IL IL/MO Nicholas Sheley

I'm so glad they caught him!

Where was it reported that it was his wife and child that were killed? The only articles I've read state that one of the victims was "related" to one of the older victims.

I'm so glad they caught him!

Where was it reported that it was his wife and child that were killed? The only articles I've read state that one of the victims was "related" to one of the older victims.

It couldn't have been his wife and child that were killed, at least I don't think so. Just a few minutes ago on Greta, she was phone interviewing a reporter who had been contacted by the wife. They were discussing her and I'm sure they would have mentioned if she'd been killed. As a matter of fact, the reporter on the phone said she made some type of statement that she hoped she'd see him again, 'alive,' or something like that.

Apparently there's been trouble in the marriage, caused by more than one type of substance abuse.

The anger that this guy seemed to seethe with, indicates to me either cocaine, crack, or meth.

Just sayin',
fran

Well, call me confused, because the 2nd link in my opening comment of this thread says:
A Quad Cities television station reported that a woman who lived at the apartment is married to Nicholas T. Sheley of Sterling.

His wife was interviewed by a reporter that appeared on Greta.

15 people dead now? I heard it was 8. Each time I hear an update on t.v. it seems the details change. This a.m. on t.v. they said he killed a man, woman, and child (earlier this week?) and the owners's two dogs were walking around covered with blood that wasn't their blood? Huh? I'm curious to hear more about him. Has anyone seen a list of who died?

The ABC radio news report I heard stated that the other 7 were suspected to have been killed by him.

Okay, the dogs that were found with blood on them were the dogs of the two people travelling from Arkansas that he killed in Festus MO. The blood belonged to their owners, it wasn't the blood of the dogs. The dogs were found alive.

It seems that he has an ex-wife and a wife. I believe one or the other of them was one of the 4 victims found dead in an apartment in Rock Falls, Il. There were 2 men, one woman and a child. Rumor around here is that the child was also his.

I'll post more later on. We're going to Rock Falls tomorrow to see a buddy of ours that is up visting and he's staying in the area. We should be able to get more of the scoop then.

Okay, the dogs that were found with blood on them were the dogs of the two people travelling from Arkansas that he killed in Festus MO. The blood belonged to their owners, it wasn't the blood of the dogs. The dogs were found alive.
quote]

Thanks TallCoolOne. I thought they meant the blood wasn't the owners. I guess that wouldn't make sense that they would know that right away. It not being dog blood makes sense. Thanks for any updates you have.

Okay, it sounds as if the woman killed was NOT his wife nor his ex-wife. She was the girlfiend of one of the men that were killed there. The child was hers. Sorry for any misinformation. That should teach me to go on rumor......

This guy could have been in prison in the past but noooooo..... :mad:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-sheley-hearing-web-jul03,0,2978175.story

He twice avoided imprisonment, once when a key witness failed to testify, another on a legal technicality
By Azam Ahmed, James Kimberly and Bill Bryan | Chicago Tribune 11:11 PM CDT, July 2, 2008 A Sterling, Ill., man suspected of committing eight slayings in Illinois and Missouri in the last week slipped through the legal netting two times in as many years, evading imprisonment as the court system worked to prosecute him in a series of violent felonies.

In 2006, armed robbery and home invasion charges were dismissed after the only witness who could implicate Nicholas Sheley refused to testify. In a separate case, an Illinois law requiring defendants being held on bond to be brought to trial within 120 days caused Whiteside County prosecutors to recommend Sheley be freed from jail as he awaited trial on home invasion charges from 2007.

"If the state had not proposed that he be released on the recognizance bond, then the 120 days would have expired and the case would have had to have been dismissed entirely," said James Mertes, Sheley's defense attorney in that case. Many cases are delayed because of defense continuances, which do not count against the 120-day clock.

Whiteside County prosecutors did not return repeated calls seeking comment.
(more plus video, maps, great related articles at link)

(I counted 8 possible murder victims in this article.)

How does any woman marry and have a baby with someone like this? :mad:

It couldn't have been his wife and child that were killed, at least I don't think so. Just a few minutes ago on Greta, she was phone interviewing a reporter who had been contacted by the wife. They were discussing her and I'm sure they would have mentioned if she'd been killed. As a matter of fact, the reporter on the phone said she made some type of statement that she hoped she'd see him again, 'alive,' or something like that.

Apparently there's been trouble in the marriage, caused by more than one type of substance abuse.

The anger that this guy seemed to seethe with, indicates to me either cocaine, crack, or meth.

Just sayin',
fran

Believe I read it was crack and/or meth.

Thanks dhchick04, just as I thought. That stuff is evil.

fran

http://www.myfoxstl.com/myfox/pages...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Murder Suspect Nicholas Sheley Headed Back To Nothern Illinois

(KTVI - myFOXstl.com) -- Accused spree killer Nicholas Sheley is headed back to northern Illinois. Sheley was picked up by Knox County authorities around 7 a.m. Thursday.

