Texas addresses

Jane Doe used the mailing address 6102 Mockingbird, #191 on her Social Security application in July 1988.

With the kind assistance of several Dallas area librarians, I've gotten scans from the 1988/89 city directories published by Polk and Cole (see attached). The Polk directory includes a listing for the "Mockingbird Postal Center" at that address.

I managed to track down a man, Steve H., who worked at the Mockingbird Postal Center from 1990, and owned it from 1993. He confirmed that the center's address in 1990 was 6102 E. Mockingbird, Suite 102. He said there was no Suite 191, and that if Jane Doe used the center, #191 likely was her box number. He said that the prior owner was Jim K., now deceased. Steve H. looked at online pictures of Jane Doe/Lori Ruff, and did not recognize her, though he said that he remembers many customers from that time.View attachment 93228View attachment 93229

Nice work. Thank you!

Jane Doe used the mailing address 6102 Mockingbird, #191 on her Social Security application in July 1988.

With the kind assistance of several Dallas area librarians, I've gotten scans from the 1988/89 city directories published by Polk and Cole (see attached). The Polk directory includes a listing for the "Mockingbird Postal Center" at that address.

I managed to track down a man, Steve H., who worked at the Mockingbird Postal Center from 1990, and owned it from 1993. He confirmed that the center's address in 1990 was 6102 E. Mockingbird, Suite 102. He said there was no Suite 191, and that if Jane Doe used the center, #191 likely was her box number. He said that the prior owner was Jim K., now deceased. Steve H. looked at online pictures of Jane Doe/Lori Ruff, and did not recognize her, though he said that he remembers many customers from that time.View attachment 93228View attachment 93229

Thanks Bookman. Interesting finding. So basically it was another drop box that she was using when she first started with the Lori Kennedy identity.

But she must have at least lived in the vicinity of there..... I know, needle-in-a-haystack, but still.....

Amazing work, Bookman, thanks button isn't enough!

Lived or worked, or maybe even both.

Bridal store in that list -- didn't we have a tie to a woman with an Asian name at a bridal store or custom sewing? We have so many details!

Can anyone find what I'm talking about, or at least share the memory with me?

TY, Laughing

I posted on the other thread please take a look at this movie .

Amazing work, Bookman, thanks button isn't enough!

Lived or worked, or maybe even both.

Bridal store in that list -- didn't we have a tie to a woman with an Asian name at a bridal store or custom sewing? We have so many details!

Can anyone find what I'm talking about, or at least share the memory with me?

TY, Laughing

I thought the lady at the Idaho address was a seamstress or something.

OH GOOD LORD MY DOC IS THERE 1111 AIRPORT FWY !!!!!!!!!! HE IS #147

Dr Markum, I hurt my back and went for 2 years , I will stop by on the way home :)

some freakin sleuth I am !

Forgive me if I missed your follow up, but did you talk to your dr? How long has his practice been at that address? Could she have been an employee or a relative of his?

I managed to track down a man, Steve H., who worked at the Mockingbird Postal Center from 1990, and owned it from 1993. He confirmed that the center's address in 1990 was 6102 E. Mockingbird, Suite 102. He said there was no Suite 191, and that if Jane Doe used the center, #191 likely was her box number. He said that the prior owner was Jim K., now deceased. Steve H. looked at online pictures of Jane Doe/Lori Ruff, and did not recognize her, though he said that he remembers many customers from that time.
attachment.php
attachment.php

This is excellent sleuthing! Every time I read the address Mockingbird Lane I couldn't help thinking, she is just "mocking" us and chose a random address on that road for the name, but this makes it make sense. She had a postal box there. I wonder how she paid for the box rental. With a check? No chance that banks keep canceled business checks from that many years ago, is there?

Why would she move so frequently in within the Dallas/Fort Worth area? Moving is to a new apartment generally requires paying the first and last month’s rent upfront, plus a deposit. She would also have to establish utilities at each address. How did she move her possessions from location to location? Did she have a driver’s license prior to 2001?
I have listed as many residences, work locations and PO Boxes in the Dallas area that I could find associated with FLEK, along with map links and notes about each location. These are not necessarily in chronological order, so please edit as needed.

