CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Aurora Sentinel ‏@aurorasentinel · 1m1 minute ago
Afternoon update from #Aurora #TheaterTrial - Denver Health doc describes Holmes’ mental breakdown http://bit.ly/1JkLXei #TheaterShooting

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 48s48 seconds ago
#theatershooting

Defense on direct:

Dr- take secondary data from doctors but try to verify their own findings or confirm diagnosis

I don't have a lot of background in my memory bank..Was ever JH deemed Insane after the shooting?? meaning in the concern being able to be aware of what his lawyer's were doing so unable to move forward with case against him etc???? TYIA..

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 1m1 minute ago
#theatershooting

Nov 16, 2012 @ 11:30 AM
Dr saw JH. He was so sedated they couldn’t arouse him. Talked to staff about incident @ jail

-----------------------------
The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 53s53 seconds ago
#theatershooting

Dr says evaluation with JH was impossible “Unable to assess”. He was sleepy due to medications.

------------------------------
#theatershooting

In his case, a side effect was sedation

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 56s56 seconds ago
#theatershooting

Dr referring to notes & they stopped some meds due to urinary retention.

#theatershooting

Haldol is 1st gen. antipsychotic; older. Put limit on lorazepam, which causes sedation

------------
Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 1m1 minute ago
Initially, Holland says, he was "unable to asses" Holmes during post-#theatershooting psychotic break due to side effects of meds he was on.

----------------------------------
#theatershooting

He had 700cc of urinary retention. Normal for his age would be 10cc.

-----------------------------------------
Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 2m2 minutes ago
Dr. John Holland of Denver Health is testifying in the Aurora #theatershooting trial. He's discussing meds prescribed

----------------------------
#theatershooting

In other words, he was too sleepy to potty and urine gathered in bladder. IV fluids can add to this large amount

Dr. Holland said jail notes about the gunman were fairly mundane, then changed on Nov. 11. "Over the next 4 days there was self-destructive behavior, being naked, having unusual postures... smearing feces..."anica.padilla

I don't have a lot of background in my memory bank..Was ever JH deemed Insane after the shooting?? meaning in the concern being able to be aware of what his lawyer's were doing so unable to move forward with case against him etc???? TYIA..

I think his lawyers were trying to push for this but I don't believe he was ever deemed insane. I will have a look and see what I can find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 2m2 minutes ago
#theatershooting

Inattention - inability to arouse patient. Affects metabolic function and can enhance psychosis

I think his lawyers were trying to push for this but I don't believe he was ever deemed insane. I will have a look and see what I can find.

I think you are correct--isn't that why the Judge authorized Dr. Reid????

Mr. King is checking out jury a few times today

Police and FBI agents interviewed him right away. Dr. Woodcock spoke to him 4 days after the shooting, but all the sanity evaluations were done much lateranica.padilla

#theatershooting

Next time he saw JH later in the day he was less sedated
#theatershooting

JH was less impaired, didn’t have to physically wake him up.

#theatershooting

Follow up note: Patient reports he is in “shadow boxes” and his voices are telling him to “get water"
#theatershooting

Dr’s look for presence of hallucinations. Shadow boxes - primitive visual hallucinations

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 1m1 minute ago
Holland: JH mentioned to doctors something about a "shadow box" and voices that were telling him to get water. #theatershooting

#theatershooting

JH said in regards to self harm he bit his arm for food

#theatershooting

Patient denies visual hallucinations and suicidal thoughts

#theatershooting

JH shadowboxes - Dr says not visual hallucinations but more in how he described them.

I think you are correct--isn't that why the Judge authorized Dr. Reid????

The prosecution objected to one of the psychiatrists due to 'bias'. I think that's when lovely Dr Reid came in.

Haldol is only used in the ER because it acts quickly..within 10-15 minutes..but hasn't been continued after that ( only PRN/when needed) unless total out of control behaviours...I recall giving those shots (IM-intermuscular) thru clothing with 4-5 huge mean restraining them...I use to term it as trying to hit a moving target..Thankfully never did any damage..

Ohhh bad example..uretha does close down..the internal sphincter out of bladder has....Hummmmmm..Part of the side affects of longer term use of Haldol (Extrapyramidal symptoms) without co-meds of Cogentin consistent low dose to counteract such symptoms...

The Resperdal is something that takes days to get up to speed in actual desired affect..to have to titrate med levels accordingly...Sorry If I'm getting too technical..I know a few of those juror's would understand me LOL

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 55s56 seconds ago
#theatershooting

Jh reported he hadn’t eaten for days b/c it made him sick and voice told him not to.
The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 45s46 seconds ago
#theatershooting

Dr doesn’t expect 24 y/o in good health to become delirious by not eating unless something underlying there

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 44s45 seconds ago
Holland: Holmes denied visual hallucinations during post-#theatershooting psychotic break. Said he heard voices telling him not to eat

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 56s56 seconds ago
#theatershooting

Typically a healthy person would become more physically ill and not mentally

Anyone else looking forward to cross? I am guessing it will be Orman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23