<<<<<<snip>>>>>>>

There is word he may have used an ax to commit the crimes, and drugs may be a motive

Here's a list of what is believed to be his victims. So far he's only been charged with one. I don't think they're going to take a chance on him being released on a technicality this time! :behindbar

From reading the article, he left plenty of incriminating evidence at each scene. Good!:mad:

1=Russell Reed, age 93
2=Ronald Randall, age 65
3 -6=two men, a woman and a child, men were in their 20's,(Brock Branson and Kenneth Ulvey), woman and child not id'd
7-8=Tom and Jill Estes, an Elderly couple

OhMyGosh! and they think he used an axe. :furious:

JMHO
fran

http://www.myfoxstl.com/myfox/pages...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Captured Murder Suspect Nicholas Sheley Awaiting Arraignment

Last Edited: Wednesday, 02 Jul 2008, 6:15 AM CDT
Created: Wednesday, 02 Jul 2008, 6:15 AM CDT

<<<<<<<<<<snip>>>>>>>>>

The FBI on Tuesday launched a manhunt for Sheley, warning that he should be considered armed and dangerous. Among those authorities believe Sheley killed were a 93-year-old man, a child and a couple whose blood-soaked dogs were found roaming a motel parking lot.

Sheley has been charged only in the death of one of the eight. He faces charges of first-degree murder, aggravated battery and vehicular hijacking in the death of Ronald Randall, whose body was found Monday behind a grocery store in Galesburg, in northwestern Illinois, police said. An autopsy showed the 65-year-old died from blunt force trauma to the head, likely on Saturday.

Investigators said the other victims all appeared to have died in the same manner and that evidence linked to Sheley was recovered at each scene. The FBI and Illinois State Police declined to elaborate.

Authorities said the killings began with the beating death of 93-year-old Russell Reed, a Sterling man whose body was found stuffed in the trunk of a car Thursday. Sheley also is from Sterling, a town of 15,000 about 100 miles west of Chicago.

On Monday, police discovered the bodies of two men, a woman and a child in an apartment on a street of single-family homes in nearby Rock Falls. Investigators believe they likely died late Saturday or early Sunday.

Sheley was acquainted with the male victims, Brock Branson and Kenneth Ulvey, both in their 20s, said Illinois State Police Region Two Commander Mark Maton. Police did not identify the woman or child.

More than 250 miles, the bodies of Tom and Jill Estes of Sherwood, Ark., were found Monday behind a gas station in Festus, said Lt. Bill Baker with the St. Louis Area Major Case Squad.

The couple had checked into a Comfort Inn in Festus on Friday and were last seen late Sunday. Their dogs were found in the hotel parking lot, unharmed but covered with blood.

Sheley has pleaded not guilty to murder in the deaths of six people in Illinois and two in Missouri in June 2008.

The first trial is in the death of 65-year-old Ronald Randall of Galesburg.

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2011/06/07/prosecution-wants-accused-killer-moved-to-central-il-prison/

The first delay
in the start of the trial for accused spree killer Nicholas Sheley has been granted -- first, since Sheley officially started representing himself.

Knox County Circuit Court Judge James Stewart Wednesday said the trial, which was to have started June 20th, will now start August 29th, quote, "for sure."

http://www.wgil.com/localnews.php?xnewsaction=fullnews&newsarch=062011&newsid=28

The change was made because prosecutors argued key witnesses would be on vacations.

That includes a Galesburg police investigator described as "critical."

http://www.newstimes.com/default/ar...cholas-Sheley-trial-1405393.php#ixzz1OfdynvdR

Nicholas Sheley has complained that the Illinois Department of Corrections is denying him the time to review documents he needs to mount his defense.

Sheley, who is accused of committing eight murders, has been allowed to represent himself in Knox County Circuit Court but told Judge James Stewart on Wednesday that IDOC was making it difficult for him to do so.

http://www.galesburg.com/news/x1293703005/Sheley-says-IDOC-impeding-his-defense

Sheley has pleaded not guilty to murder in the deaths of six people in Illinois and two in Missouri in June 2008.

The first trial is in the death of 65-year-old Ronald Randall of Galesburg.

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2011/06/07/prosecution-wants-accused-killer-moved-to-central-il-prison/

The first delay in the start of the trial for accused spree killer Nicholas Sheley has been granted -- first, since Sheley officially started representing himself.

Knox County Circuit Court Judge James Stewart Wednesday said the trial, which was to have started June 20th, will now start August 29th, quote, "for sure."

http://www.wgil.com/localnews.php?xnewsaction=fullnews&newsarch=062011&newsid=28

The change was made because prosecutors argued key witnesses would be on vacations.

That includes a Galesburg police investigator described as "critical."

http://www.newstimes.com/default/ar...cholas-Sheley-trial-1405393.php#ixzz1OfdynvdR

Nicholas Sheley has complained that the Illinois Department of Corrections is denying him the time to review documents he needs to mount his defense.

Sheley, who is accused of committing eight murders, has been allowed to represent himself in Knox County Circuit Court but told Judge James Stewart on Wednesday that IDOC was making it difficult for him to do so.

http://www.galesburg.com/news/x1293703005/Sheley-says-IDOC-impeding-his-defense

well, now he has 39 more days to `review documents`

Wow, I'd never heard of this guy. I hope they straighten out these problems with letting him review documents/evidence (if indeed there are problems), so there aren't technicalities...this guy canNOT get out on the streets again!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmalan
Back