RESIDENCES

6102 Mockingbird #191, Dallas, TX 75214
7-12-88 SS application with this address, no building currently listed at this address
https://www.google.com/maps/place/6...17ea5002!8m2!3d32.8364718!4d-96.7613453?hl=en

6266 Melody Ln, Apt 3079, Dallas, TX 75231-7585
Passport issued 3-19-90 to this address. Passport application lists departure date OF 3-23-90 to Germany and London.
GED issued to this address from El Centro College Main and Lamar Dallas, TX 75202, tests taken 4-7-90 to 5-5-90.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/6...24180cde!8m2!3d32.8647518!4d-96.7568069?hl=en

3146 Hudnall St, Dallas, TX 75235-7908
Axxxx Laciner lived at 3310 Hudnall St. Apt. 209-H
https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...a4acdefb!8m2!3d32.8232075!4d-96.8269702?hl=en

543344 PO Box, Dallas, TX 75354-3344

1111 W Airport Fwy, Ste 147, Irving, TX 75062-6204
Currently a strip mall location.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...2373537215240a6!8m2!3d32.8384712!4d-96.959875

810 PO Box, Euless, TX 76039-0810
Listed on 96/97 Federal Student Aid application. The city is spelled incorrectly on the application as Eules.
9/7/96 Buckeye Pilot certificate.

2193 Colter Ct. Euless, TX. 76039
Address not found.

200 Bear Creek Dr, Apt 219, Euless, TX 76039-2060
https://www.google.com/maps/place/2...33ceaf4ccde86c!8m2!3d32.8729725!4d-97.0849496

14400 Statler Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76155
https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...fe5f54b8f0c2ef!8m2!3d32.8192084!4d-97.0551139

3901 Oakridge Ct, Apt 3815, Fort Worth, TX 76155-4845
Next to the Statler address and CentrePort train station.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/O...19c6d466604427!8m2!3d32.8180316!4d-97.0542859

2436 Harwood Rd, Apt 387, Bedford, TX 76021-3628
Copper Canyon Apartments
7/18/2001 Drivers License lists this address.
NCH unclaimed property of $71.51 lists this address. Resume states she worked at NCH 8/2000-8/2002.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/2...60d06142cbe0de!8m2!3d32.8519354!4d-97.1273167

1978 Oak Creek Ln, Apt 16, Bedford, TX 76022-7944
Cantebria Crossing Apartments listed as business association. Did she manage apartments in exchange for rent?
Address on resume that was written after 08/2002
https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...a4a4c68ee27743!8m2!3d32.8351813!4d-97.1391435

210844 PO Box, Bedford, TX 76095-7844

1109 Willow Brook Tr. Carrollton, TX 75006
Possible address. Single family home listed on $10 unclaimed property from Texas A&M to Lori A Kennedy.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...8ab14f7d2!8m2!3d32.9693473!4d-96.911482?hl=en

1811 E Frankford Rd, Apt 1004, Carrollton, TX 75007-5236
2004 Lori Ruff name change driver license
https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...4f54b177!8m2!3d33.0004483!4d-96.8897078?hl=en

221 County Road 5066, Leonard, TX 75452-3925
2007 renewal driver license
https://www.google.com/maps/place/2...554f475a69!8m2!3d33.377971!4d-96.262594?hl=en

WORK

7/92-7/98 Self Employed Forth Worth, TX

1/98-5/98 Operating Technical Grand Prairie, TX

05/98-12/98 Highland Meadows Christian Church 2600 Hall - Johnson Rd, Colleyville, TX 76034. Now Compass Christian Church.

