FL - Juliana Mensch, 19, strangled in her Fort Lauderdale home, 24 March 2012 *arrests*

momtective

Lifetime WS Non-Mod
Reaction score
A young Florida couple has been arrested for murder after their social media history on Facebook, Google searches, and text messages revealed the evidence for what led to the death of their 19-year-old roommate.

Police say the victim, Juliana Mensch, was strangled on March 24 in the Fort Lauderdale home she shared with the couple following a money dispute. James Ayers, 32, was arrested a few days later after he confessed a crime to a friend while his girlfriend Nicole Okrzesik, 22, blamed the entire ordeal on Ayers. However, a police investigation on Okrzesik's social media history show disturbing evidences of the couple's thought process before and after the crime.

Using her smartphone, Okrzesik Googled several search terms including "chemicals to passout a person," "making people faint," "ways to kill people in their sleep," "how to suffocate someone," and "how to poison someone." Mensch was killed minutes after Orkzesik looked these words up on Google, reports the New Times Broward-Palm Beach.

much more at link http://www.ksla.com/story/18693328/googling-how-to-commit-murder-is-the-easiest-way-to-get-arrested

Sounds like she thought she had found the way to commit the perfect murder. Blame it on the boyfriend.

Why would you kill a roommate? I mean that is so senseless. A roommate you either make life so horrible that the roommate moves or you kick out or you move yourself. There really is no up side to killing him.

I read a sociology paper once about murders. Back in the cave man days, the ones who hunted lived. The better hunters were able to survive better. And you learned to fight other men in order to protect your hunting territory. So hunting instincts and skills became ingrained in our genetic history. Then our exsistence switched to farming. While less time was spent hunting, there was usually still some hunting involved. And there was killing meat for the table.

But now in modern times we have all this genetic history, but no outlet. Our survival no longer depends on hunting and killing skill and ability. Our survival no longer depends on protecting our hunting grounds. So we are left with instincts with no outlets, other than turning on each other. And that it will take time to breed out the instincts that were so valued at one time.

I heard about this and I think the girlfriend was manipulating the guy into doing this. I think she's a psychopath who wanted to see someone killed and not have any responsibility for it. He shows remorse, she doesn't seem to. JMO

I heard about this and I think the girlfriend was manipulating the guy into doing this. I think she's a psychopath who wanted to see someone killed and not have any responsibility for it. He shows remorse, she doesn't seem to. JMO

I'm more inclined to believe they were both "into it". She was formally indicted on 6/7, and apparently the trial will start on 6/25. Swift. Good for LE, I say. This pair is truly psycho...

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pulp/2012/06/nicole_okrzesik_indicted_mensch_murder.php

I wonder if they will be tried together. Not much in the news...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back