Similarities to a case in Israel...Sept 2008

Arwen

Caylee is worth about 1,000,000 Casey Anthonys.
Reaction score
Body of missing girl found in suitcase

JERUSALEM (CNN) -- Israeli police divers on Thursday found a suitcase containing human remains that are believed to be the body of a missing 4-year-old girl, an Israeli police spokesman said. The suitcase was pulled out of the Yarkon River in Tel Aviv, where police have been searching for Rose Pizem, Mickey Rosenfeld told CNN Two weeks ago, the girl's grandfather Roni Ron, 45, told police he stuffed her body in a suitcase and dumped it in the Yarkon River, which runs from Tel Aviv to Netanya along Israel's coast.

The remains will be tested to confirm the identification of the body and the tests could be completed by this afternoon, Rosenfeld said. Ron initially told police he accidentally killed Rose when he slapped her in a fit of rage, then changed his account.

Police transcripts quote Ron as saying: "I parked the car on the sidewalk. I opened the trunk, pulled out the suitcase and when I reached the banks of the river, I threw it. She's finished. I finished her. I saw the water seeping in, and the suitcase slowly sinking."

The family drama centers on Rose's mother, Marie-Charlotte Renault-Pizam, 23, and Ron -- her estranged husband's father -- with whom authorities say she has had two more daughters. Rose's father lives in France. Both the mother and grandfather are in custody.

Renault-Pizam has denied any role in her daughter's disappearance. She told police she thought Ron sent Rose to an institution in France, although police, without elaborating, have said they have a telephone conversation that shows she knew the child's fate.

Rose's great-grandmother, Vivienne Yaakov, reported the girl missing in late July, saying she had not seen her great-grandchild for about two months. Rose and her mother had been staying with Yaakov, who told police that Ron had taken the child and she never returned.

<<<<snipped>>>> Full Story at:
http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/09/11/israel.suitcase.girl/index.html

I saw this story and thought the same thing. :(
Especially this part

"Rose's great-grandmother, Vivienne Yaakov, reported the girl missing in late July, saying she had not seen her great-grandchild for about two months. Rose and her mother had been staying with Yaakov, who told police that Ron had taken the child and she never returned."

How horrible. This article makes it sound like the guy originally said he hit the child and killed her - but recanted that to admit he threw her alive, inside the suitcase, into the water. Poor baby. This guy burns in hell forever for doing something so evil.

With all due respect I have been investigating this story for some time now. There is not really much of a comparison.
This child never knew a day of love. She was unloved and unwanted and unprotected. She was shifted around from one family member to another. She was severely abused and neglected.

There is no comparison at all...IMHO

There is no comparison at all...IMHO

<respectfully snipped>

With all due respect, the comparison is:

- grandmother reported her missing after not seeing her for a period of time
- mother lied about child's whereabouts

I actually flagged this to ask a mod to change the name of this thread to Possible Similarities to a Case in Israel... last time I checked, none of them were showing as "online".

I found the similarities in the grandmother (who obviously must have loved the child) reporting her missing after a long period of time and the mother lying about the child's whereabouts.

I wonder how much else is also similar. I've heard theories that she was placed in a suitcase and theories she was thrown in the water. Who knows how similar they might be.

<respectfully snipped>

With all due respect, the comparison is:

- grandmother reported her missing after not seeing her for a period of time
- mother lied about child's whereabouts

This case is really "near and dear" to my heart. This child never knew a happy moment in her life. Not one. She was used as a pawn in a very nasty game played by adults IMHO.
I do think Caylee was loved by at least George and Cindy, and from what we have heard and read a lot of Casey's friends thought she was a great child.

In the case of this little girl the mother was "involved" with two different members of the same family. They didn't want the child but they fought over her as a possession.

That's what I meant. When I see threads like this I am interested because sometimes there is a connection.

I mean no disrespect to anyone. This case is just really involved. :blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back