4/99-6/00 Arteriors Dallas, TX. Now located at 1745 Hayden Drive, Suite 100
Carrollton, TX 75006

8/00-8/02 NCH 2727 Chemsearch Blvd, Irving, TX 75062
Texas Unclaimed Property NCH owes Lori E Kennedy $71.51
https://mycpa.cpa.state.tx.us/up/searchresults.do

08/02-Present Key Automation 1161 Corporate Drive West # 120, Arlington, Texas 76006

Why would she move so frequently in within the Dallas/Fort Worth area? Moving is to a new apartment generally requires paying the first and last month’s rent upfront, plus a deposit. She would also have to establish utilities at each address. How did she move her possessions from location to location? Did she have a driver’s license prior to 2001?
I have listed as many residences, work locations and PO Boxes in the Dallas area that I could find associated with FLEK, along with map links and notes about each location. These are not necessarily in chronological order, so please edit as needed.

*Snipped by me for space

Great summary of her addresses! Just, FYI, there is a REAL Lori Kennedy alive and still in the Dallas area, IIRC. I think most have assumed any LK without the correct middle initial are the real one. Not trying to discourage you from looking up all the Lori Kennedy references just letting you know to try to help narrow your search and also because we should be careful posting details about the real LK, like her full addresses.

As to why she moved around so much, you'll notice many of the addresses are either PO Boxes or Apartment buildings without an apartment # attached. I suspect she did not actually move as much as the record shows (though it's possible). She could have just had mail forwarded to all these different addresses. As for the apartment buildings without a # there are a few explanations. One is that she knew someone at that building who would hold her mail for her. Another possibility is that those buildings could have had open mail slots in the lobby anyone could access. Mail addressed without a number or mail placed in the wrong box would be placed in a bin or basket near the mail station for anyone to look through and find their mail. I actually lived in a few apartments where this was the mail situation. It's chaos and may not be legal any more but it was the way it was and the mail was not very secure at all. Anyway that is a loop hole in the mail system and she could easily have had mail delivered to a place she didn't live or just had it forwarded to her actual address. MOO.

I found an interesting article on passport issuing policies for 1990. According to the article, all passports were mailed unless there was a rush request and the applicant could show proof of imminent travel. The issuing date on the passport and the departure date on the application form are within days. Did FLEK travel to Houston to pick up the passport directly and did she have proof of travel plans?

"First, all new or renewed passports will be mailed to the applicant, rather than held for pickup in person, unless there is acute time pressure. In areas where mail service is good, Washington, D.C., for example, a rush request would have to involve a departure within 10 working days, or the applicant would have to show that before leaving visas would have to be obtained for countries whose procedures are slow. In New York and Los Angeles, where mail is slow, an applicant might be able to pick up a passport even when the departure was further off. Proof, in the form of a copy of an itinerary from a travel agent or a copy of an airline ticket, will be required with a rush request.

Second, the passport application should go through whichever of the 13 regional passport offices is nearest to the applicant's residence. The regional offices are in New York, Houston, Washington, Boston, Chicago, Honolulu, Los Angeles, Miami, New Orleans, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle and Stamford, Conn.

Marlene Schwartz, chief of the Passport Service's field coordination staff, said that the rules on mail delivery and use of the nearest office were being enforced because of logjams in New York, Washington and Houston."

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/12/31/t...-1990-renew-passport-soon.html?pagewanted=all

*Snipped by me for space

Great summary of her addresses! Just, FYI, there is a REAL Lori Kennedy alive and still in the Dallas area, IIRC. I think most have assumed any LK without the correct middle initial are the real one. Not trying to discourage you from looking up all the Lori Kennedy references just letting you know to try to help narrow your search and also because we should be careful posting details about the real LK, like her full addresses.

As to why she moved around so much, you'll notice many of the addresses are either PO Boxes or Apartment buildings without an apartment # attached. I suspect she did not actually move as much as the record shows (though it's possible). She could have just had mail forwarded to all these different addresses. As for the apartment buildings without a # there are a few explanations. One is that she knew someone at that building who would hold her mail for her. Another possibility is that those buildings could have had open mail slots in the lobby anyone could access. Mail addressed without a number or mail placed in the wrong box would be placed in a bin or basket near the mail station for anyone to look through and find their mail. I actually lived in a few apartments where this was the mail situation. It's chaos and may not be legal any more but it was the way it was and the mail was not very secure at all. Anyway that is a loop hole in the mail system and she could easily have had mail delivered to a place she didn't live or just had it forwarded to her actual address. MOO.

