds as it makes its way up the East Coast, authorities warned today.

The National Weather Service issued a Tropical Storm Warning for the Long Island coast and portions of New Jersey since Earl has been downgraded to a Category 2 storm.

Nevertheless, the forecast for this weekend calls for 6- to 12-foot waves starting Friday with strong rip currents as the storm approaches.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Earl_(2010)

The following Monday; Sep 6, was Labor Day

thanks truthspider, the data didn't appear to show anything significant. I've rode out many a hurricane here in Hurricane alley south and work/school isn't cancelled til the very last minute. I wasn't sure about the drill on LI tho as every state varies in preparations. I appreciate the info.

wm

Great find on SY, but is he sleuthable? I found some things, but not sure if I should post. I REALLY like him as a POI...

tia

Great find on SY, but is he sleuthable? I found some things, but not sure if I should post. I REALLY like him as a POI...

tia

Nope, not sleuthable. We did sleuth him and most of our comments were removed.

Why didn't KO (AC's sister who says they spoke all the time) or DS report Amber missing? That seems like the elephant in the room. Were they afraid of someone in particular? Did they do anything, between September and December to try to find out what happened to her?

New York Magazine
A Serial Killer in Common
By Robert Kolker
Published May 29, 2011
http://nymag.com/news/features/long-island-serial-killer-families-2011-6/index4.html

"A few months before Amber disappeared, Overstreet persuaded Amber to enter a detox program at Nassau University Medical Center, but while Overstreet was caring for their sick father back in Wilmington, she says, Amber relapsed. “Her daily routine was she would get up, she would take the train into the city, cop, come back, set up a couple calls,” she says. Overstreet was in North Carolina and unable to help Amber this time. When she went missing, “I thought, Well, she probably just met someone who is getting high with her. Those were my exact words.” She didn’t file a missing-person report. “I knew,” she says, “it wouldn’t be taken seriously.”

There's likely a simple answer to this question, but I can't remember... so, I'm hoping someone will help me out!

Were ALC's and DS's phone records searched/traced? If so, had too much time elapsed and/or no report of ALC missing for this info to be of use?

TIA!

Dukes Of September Rhythm Revue. I don't know who they are though.

GRAMMY Award-winning singer-songwriters Donald Fagen, Michael McDonald and Boz Scaggs are uniting this summer and fall to tour as “The Dukes of September Rhythm Revue

Do you know the name of the artist/artists whos concert was cancelled September 3rd, 2010, at Jones Beach?

Can you look up the rainfall amounts and when they fell that evening?

If it was raining cats and dogs, then that puts a little twist on ACL's roomate's description of how she took a calm stroll down the street to meet the man who hired her!

I cannot see how he could forget that a horrible storm was hitting (if that is the case).

Can you look up the rainfall amounts and when they fell that evening?

If it was raining cats and dogs, then that puts a little twist on ACL's roomate's description of how she took a calm stroll down the street to meet the man who hired her!

I cannot see how he could forget that a horrible storm was hitting (if that is the case).

here's the weather....Amber disappeared Sept 2, 2010

http://www.wunderground.com/history...tml?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

Something that continues to bug me...if Amber left her phone with DS the night she disappeared, did DS ever try to contact her last client? Did he ever turn that phone over to LE? What happened to her phone? What happened to the purse she left behind?

While I don't neccesarily doubt DS, we really have only his version of events for the night Amber disappeared. So, I have to wonder, did LE ever bring a forensics team into that house? Cadaver dogs? Anything?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back