All of the addresses have been posted on the site previously and are tied to Lori E Kennedy with the exception of the single family home, so I hope I didn't break any rules. I don't think she lived at all of these places either. Some residences don't exist now and due to great sleuthing by the TX team, we know they didn't exist in the 80's or 90's either. As you pointed out, some of the addresses that do exist are in huge complexes with vague apartment numbers. If she lived in Euless, why did she spell the name of the city incorrectly? Also, why have 3 PO Boxes in close proximity?

I found an interesting article on passport issuing policies for 1990. According to the article, all passports were mailed unless there was a rush request and the applicant could show proof of imminent travel. The issuing date on the passport and the departure date on the application form are within days. Did FLEK travel to Houston to pick up the passport directly and did she have proof of travel plans?

"First, all new or renewed passports will be mailed to the applicant, rather than held for pickup in person, unless there is acute time pressure. In areas where mail service is good, Washington, D.C., for example, a rush request would have to involve a departure within 10 working days, or the applicant would have to show that before leaving visas would have to be obtained for countries whose procedures are slow. In New York and Los Angeles, where mail is slow, an applicant might be able to pick up a passport even when the departure was further off. Proof, in the form of a copy of an itinerary from a travel agent or a copy of an airline ticket, will be required with a rush request.

Second, the passport application should go through whichever of the 13 regional passport offices is nearest to the applicant's residence. The regional offices are in New York, Houston, Washington, Boston, Chicago, Honolulu, Los Angeles, Miami, New Orleans, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle and Stamford, Conn.

Marlene Schwartz, chief of the Passport Service's field coordination staff, said that the rules on mail delivery and use of the nearest office were being enforced because of logjams in New York, Washington and Houston."

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/12/31/t...-1990-renew-passport-soon.html?pagewanted=all
This is an interesting thing to note - do you want to copy your post into the general discussion thread too? Just so it doesn't get missed. I wonder if the Houston passport office holds these kinds of records that far back.

That's a good observation but Velling clarified in the live chat that she had the passport mailed to her and that she never traveled using that passport. "Departure date" is just when she planned to travel but she never really traveled according to the state department. http://live.seattletimes.com/Event/Live_chat_with_investigator_reporter_about_Jane_Doe_case?Page=1
Maybe I'm overlooking it, but do we know the exact date she applied for the passport? She could have just picked a date for departure a month in advance (or however long the average passport wait time was in 1990).

Thanks for pointing out that Velling stated that the passport was mailed, but that just raises more questions. The timeline thread lists the passport application date as the same date as the issue date on the passport, but I think that may be a typo on the timeline page. We know she never used the passport and she had other forms of ID by 1990, so why go though the trouble of getting and paying for a passport that she wasn't go to use? Why pick a fictions travel date so close to the issuing date unless she intended on picking up the passport in person? The work phone number on the application currently belongs to Kelly Services. If they had the same number in 1990 she could have been a temp data entry operator for Kelly. Temp data entry operators didn't make huge sums of money and purchasing something like a passport for nonexistent travel plans would have been pretty extravagant..
Name:
Kelly Services
Address:
8144 Walnut Hill Ln 120
City:
Dallas
State:
Texas, US
Zip Code:
Telephone:
(214) 373-6736

I think who ever made the timeline wrote "applies" when they meant "issued". I'm looking for it but I cannot find any place where we are told the date she filled out the application. For some reason the signature line where there should have been a date is blanked out. Who did she put as her emergency contact? We don't know because they blanked that part out before releasing the document, IMO.

and BOY are we itchin' to talk to that Emergency Contact or the Texas Business Women or s/s1988 or the bankruptcy attorney or someone from the pain specialist's office or either of the colleges or....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back